371 Users Online
Google, Bing

Sticks and stones — Dead Empress Backwater 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 160 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kateri Vuesain-Slayer
Backdated to 6/5 for @Eros[/b]

She'd been in the backwater for a little while now. She was keeping up with the treatment she'd set for her leg and everyday she saw small improvements to the moment and strength. She was pleased with the progress She was making and though she might be all better by winter. She was doing so well that she'd even managed to catch a rabbit that morning.

Proudly she made her way back into the territory the rabbit dangling from her maw. She meant to deposit it in the cache to help the others. Since coming to the backwater she'd been trying to do everything she could to help out.

The Slayer found the cache and began to dig it out. The rabbit laid on the ground next to her. It was just a few minutes before she had uncovered the cache, deposited her prize and reburied it. Last but not least she took the time to make sure everything was in place.
Played by Cade who has 499 posts.
Dead Empress Backwater II. Leader
Eros Valle
Eros had been ecstatic when Kateri had come to stay, thrilled to finally see their little vision come to fruition. It hadn't occurred to him that she was here because of difficulties at home or any other possibility; he was just happy to have another friend amongst them. Lessons with Ma had been made all the more fun for it, and during the time off he had one more option for company. For him, things were only looking up.

"Kat!" he called when he spied her, shoulders hunched as she dug amongst the dry earth. Bounding over, tail wagging, he inquisitively observed her as she finished reburying the stored meat.

"Wanna hang out?"
Inactive No Rank
Kateri Vuesain-Slayer
It felt really good to get ablenyo do her part to help the backwater out. Especially since she didn't have plans to leave any time soon amd they had been kind enough to accept her into the pack. She felt that being there was good for her. Now she buried her catch with a smile on her face. She was so happy to finally be able to go hunting after worrying so long that it might be something she'd never be able to do such a thing.

She'd just pushed the last of the dirt over the cache when someone called out her name. She looked up to find Eros there. A wide smile crossed her features. He'd become a good friend during her time in the backwater. "Hey Eros," she greeted taking a few steps toward him. Her smile only got bigger when he asked if she wanted to hang out. "Sure, I just finished hunting so I am free the rest of the day."
Eros Valle
"Awesome!" he answered earnestly. It was clear to see how much more use of her limb Kateri had, and he was genuinely thrilled for her to have healed so well. Her concern about it previously had been evident, and now they were able to spar as well. They'd both be battle-ready in no time, he was sure of it!

"How're you settling in?" he decided to ask, as she had officially passed the length of his father's Pup Exchange. Was this the longest she'd been away from home? He wouldn't know what that was like, but he imagined really different.
Inactive No Rank
Kateri Vuesain-Slayer
She smiled when Eros seemed happy that she wanted to hang out with him. She'd always liked tye Valle boy and she hadn't forgotten the deal they'd made to each other. That wasn't something she was thinking about then. Kateri wantedbto just hang out and get to know Eros better since they were now packmates.

"I'm settling in well," she told with a smile. "Its easier I think since I've visited and met everyone before. I'm glad to be here though." It was a new experience for her but Kateri was excited to explore a life among the backwater wolves further. "So what do you all do for fun around here?" She asked playfully.
Eros Valle
She answered positively, helping Eros to maintain his bright smile and cheer. His tail kept up a relaxed and easy pace at his hocks as he listened, glad to hear what she was saying. The question Kat then posed got him thinking, peach eyes looking around them to help gather ideas.

"Well, I like explorin'. Usually I take Seri or Archer with me and we go outside the borders. Or sometimes I wrestle with my lil sibs, they can be pretty fun even though the girls are kind of... mean? Uhh."

It was such a short list, and he tried to come up with more. Instead, he came to realize just how much of his free time he spent looking for things away from the pack. Whoops.

"Might not be as fun around here as the mountain, I guess," Eros finally settled with sheepishly.
Inactive No Rank
Kateri Vuesain-Slayer
Having spent her whole life on the mountain Kateri didn't know much about what went on beyond it. Was life different for the wolves of the backwater since they didn't live on the mountain or was it pretty much the same just in a different place. So that led her to be curious about what they did for fun.

"Exploring is always fun," she said though she didn't feel she'd done very much exploring in her life. He also spoke of playing with his younger siblings. Which got Kateri's attention since that was something she'd been struggling with. "How do you like having younger siblings?" She asked though she knew after talking with Archer that their situation was a little different than hers.

Kateri shrugged at his comment about the mountain, "I don't know but I want to find out," she stated, "It might be more fun here since I might not be monitored constantly."