(See All?) Announcements
551 Users Online
Google, Khalon, Bing

Can't catch a break in the weather — Sanguine Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 617 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski
Oksana couldn't believe her eyes at the scene which had unfolded before her. She'd never seen anything like it in her life. The number of Caribou that lay dead across the pass felt like a whole herd of them had just disappeared from the lore. She didn't understand how it had happened. Perhaps it was a gift from the ancestors to help them through this tough winter. Perhaps it was something else. Whatever it was she felt that they needed to take advantage of it.

This did not help to take her mind off of her missing children. She was more worried about them now than she had been. Before she knew they were well equipped to be on their own. After all she'd been teaching them to survive since they were very little. It was the cold that made her fear for their lives. It made her worry that they might not return, that they could end up like these Caribou.

Nash spoke and as he did she moved to his side to offer her support in the words that he offered those that had gathered. When he looked at her she knew that he wanted to know if she had anything to say. "We must do everything we can to find the children and take care of our elders. These Caribou van offer us food and warmth that I think we need to take advantage of. We don't have room for all of them but we can take a few back to the others. Their hides can be used to line the dens. What we can't get from the ones we bring back we can come back to get it if need be." [/b)

As much as she wanted to plead with everyone to find her children Oksana had to separate herself from it. She had a whole pack to worry about and in that moment it had to be her biggest concern.

{B}"I know it's a lot of work that I'm asking of you all but the reward will he worth it."
She hoped those words might encourage them.
Please see Sharlee's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 379 posts.
Deceased
Woya Macieo
The sounds of others appearing could be heard, causing Woya's ears to turn and sway along to each step. When Moonshadow's scent entered her awareness, she looked over her shoulder to spot the woman and gave her a smile before slipping through the others to come to the other's side. She leaned her shoulder into Shadow's, hoping to be a reassuring presence. Woya no longer held romantic feelings for anyone but Adelard, even in his absence, but the other wolf's friendship was still special to her.

When their leaders began to speak, she looked to them and listened. They asked nothing unexpected, and Woya had nothing to add to the situation. Unless any of her children needed her, she would stick close to Moonshadow and carry her weight's share of Caribou back home.
[Image: X2QzmxY.png]
Played by Tasha who has 349 posts.
Sanguine Cove III. Shaman
Aquene Slayer

Her concern would linger as she remained silent, worried eyes glancing between her husband and Oksana as she insisted that they would find the children and take care of the elders. Her worries then drifted to Moonshadow. The Matriarch was a staple to the pack, and Aquene would not see anything happen to her. “I shall go out on a search to look for the children… the younger can bring the caribou back.” She offered up.

She was the most apt to feeling signs of hypothermia or other. She would look to Nash, waiting to see if he might accompany her, and then to Woya for the same but should neither chose to, she would go on her own… just for a quick search. “You never have to ask, Sana… we’re a family here, and we’ll do everything we can.”

Aquene Slayer
[Image: jNJyCis.png]
Played by Grae who has 891 posts.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall
I think I need help, cuz I'm drowning in myself

Silver gaze looked upon the grizzly sight with despair before being led away by movement in her peripheral. Woya’s creamy white frame wove between the others that gathered. She made her way to Moon’s side leaning her shoulder in. The darker woman returned the small smile, it wasn’t as warm as usual as grief and worry clouded her mind. The Eastfall woman was grateful for the friendship she had developed with yet another Macieo woman. Though the beginning of her and Woya’s was unconventional and the nature of it no longer the same, she cherished it nonetheless.

The bite of the wind caused a shiver down the inky woman’s spine. Or maybe it was the grizzly sight of the frozen herd, Moonshadow wasn’t sure. What she was sure of was the wave of guilt that washed over her as her son proclaimed they must not only look out for their young but also their elderly. That was her…she was the elderly since Kajika had disappeared. Her silver dusted ears fell against her head as it lowered slightly. She never wanted to be a burden on her family. She was supposed to take care of them, not the other way around. So, despite her limbs not wanting to work as well as they used to, she would pull her weight. Her daughter-in-law offered to go look for the children, her mercury gazefell to Nash’s form expecting him to go with her. The weather was unforgiving on the mountain and no one should face it alone. Moon would offer to go with but her eyesight isn’t what it once was and she didn’t trust herself on the cliffs as she once did. That left dragging the caribou back. It would exhaust her but she didn’t care. She wouldn’t be a burden.

Word Count: 300
[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Played by Flywolf who has 607 posts.
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall

The pack assembled and launched into action, smoothy falling into order and taking their different roles. Nash watched proudly as his family acted, nodding at each suggestion and humming his agreement with Oksana's orders, and then again with his wife's words. They were all family. Nash had never felt otherwise, even with multiple litters. They may not be his blood, but they were as good as his nieces and nephews. He had no desire to replace Aleister as their father, but if that was the position he had to take for them then he would, so long as his dear friend remained in their minds.

"I have complete faith in everyone," he said. "Never hesitate to ask for help if you need it; more paws make easier work, and we're all here to support each other. Stay safe." He surveyed his pack one more time before gripping a caribou and beginning the long, difficult haul back to the dens.