(See All?) Announcements
654 Users Online
Google, Nori, Viorel, Bing, Archer

Today? What is Today? — Turtleback Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Nyan who has 186 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Siyet Crym
Siyet was enjoying the sunshine, feeling giddy. She still couldn't believe what had happened recently with Jethro. She couldn't help but feel a bright smile on her face emerge. She looked up to the sky, and enjoyed the beautiful clear air. She felt truly happy. She hadn't felt like this for a long time.

While sitting there she heard a squeak. She looked around to try and figure out what that squeak was until she saw a mouse. Curious that this mouse hadn't taken notice of her. She got low and started to slowly creep on the mouse. She didn't necessarily want to catch it, mostly just observe. After all, today was a good day and she didn't want to end the life of another if she didn't have to.
Played by PuppyThief who has 364 posts.
Paradise Falls V. Subordinate
Flair Smoke-Athesila

Maybe there would be a day when a clear sky didn’t spur a sinking feeling in the pit of her stomach, but today was not that day. They’d had a good deal of rain over the recent weeks, but it still wasn’t enough to make up for the summer’s lack – Turtleback Lake might be mostly back to full size, but the earth still felt dry, and autumn had yet to really set in.

Wanting to feel mud under her paws, Flair was patrolling along the lakeshore when she spotted pale fur among the fresh grass. Thinking it might be one of the pups, the fiery woman drifted from her route to have a closer look, just to make sure all was well.

However, as she came closer, she realized the figure, despite the small stature was an adult, though not a stranger. If it hadn’t been for the fact that she’d come up on the other shewolf from upwind, Flair would have seriously considered turning back. As it were, she was within just a few leaps of the creamy woman, and there was no way she hadn’t noticed, leaving without saying anything would be rude; Not that that’s bothered me in the past… But times had changed, and since they were practically pack mates, there was no way around it. Clearing her throat, somewhat awkwardly, she called out a simple: “Hey Siyet.” Then waited to see how her greeting might be received.

”Speech" Thoughts
(This post was last modified: Sep 14, 2022, 01:46 AM by Flair.)
Inactive No Rank
Siyet Crym
As Siyet pursued the mouse she heard to some footsteps nearby and turned her attention toward them, not on guard at all. She felt pretty safe here. It was a nice little area, and some of the people she had come to meet had definitely been nice, so she wasn't worried.

She heard the voice call out to her, and it was a familiar one at that. Hopefully her mouse hunting hadn't been seen, she would be a little embarrased if it was. She perked up making herself easier to see and replied back, "Oh hello there Flair, didn't expect to see you out here."

She started to walk over towards the other woman, hoping that there wasn't anything wrong and asked just that, "Is everything okay?"
Flair Smoke-Athesila

Whatever the pale woman had been doing seemed easily abandoned, her attention turning to Flair as she answered the greeting. Her cheerful earnestness was like a splash of cold water against the older shewolf’s iron façade, a stark reminder that every conversation didn’t have to start from a place of reluctant need – especially here, where she was supposedly among friends.

And yet, she had no idea how to answer; Guess I didn’t expect to see me out here either… It was high time she changed that. So, mustering a hint of a smile and a light sway of her tail, she replied: “Yeah everything’s… fine.” She gave a light shrug, hoping to dispel any worry she might have caused. “I was just wonderin’ what y’ were up to.” It was the best she could think of, hopefully it didn’t seem too weird.

”Speech" Thoughts
Inactive No Rank
Siyet Crym
Flair told Siyet that she was fine, and Siyel was glad about that. She was a little worried since she had never really been approached by Flair before, so this was comforting. Flair had asked Siyet what she was up to and Siyet was a little embarrassed to admit what it was she was doing. Mouse observing was probably not something that many others did.

" Well, I was uhm..stalking a mouse. I wanted to watch it and see what it was doing." She chuckled to herself a little and kicked one of her feet around out of embarrassment. She hoped the other woman wouldn't judge her too much with what it was she was doing.
Flair Smoke-Athesila

Despite her attempt at friendliness, it would seem her awkwardness was apparent enough to rub off on the younger woman. At least, that’s what she thought at first, until Siyet admitted what she’d been doing before the russet woman interrupted.

“Oh,” Flair couldn’t keep her brows from lifting in surprise, tail stilling for a moment; “that’s… Interesting.” It really wasn’t, at least, not in her opinion – stalking mice was how pups first learned the skill, but wolves Siyet’s age had normally moved on to proper prey – however, she didn’t want to offend the other; To each their own… If watching critters go about their daily business could bring her some joy, then who was Flair to judge? Still, she had to pause for a moment to think of something else to say, as well as keep her lip from quivering with suppressed laughter. Finally, she asked: “So… how d’ y’ like it here?”

”Speech" Thoughts
Inactive No Rank
Siyet Crym
Siyet could tell by the other woman's words that what she was doing was definitely odd. She felt deeply embarrassed and childish. She was mostly chasing the mouse out of boredom, and wasn't necessarily trying to gain anything from it. Flair asked Siyet about her opinions of this place and Siyet smiled and said,

"Its definitely different from where I grew up, as well as where Jethro and I came from, but I think it is a lovely place."

She directed her attention to Flair and asked her,

"What about you? What do you think?"
Flair Smoke-Athesila

Despite her advancing years, Flair had never truly felt old before. Looking at Siyet’s expression now though, part of her couldn’t help but feel like a grumpy grandma, spoiling the younger woman’s fun. When had she last done anything just for the enjoyment? She couldn’t remember; Even before…

Luckily, Siyet didn’t seem to take her judgement to heart, answering her question with what appeared to be a genuine smile. Flair’s tail gave a light wag in response, the natural tension in her shoulders relaxing a little. “Y’ mean th’ mountain?” she asked, “Or somewhere in between?” Most of the Vale of Secrets was still unfamiliar to Flair, but Jethro and his partner would have travelled through it after leaving the Cove; Has to be more than just woods… Casting a glance around, at the wide water of the lake and the giant sequoia’s towering all around it, Flair smiled softly her tail giving another swish. “There’s nowhere quite like this,” Was her answer to the pale lady; “It’s… Nice.”

”Speech" Thoughts
Inactive No Rank
Siyet Crym
Thinking about the new area she was getting accustomed to, Siyet thought as to how she should answer Flair. Flair was definitely right, it was a pretty unique location. But she also was asked about the mountain.

"Well, I mean, where I come from there is snow as far as the eye can see. Other animals that you can believe. Even the trees are very different than here, if you can find them. But.... the scenery here is much more appealing to the eyes."

With this she hoped to paint a picture to Flair. This place was blessed compared to some of the options out there. For this, Siyet was thankful.

She had completely forgotten about the mouse. She had her thoughts somewhere else, about home, the future of this place, and how well she would be able to get along with the others considering how different she was.