479 Users Online
Bing, Google

it was tangible truth for a youth who refused to belong — Shroud of the Lost 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by becca who has 162 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Loach

Plans.

You gotta lotta plans, Miss...? Two questions in one, if she was listening closely. They hadn't exchanged names yet over their shared concern about the continuously bobbing thing. He also figured that if there was a chance of running into her again, it would be better to have something to actually call her.

He couldn't help but wonder if she was worth inviting back to the split. Could she fish? Would she get along with Llinnea or vice versa? Would she even want to accept such an invite from a stranger she had just met?

He'd hold the idea in his back pocket for now.

Played by Winter who has 55 posts.
Inactive VII. Subordinate
Lantana Luque
warning: some profanity

"Plans? Hardly," her laugh was open, less a cover for things she didn't want to talk about this time. She had no problem admitting she was a wanderer, with no great ambitions or strong ties. There was one thing she'd been asked to do of course, back when she left home, but she hadn't thought of it much since. And going back home? Oh hell no.

"Lantana, but Lana's fine too," she provided her name hoping to learn his as well. Lana hadn't ever caught the last bitch's name, so she couldn't ask if that was who he was hanging around with, but somehow she didn't think so. Who could stand to be around someone like that? And she'd like to have someone at her back if she ran into her or anyone else that crazy again. May if they hunted together, it would take more than one puffed-up bully to push them off turf or meals. But throwing all her chips in too early wasn't her style.

"I'm just going to try and make the most of my time here," she looked from him back upwards. "Even if these aren't the sights I thought I'd see."
(This post was last modified: Jan 13, 2023, 11:05 PM by Lantana. Edit Reason: ooc )
Currently traveling with Loach, Llinnea, Clouse and Claw.
Played by becca who has 162 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Loach

He snorted softly, amused by her declaration. Endeared that somebody such as her would have such a...formal name. Where had she come from? Not his business. Just like it hadn't been with Llinnea.

Well, Miss Lana, it's Loach. A soft tip of his head. The nicest thing she'd ever get out of him, truthfully. Not that he had any plans to be mean to her but...he could use some work around his rough edges.

You're welcome to come down to Fisher's Split, ain't far from here. Holding up there for now until we're well fed enough to meander again. One other there, but she's a cubbin', too young to be much worry 'bout for anyone 'cept me. Now he had shown his cards and it would be entirely up to her if she proceeded with him, or they left here.

Either way, he knew he should be heading back soon. Before Llinnea started to worry, or this shiny thing got loose again.

Played by Winter who has 55 posts.
Inactive VII. Subordinate
Lantana Luque
Did her name amuse him, or was that just his way of response when he didn't know what to say? She let it pass, slightly amused by his own name. Loach, wasn't that a sort of fish? She supposed it was no stranger than being named for a flower.

Lana gave a tip of her own head as slightly belated introductions were exchanged and an invitation given. She thought about what he'd said for a moment.

"Maybe I will," she would not bind herself with a promise, not yet. But it was something to consider. Life was, after all a numbers game. She wondered if he were just trying to get some help looking after the kid he mentioned, it couldn't be easy providing for another alone like that. But then again, they'd made it this far. And she was getting quite tired of the boredom and solitude, combined with being at the mercy of everything around her. Yes, it was something to consider.
Currently traveling with Loach, Llinnea, Clouse and Claw.