(See All?) Announcements
606 Users Online
Bing, Google, Sage

only the gods would know — Willow Ridge 
Print · · Subscribe · 1 Loves ·
Played by Vami who has 66 posts.
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Rashina Archer
It had been quite a trial even further still, to find the Archer's home even after coming to the Lore. A trial she had not expected. After all, she had thought the Archers to still have reigned supreme in these lands, as was told. Though she had met others that knew not their name and so, her search went on.

Months had passed. Now, she had been led to this place (keeping this vague) and with scents that were mostly unfamiliar to her. Still, the smell of something slightly known tugged at her memories, lost between the voices of the Gods which tangled into her mind.

Are they here? She asks the Gods allowed, though her visions are cloudy, nothing comes to her mind and silence she is given. She takes a few steps nearer and a few sniffs. She is near their borders, she is certain.

And so, she calls out. She does not know if simply being Archer will be enough. Her usually thin build is frighteningly more so, proving her inability to hunt for herself. She has no gifts to offer, no meal, herbs or trinkets. Blind, weak, it was uncertain if the priestess would be of any use at all.

Only the Gods would know.
(This post was last modified: Dec 02, 2022, 12:31 AM by Adonya.)
Played by Kai who has 345 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Avella Archer
As the children got bigger amd started exploring the Ridge on their own Avella went back to some of her old duties. Now that the pack had shrunk considerably there was a lot that she needed to do. She felt that she needed to pick up some of the slack so while her male companions did their jobs she decided to patrol the border.

It was a nice walk and gave her time to think and plan what was next for the Ridge. Winter was certainly coming which meant they would need to prepare for that. Especially since the pups were still growing and needed nourishment. She also needed to ensure that the three of them didn't wander off. Winter was a dangerous time and she worried something would happen to them.

Along the borders Avella heard the call which was faintly familiar. It certainly wasn't a voice she'd thought she'd ever hear in the lore. The Ridge matriarch hurried toward the source of the voice to welcome their visitor.

As she approached she saw the form of Rashina come into view. A wide smile crossed her maw. "Rashina welcome to Willow Ridge." She called out. Then as she came closer, "I'm so glad that you found us."
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Rashina Archer
Ah, there it was! The voice to the scent she thought she knew and apparently had! Her smile is wide and strong, despite her body weak. "Avella, it is good to hear your voice again." She listens as the large woman made way, her footfalls heavier than many others. She had the build of an Amazon, a warrior, like many other strong women before her.

"Is Scul with you too?" Her head lowers, sniffing the earth. Her tail then waving after. Yes, his scent was here as well! "This Willow Ridge, is it as you remember it?" Avella and Scully had been born to this land and was happy they had found their way home once more. The stories she had been told as she had grown, of Ravenna and Sven, of Elettra... they were fond tales. She hoped Avella had found all which she hoped for.

⋆。˚☽˚。⋆                                                              
"Moon Mother,
bring us your light, for the night is dark and full of terrors.
" 
Inactive No Rank
Avella Archer
It was a pleasant surprise to find Rashina at her borders. She hadn't any idea the young woman had found her way to the lore or left her father for that matter. The masked woman smiled at the younger woman, "And it's good to see you again too Rashina. Have you been well?" She asked after the girl. She knew the lore wasn't a forgiving place. Being alone out there could be really hard especially since they'd had the drought.

"Yes, Scully is here somewhere." She doubted Rashina would be surprised by that news considering she and Scully were usually together. "It is now but when Scully and I first returned it was very overgrown. It didn't look like we remembered but there was abhint of it there underneath it all." Avella thought back to when they'd first arrived in the Ridge after being away so long.
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Rashina Archer
"Well enough." She spoke with a weak smile, though it was obvious by her looks that her journey had not been an easy one. Her usually thin figure was ever more so, hip bones protruding. Her coat dirty and matted, unlike the usual perfume she wore, painted by herbs or fruits. Her paws ached, wounds scabbed left of dried blood. "I expected the journey to be a challenging one and I was not wrong." She knew, deep in her heart, had it not been for the help of the coywolves or of Wrynn, she would have never made it to these borders.

