(See All?) Announcements
613 Users Online
Google, Bing

Are you in the sky? — Sanguine Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 16 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Star Vuesain
The silver girl found herself wandering through the trees of the cove. She wanted to be away from everyone for a little while. It was strange not going to see her dad anymore. They used to go all the time but mom said that he'd died. She didn't really understand what that meant just that he wasn't there to visit anymore. She also knew that everyone was sad. Star was sad too cause she missed her dad very much.

She kicked a stick with her paw absent-mindedly when she came to it. She'd had so many questions about what had happened and usually she woukd ask. This time she didn't want to make her mom even sadder. The questions remained nut she didn't know who to talk to about it. The silver girl sat down at the base of the tree looking up at the sky wondering where her dad was now.
Played by Grae who has 889 posts.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall
I think I need help, cuz I'm drowning in myself

<3

Moonshadow was doing her rounds checking on the children. Sometimes she simply observed them for a while to make sure they weren't getting into trouble. Other times she interacted with them, either playing with them or helping them on their adventure, and sometimes keeping them from being reckless. Today she happened upon little Star, simply sitting and looking to the sky. The silver girl looked much like her namesake and tugged at Moon's heart every time she saw her. Namid would've been so proud.

"Hello love" Moon called out as she came to the girl's side. She lowered her haunches slowly so that she sat next to the small pup. She gave her a warm smile as she did so, before looking up at the sky where she was looking. She wanted to check in a little extra with each Vuesain child, see how they were coping with their tragic loss.

Word Count: 151
(This post was last modified: Jan 09, 2023, 10:25 PM by Moonshadow.)
[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Inactive No Rank
Star Vuesain
She missed him so much even though the whole time she'd known her father he'd been getting better. That was what her mom had called it but he hadn't gotten better. Star didn't understand why he was now gone if he was getting better. Her mother hadn't really said where her dad was or rather where he went. Maybe he was up in the sky where he could look down on them and watch over them. If he was it just wasn't fair that he could see them but they couldn't see him.

The small pup turned her head when she heard someone approaching. It was her grandma Moon amd it occurred to her that maybe she could ask her all the questions she had. Then she could get her answers and not upset her mom. "Hi grandma Moon," she greeted the older woman. She looked back at the sky for a ment before looking back at Moonshadow, "I was just thinking about my dad," she admitted.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

The elder female's banner waved easily with love as the small child greeted her. The Vuesain children weren't biologically hers but she loved them as if they were. Silver orbs looked down to the small girl who looked so much like her namesake. The cove queen was missed dearly by those she left behind. She had been joined by her son who was just as missed. So Moonshadow wasn't surprised to see little Star looking to the vast blue sky and explained that she was thinking of her father. A small sigh fell from her silver phased maw before she responded. "I think 'bout him a lot too." She responded, letting the pup know she wasn't alone in her thoughts. Losing a parent in that manner at such a young age wasnt easy and the aging woman wished she could have shielded them all from this immense loss, this aching pain that would only dull, never disappearing completely.

Word Count: 158
[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Inactive No Rank
Star Vuesain
Thinking about her dad and that he wasn't with them anymore made Star sad. She wondered what their life would be like without him. Already she didn't like that she couldn't see him whenever she wanted. She didn't even have any idea about all the things she'd miss that her father would have taught her. All she knew was that it hurt very much that he couldn't be with them.

The little Vuesain was glad that Moonshadow had come to sit with her. Hearing that she thought about dad too made her feel a little better. "What kinds of things do you think about?" She asked the older woman looking up to meet her eyes.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

A small smile cracked on her speckled maw as she thought of an answer. What did she think about? She couldn't very well tell the silver girl of guilt that she carried around, so she opted to tell her about thew happy memories instead. "Well love, I think 'bout all the good times. "Bout all the fun 'n laughs." The grandmother explained with a warm smile. Mercury pools met changing dual-colored pools as the grandmother watched the girl process. The elder woman hoped that it helped, even if was just a little bit. "Rememberin' the happy times helps us get through the sad times. But it is still okay to feel sad 'bout it from time to time. It means that we cared 'bout who we lost. It's always important to remember that just cuz we can't see 'em, doesn't mean they aren't with us." A gentle kiss was placed on the pup's crown in sad affection. She truly wished that none of them had to go through this and that because they have, that she could erase their pain.

Word Count: 180
Inactive No Rank
Star Vuesain
Maybe hearing what grandma Moonshadow thought about would help her to know what to think about.
Star just felt like she didn't know how to do this. How to lose someone so important. Was she going to be sad for the rest of her life cause her dad wad gone. Then Moonshadow spoke up talking about remembering the good stuff. For a moment Star was quiet, thinking about what the older woman had said.

Moonshadow went on to explain a little more of what she meant. "Will I ever feel less sad?" She asked needing thos question to be answered. "I hope Daddy's with me. I don't ever want to forget him. I can remember the good times though." Maybe that would keep him alive for her. Maybe that was how he coukd always be with her. Star leaned against Moonshadow, "I'm glad your my grandma," she told the others woman.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

The wheels were turning within the child's mind as she thought about the wisdom. A much-expected question followed, one that almost everyone who's lost someone asks. "Yes, the sadness will lessen love." The elderly Eastfall answered honestly, though chose to omit the fact that it would never go away. Had she been older, Moon may have added it, but she felt it wasn't needed in this conversation. As little Star leaned in, Moonshadow tucked her in further. "He always will be love." She responded gently and reassuringly. She knew Al would always watch over his children and that Namid also was watching them. The next statement caught her off guard and warmed her to the core. "I'm glad you're my grandma." Mercury orbs misted as another kiss was placed upon the girl's crown. "I am too love, 'n I'll always be there for ya as well." This life had taken many things from the inky woman, but had given her so much more in the form of all her children and grandchildren, blood and adopted alike.

Word Count: 176
Inactive No Rank
Star Vuesain
It hurt so much to lose her dad in the way that she had. There wasn't a lot that she understood about it all but she did understand the pain and that it just kept hurting even days after. She looked up at Moonshadow as the older woman explained that the pain would lessen. Star smiled sadly. "Do you think my dad is sad too?" She asked wondering if her father was just as sad as she was that he couldn't be there for her and her siblings. She smiled at the sentiment that Her grandmother shared with her. "I'm glad that he will be." Maybe with that knowledge he won't feel so far away anymore. Star leaned her head against the dark fur of Moonshadows chest as she asked her next question. "I'll be here for you too Grandma," she said looking up at the woman, "Always amd always."
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

The silver girl's question was so innocent and could only come from the mind of a youth made the older woman smile but ponder for a moment. Do those who pass feel all the emotions they experienced here in this world or do they move on to a place where only happiness and joy and peace exist? She hoped for the latter. "I imagine yer daddy does miss ya, but I dont believe him to be sad. When we leave this world we go to another that is filled with warmth 'n joy. Where we get to be with the loved one's we leave behind until we are reunited with them. This other world is invisible to ours, allowing them to still be with us no matter what." The elderly Eastfall explained hoping this would give little Star a piece of mind and comfort whenever she was missing her father. Her heart hummed at the affection that was being given. Star is every bit as sweet as her namesake was. She would be there for all the members of the cove, but especially for the children. She loved each and every one of them with all her heart.

Word Count: 198