(See All?) Announcements
404 Users Online
Nadine, Google, Bing, Miriam, Apollo

You Consume My Thoughts — Bramble Falls 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by PuppyThief who has 110 posts.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Vasco Halex

The grass was golden-brown, crunching under his paws with every step. Above his head, the treetops rustled in the breeze, even the coniferous trees looked dry, their needles brown at the tips and dropping at the slightest touch. A few days of rain had barely soaked the topsoil, doing little to properly heal the land – especially when more dry weeks followed.

Despite its name, Dead Empress Backwater too was dry as a dessert, hardly any trace left of the shored that had driven the young Valle’s to settle there. The packs members were once again forced to trek along the creek-bed, all the way to the mountainside, to simply still their thirst. At this point they might as well move there permanently.

Thus were the thoughts of Vasco Halex as he made the journey this afternoon, his joints aching from the walk. Despite having regained his full strength and weight after his ordeal a year ago, the pale man found that the drought was starting to affect him more than his younger pack mates, harkening back to those horrible days of wandering alone; But this time, at least I have my family…

He sighed, clearing the last trees to look upon the falls – more of a trickle now, but still a welcome sight. Much as everyone else, he longed for the drought to be over and no longer need to make these trips, but for now he would attempt to enjoy the experience, tail swaying softly as he walked to the water’s edge, lowering his head.

Thoughts ”Speech”

(This post was last modified: Sep 01, 2022, 11:23 PM by Vasco.)
Played by Ghost who has 613 posts.
Dead Empress Backwater I. Leader
Viorel Valle

Viorel had been making his semi-regular trek up to the falls when he had crossed his father’s scent trail. He had not hurried his paws any, not especially in the mood for company at first given how long it took to reach Bramble Falls. There was a lot on the young leaders mind as the day was approaching rapidly that his mate and his cousin would be taking their leave to search for other water sources as the Lore continued to dry and to reach her family.

He knew why she wanted to go, she had so much extended family out there and given how widespread the drought was she was worried. Realistically he knew that. There was just a sick, twisting in his gut every time he allowed himself to wonder, what if she didn’t come back? What if Eros’ angered words were too and everyone was just going to keep leaving him one by one and it was his fault everytime?

He was so wrapped up in this cycle of self-doubt, guilt, and spiraling that he didn't even realize he had reached the falls. He was so distracted in fact that his eyes glazed right over his father until the sound of the trickling water brought him back to attention. Blinking in surprise, Viorel took a step backwards, then thought better of it and moved forward to take a drink.

[Image: s38i5ZS.png]
Played by PuppyThief who has 110 posts.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Vasco Halex

The sweet relief of water filled his throat, drowning the fire that was thirst and bringing fresh energy with every drop. Those who’d never gone thirsty might dismiss the power of hydration, but not Vasco, even before the draught he’d known the draining power of thirst.

Lifting his head, he was surprised to spot movement amongst the trees, having been too consumed by the water to notice any noise.  There was something tentative in the shadow’s movements, uncertain, making the pale wolf stay still, waiting for the stranger to reveal himself. And when he did, Vasco’s brows lifted, eyes narrowing as he watched his son approach the water silently. There was no way he couldn’t have seen his father there already, and yet he made no move to greet or address him; What’s up…?

Frowning, Vasco let his son drink his fill before speaking, his voice soft; “I’m sure we’ll get rain soon.” Even if he wasn’t sure what exactly was on Viorel’s mind at that moment, it was a safe bet that the draught had a part in his worries. And while there was no real reason for optimism, his father thought it the best option, at least for an icebreaker.

Thoughts ”Speech”

(This post was last modified: Sep 01, 2022, 11:23 PM by Vasco.)
Played by Ghost who has 613 posts.
Dead Empress Backwater I. Leader
Viorel Valle
Just a note this is a few days before Vanadis and Vayko leave, and Inger has not been murdered yet :)

The leader drank his fill, and maybe a little bit extra, trying to prolong the silence. He knew that his father would address him and the Valle man did not know how much small talk he had in him. When he could drink no more the dark wolf let out a small sigh and lifted his head, and at the words gave a tight lipped smile and a small nod. Yellow eyes looked up towards the browning evergreens, unconvinced that rain would be coming anytime soon.

If it was anyone else Viorel probably would have put on a strong face, but his father was quickly becoming a strong support system for the young wolf. A year ago they had been fighting about their relationship, and now they had come so far. Without looking back down he blurted out, ”I regret telling Vanadis and Vayko that they can go on their trip.” He felt guilty the moment he said it, but at least it was honest.

What kind of mate did that make him? What kind of leader? Or, even worse, what kind of wolf would be that selfish? He couldn’t meet his father’s eye, he was too ashamed.

[Image: s38i5ZS.png]