(See All?) Announcements
720 Users Online
Google, Sophrosnia, Bing

strangely familiar — Empress Riffle 
Print · · Subscribe · 2 Loves ·
Played by Winter who has 108 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Stella Vuesain
Today had really turned out quite unexpectedly. Even the bird had stopped its tirade at some point without her notice, moving on and leaving them in peace. And perhaps this journey of hers hadn't been worthless  after all - no, definitely. She was glad to had found a brother she hadn't known before. It was an encouraging thought that had been very sorely needed.

"Well, you're welcome any time as far as I'm concerned, even if ya just need a drink" the yearling could not imagine the lake would not be there, even now, it was her home, how could it not be? And it would be wrong not to share, with kin especially.

Her smile turned somewhat uncertain, and she scratched a claw in the dirt, hoping that she really would see Seri again after they parted ways today. Stel hated goodbyes, and if they could part on a hopeful note, she would be glad. Whatever bad blood might have been between the older generation was didn't matter now, surely?

"I'll show ya the Cove, and introduce you the others if ya like," she promised, giving a nod to seal the deal. "It was really good to meet you," she added, after a breath.
Played by Tasha who has 124 posts.
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Seri Donata
And so I tell myself that I'll be strong
Seri Donata
and dreaming when they're gone

Seri had lost track of the bird and how it’s singing had deceased in the meeting of his half-sister. He was genuinely happy to meet her, even if the entire relationship mess that was his family tree complicated things quite a bit. He never really knew where he stood with any of them. He had never really met any of his half-siblings… he knew of them of course, but Stella was really the first one that he’d taken the time to talk to.

If he had known, he was not entirely sure he would have talked to her, if only out of fear for what she might think of him because he had not grown up in the Cove with the rest of them. What if they thought bad about him for not being around? What if it made him less of a sibling in their minds? He didn’t even have the Vuesain last name… he was a Donata.

Still, she was so welcoming, and it made him so hopeful for the relationships he could build despite the fact that he lived so far from all of them. “I would love that! You all have water still, then?” He asked, incredibly hopeful because he knew the Backwater had dried up before he had even joined their ranks. “I would love to meet everyone… I’ve really only met Dad… and even then I didn’t really get to know him because… well…” He trailed off with a frown. “Dad and my mom really don’t like each other… and I guess they were fighting about me because mom didn’t tell him about me until he met me on the mountain… but I can tell you more about all of that when I visit… it’s kinda a doozy.”

[Image: zHxmDjA.png]
Played by Winter who has 108 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Stella Vuesain
Looking back at Seri, one could really see the resemblance to Pa and her brothers. Those eyes had such a familiar glint, especially when they were lit up with excitement.

At the mention of the lake, Stella dropped her ears. "I sure hope so!" she exclaimed, though really, she could not imagine a world where her lake home dried up into nothing. It was simply unfathomable to the Cove girl. Though with how the drought had been, Seri's concerns were probably rooted in recent experience. "I mean, I'm sure its fine, even if its been a while since the rain," she explained. Lost Lake was a deep, silent constant in her life. It wasn't just any old puddle or rill. Maybe she was being a bit biased in her sentimentality, though. "Has the drought been hard, here?" she inquired with some care.

Stella listened as he went on, about meeting them all and why he hadn't yet. Dark-tipped ears attuned to catch the words as they trailed off. "I'm sorry they fought like that," she began, not really knowing where to begin. "But it isn't your fault," she hurried to add. Stel just knew her Pa wouldn't hold such a thing against Seri, but it did explain a part of what had separated them until now, perhaps. "So don't let somethin' that keep you away, promise?" Her tail waved hopefully, and she raised an eyebrow.

She didn't need a vow that he'd make a pilgrimage up the mountain, but she wanted to know there was no awkwardness or trepidation keeping her newfound kin at a distance. Stella would be very glad if he were to visit, as she hoped the rest of her family would be as well. How good would it be to get to meet their other siblings and catch up more, even if things were, as he put it, kinda a doozy. Belatedly, she realized how silly it had been to fear going home herself, but it was far easier for her to offer forgiveness than to believe she would be forgiven for her long absence.
(This post was last modified: Sep 20, 2022, 11:49 PM by Stella.)
Played by Tasha who has 124 posts.
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Seri Donata
And so I tell myself that I'll be strong
Seri Donata
and dreaming when they're gone

She hoped so! He took it to heart because she knew better about her homeland than he did, regardless of who his father was. He had not been raised on the mountain like she had. “It has been… we’ve been lucky that the Falls have had water, so it’s not too far a journey, but the Backwater is all dried up, all the way down to the riverbed.” He admitted with a frown on his features, a hint of sadness and fear in his voice. He had joined because his mother had abandoned him during such a horrible time.

She apologized and he shook his head. “It was my mom’s fault… she wanted me all to herself for whatever reason…” And now she didn’t want him at all… to say it stung was an understatement, but that was neither here nor there and none of Stella’s concern. She wasn’t his therapist, she was his sister.

His tail waved slowly from side to side in a friendly wag, a smile falling on his features as he nodded. “I promise. I gotta figure out when I can go, but I will be visiting you all.” He offered, even daring to move forward and give her a gentle nuzzle of goodbye, a display of familial affection because she was his sister. He’d never had siblings before, but he realized now that he could… and he could have a whole family. “You have a safe trip back home!” He offered before they would part ways, him to the Backwater, and her to the Cove.

[Image: zHxmDjA.png]