(See All?) Announcements
556 Users Online
Bing, Google

cold welcome — Pastel Highlands 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Molo who has 70 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Artyom
The other simply moved past him as Arty stuck his nose in to take a look around. Underneath the lowest branches of the tree, the snow was thinner, one would be protected, at least to an extent, from the elements..such as wind or falling snow, yeah. This was a good idea.

It also appeared Clouse had created or left an indent in the snow, where he’d been resting. Which he, again, very generously expanded to allow Artyom a bit more room to settle in. Tentatively, he did just that while the other offered up more banter. Arty smiled wryly and settled opposite his company for the night, mirroring his posture so that he could still see the sky above and beyond the tree.

”And what is it you’re getting out of this?” Artyom inquired in return, only half serious. ”Cause it seems to me you’re doing most of the giving so far - and you weren’t wrong, this really is perfect.”

Warm, cozy, comfortable. With a pristine view of the light-show above. Why hadn’t he thought of it?
Played by Cade who has 144 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Clouse Charity Archer
Clouse tucked his forelimbs against his dark chest, silver gaze following a particularly vibrant ribbon of purple as it danced. Warm, safe, and perfectly content. It didn't take long for him to begin to feel the heat that radiated from his company, a constant reminder of the other's presence even if his voice hadn't continued to mingle with the winter air. These were the calm, simplistic moments that balanced him in his dogged pursuit of novel experiences.

His answer came easily. In a different situation he might have refrained, worried about offending, but Artyom hadn't balked at the jest about nibbles and so Clouse dared.

"Only thing that tops watching a gorgeous aurora is bein' able to share it with someone just as stunning to look at."

The Archer turned slightly, silver eyes jumping to meet Artyom's depthless blue. It didn't have to mean anything, but that wasn't to say it couldn't.
Inactive No Rank
Artyom
The snow and the lowest branches of the tree alone would’ve provided decent enough insulation and protection against the almost unusually cold winter air. But having someone else in the confines of this relatively small space to help warm it up? That was even better. A blessing.

A windfall, as Clouse had termed it earlier. And the other wasn’t done yet. His reply to the inquiry came quickly, with the same tune. Someone just as stunning, he stated, innoccently enough. It brought Arty’s gaze towards him, as the other had, unbeknownst to him, sought. And he let a wry grin tug at the corners of his mouth.

For perhaps the first time he really noticed the atypical silvery grey sort of color of Clouse’s eyes. Fair, Artyom conceded almost coyly with a little nod, ”I suppose I could do worse, too. Those eyes.. never seen a color quite like that. Suits you nicely,” he offered, the first part in jest, while the observation was certainly genuine. And mostly innocent.

There was nothing wrong with complimenting someone else, and there didn’t always have to be a motive for it.
Inactive No Rank
Clouse Charity Archer
Clouse's tail thumped against the needle-and-ice mixture that was the ground, smile growing toothy as Artyom joined in the game rather than stifle it. Every now and then his gaze might return to the sky, but he'd been watching that for a while before his impromptu companion had come along. As long as the other remained good-natured, he would be far more interesting to the young Archer.

At the mention of his full-moon eyes, Clouse laughed out a pleased "yeah?" and waggled his wolfish brows playfully as though to emphasize that complimented feature. A dark paw reached out to push amiably at one of Artyom's tawny shoulders.

"Y'mean I'm not too rugged for you?" he further joked, his unmarred and small frame clearly not befitting such a description. He'd been teased plenty about his size as a child among other things, to the point that it had ceased bothering him at all. Now those insecurities that had once been fed upon no longer existed and he could poke fun at himself on his own terms with confidence.

we can end whenever/however you'd like, my guy would be content to flirt the night away ^^
(This post was last modified: Feb 25, 2023, 09:11 PM by Clouse.)
Inactive No Rank
Artyom
Yeah? The other questioned through apparent amusement, earning a chuckle and a lazy little bite at the dark limb sent his way. Arty’s chuckle morphed into a full on laugh with the second inquiry, though through it he manage to squint and leaned forth as if to study the other closely, gaze drawing over Clouse from nose to tail tip.

”Well.. you are cutting it close, but I think you’ll suffice,” he returned, though it was obvious the exact opposite was what Artyom really thought. The dark wolf was perhaps a tad undersized, but he appeared almost entirely unmarred and certainly was a handsome fellow because of it.

”I appreciate beauty as much as anyone - and you’re not lacking, my friend,” Arty offered with a smile, before continuing on in a slightly more serious fashion, ”but looks aren’t everything. Not to me, anyway.” He’d let Clouse interpret that however he chose, if he desired to read anything into it at all.

--im good w/ending here an assuming they converse/casually banter the night away (:
Inactive No Rank
Clouse Charity Archer
Clouse snorted softly with humor, not the least bit self-conscious at the other's perusal. After the compliment, however, the conversation took a slight turn that he wasn't quite sure he wanted to follow. Wasn't that usually the kind of talk that lead to gossiping about dreams and desires, an 'ideal match' and that moment when you lost all independence? Artyom likely hadn't meant it as such, but it was a particular risk Clouse was not in the mood to take. He'd rather stick with the topics on which he actually had something to say.

"That's the beauty of this, isn't it?" Clouse asked, "most we have to argue about is which color is best up there."

There wouldn't be more for them. No matter how many hours and words passed between, he would eventually fall asleep, and when he woke rested the goodbye would be effortless. Depth didn't matter in meetings like this, especially when you kept yourself expectation-free.
(This post was last modified: Mar 02, 2023, 05:14 AM by Clouse.)