(See All?) Announcements
231 Users Online
Bing, Google

rebellion to my vision, cause some division — Dead Empress Backwater 
Print · · Subscribe · 1 Loves ·
Played by becca who has 202 posts.
Paradise Falls VII. Guardian
Isla Valle

This was what she had wanted! Yet nobody had seemed it fit to give it to her until now. Not that she had...really known until now either. Regardless.

He'll like that I'm learning. She said with a certainty and a nod. Although still she briefly deferred to her uncle. As much fun as it would have been to terrorize him, too, it would prove useless. He was no good without this knowledge! So she could be good for now and learn what she wished.

What is the first thing I should learn?

It would be rare that she was ever so eager for a lesson! However she figured the sooner she learned, the sooner she'd understand how to force this hierarchy.

Played by Melorama who has 100 posts.
Dead Empress Backwater IV. Advisor
Rochus Ward
If she was satisfied with his plan to keep Viorel happy, then it was settled. She would know her father on a more intimate level than Rochus ever could, so he could trust that his reasoning would keep the wolf from wanting to ask further questions. However, he wasn't expecting her to want a lesson that very moment, fully expecting her to run off gleefully and do something that a child would. He could respect the eagerness in her question though. That willingness to learn couldn't be taught -  it was an instinct, a drive one was born with, or born without.

"Never turn your back," he said without any pause. It was one of the first things he had learned, and its value was immeasurable. "Whether it be physically in a fight, or figuratively in who you interact with. Some wolves fight dirty and will wait for you to be vulnerable. Never give them the opportunity to betray you, as you can never truly trust someone who isn't you." Everyone had their own agenda, their own desires and views, and the sooner Isla learned that anyone could turn on her when they changed their mind, the better off she would be.

"If you turn a blind eye to someone you could end up with your throat in their jaws when they decide it's time for a regime change. But that doesn't mean you can't take advantage of the trust they put in you." If he knew he could win, Rochus could be a ruthless bastard. "Always assume everyone is plotting something, and that you may not be a part of it."
Isla Valle

Well, the first lesson flipped this whole thing, didn't it?

How could he tell her all this and expect her to not question him? Which she planned to just do! So you know I'm gonna watch you too, right? She smirked some, a brow raised sharply. She wondered if this was part of the lesson too! Regardless she felt proud of herself for turning the tables back and offering him this.

Now she just needed confirmation, or denial that she would take as a lie. Just because she had allowed him to teach her something did not mean she would be the most suddenly obedient, attentive student on the planet!

Rochus Ward
"I wouldn't expect any less of you." He said simply, tone purposefully even and without any inflections. Thankfully it seemed at least one of Viorel's children had some brains. Her ability to quickly push back with a relevant question showed she had some form of intelligence. He could use that.

Rochus then raised a brow of his own at her. "You didn't think I was going to teach you all this just for your own sake, did you?" He had his own plans, ones she would not be privy to. At least for the foreseeable future. Revealing his own true intentions was dangerous, and could get him in trouble if she decided she wanted to blab to someone else.
Isla Valle

Called it.

She did not need any praise when she felt proud of herself as it would be. Besides, now she had some sliver of truth from him. That this wasn't all about her. It should have been, but what could be expected? It hardly ever was.

So what do you want me to do then? For you. It would never, ever be for him. It would be for herself time and time again. She had just decided that it was worth some kind of exchange to keep up this knowledge and teaching. It had already proved to be far more interesting than anything else she had learned so far anyway.

Rochus Ward
She seemed satisfied with his answer, not that he would have particularly cared if she wasn't. Her personal feelings were not of importance to him, and any problem she had was for her to deal with. He had very little time for fixing problems that weren't his own, unless there was something he could gain out of it.

"Put in a good word for me to your father." That's what this was all really about after all, getting into the good graces of Viorel via his children. That way he could be assured a safe space to stay in as he became older, and maybe even influence certain decisions that would benefit him. Time was catching up with him, and being the head of a pack was likely no longer a choice for him. That was a sad reality he just had to face.

Rochus then rolled his shoulders in a small stretch. "But that's enough for one lesson," he said with a tone of finality, hoping she would understand that no amount of pleading would get him to change his mind. Hunger was beginning to gnaw at his stomach, and he fancied himself a small nap away from the unending questions of the youngsters. "Come find me again when you're ready for the next one." It was a dismissal, but he stayed in his sitting position, allowing her the chance to leave first to satisfy whatever superiority she likely felt over him considering she was a daughter of the current sole leader.
Isla Valle

Easy-peasy. She felt that could be done to easily secure their future lessons together. Regardless it seemed their time had come to an end, so she stood back up. Briefly stretched with a yawn before her head nodded. Mmmkay. Yet the soft sway of her tail behind her betrayed her nonchalant response.

This would probably be the easiest interaction she had (or would) ever given anyone before.

Rochus Ward
Feeling relieved that she seemed to have no intention of arguing with him, Rochus dipped his head toward her before grunting as he lifted himself to his feet. "Till our next meeting." And with that simple goodbye he began heading away from Isla, licking his lips at the thought of snagging a meal from one of the food caches before settling in for a nap somewhere hidden. He had a lot to think about now, and even future lessons to plan for Isla, but first he had his own needs to take care of.

FADE