"I am glad it is coming together. You'll have to describe it to me..." Though she had been told of the place before, she would like to hear of it now, through Avella's eyes and view. "When father returned on mission, he did not return Clouse with him." She began her small tale. Clouse had always liked wondering off, breaking free, seeing the world, much as the vagabond father before him. Rashina obviously was not this sort, but the time seperated between only seemed to strengthen their love. It was obvious, Ra favored this sibling most. "I had a thought, maybe, he had come to find the Willow Ridge too."
                                                                                                   ⋆。˚☽˚。⋆                                                              
"Moon Mother,
" 
Inactive No Rank
Avella Archer
Avella had taken notice of her cousins appearance. Rashina was the worse for wear but it wasn't anything some time in the ridge wouldn't fix. "Soon enough you'll be back to your old self," she said smiling happy the girl had found them. The idea that she'd been out in the lore blind was ine that Avella couldn't quite wrap her head around. "The lore is not always an easy place to live. Some of the terrain can be treacherous." The Ridge matriarch knew all too well just how dangerous it could be.

Again Avella smiled, "I would like that and I hope that my description will do it justice." She really wanted Rashina to be able to see what she did when she looked at the Archer home. Thr beauty and potential of it. Concerned crossed the masked face as she heard the news of Clouse. "He's always been a handful," she stated thoughtfully. Unfortunately she didn't have any news to offer her cousin. "I'm afraid he hasn't come to the Ridge. Perhaps you should stay though?" She offered.
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Rashina Archer
"Ah, yes. I had to find a way through mountains to get here." She commented as Avella spoke about the terrian. It had been hard on her go get past Torbine's Wall as well and beyond the Badlands. No matter, she was here now, finally. In the open forest of willow trees, flowered clearings and creeks. She couldn't see it, but she could smell and feel the comfort around her already.

And though Ra was excited at the potential of listening to Avella speak of the world around her, a frown pressed on her mug with the knowledge that Clouse was not here. Perhaps instead he was visiting Morganna's former claims or even their mothers which should have even far north of here. Maybe, still, Clouse was in the Lore and just not yet here.

While Ra had enjoyed her stay in Torbine among the priestesses quite immensely (there she was praised for her seer abilities) she did not want to turn around and go back immediately. There was a number of reasons... she didn't want to feel a failure. She had not been around Avella or Scully in some time and whatever other Archers might be here. She also was very tired and did not think herself capable of another journey like that for quite some time. She had no one to guide her back, either. It was obvious what her decision would be.

"Of course I will be staying with you. You are family and my feet are tired." After all, it wasn't Iike she had done much adventuring before. (What was there to see anyway?) That option was not in the cards for her. She was blessed she had made it this far. "Besides, I don't think many outside of family would want to take on the responsibility of some weird, white witch." She says with a lighthearted laughter.
                                                                                                   ⋆。˚☽˚。⋆                                                              
"Moon Mother,
" 
Inactive No Rank
Avella Archer
"I think the mountains are the worst of it," Avella stated. She wished known that Rashina was coming. She could have sent Hagar or Scully to help her find her way to the ridge. "You're here now though and we are very glad to have you," she added. All of that was behind them now and so it was time for Rashina to start a new chapter of her life in the ridge.

It really didn't matter to Avella that the other was blind. She was an Archer and family was always welcome in the ridge. After all they had a right to be there. In her opinion anyway. Avella was excited to welcome Ra to the pack and to show her around. Once inside the borders she knew that Rashina would adjust quite easily.

Her mind did travel for the slightest of moments to their start there in willow ridge. The ones who called themselves Archers but didn't have the class and manners to be Archers. As far as the matriarch was concerned they didn't belong in this territory.

"Excellent," Avella said happily, "I'm sure you'll like it here and the ridge is chocked full of great places to rest tired paws. You'll also get the chance to meet the newest additions to the Archer line "  she of course meant her children. Shed told them of the Archers and their legacy but now they could meet another member of their family.

Though Rashina couldn't see it Avella frowned at the next comment from the younger woman. "I don't believe that about you. I'm glad you came to us and I'm sure you'll be an asset to the pack." Avella knew what Ra had said was true Avella didn't feel that way at all.
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Rashina Archer
Last for me. A closing with Avella should wrap it up!

The worst of it was over... at least, as far as travel was concerned. The trails which the willowed ridge wolves would still have ahead of them to endure had yet to be foretold. She nods down her head as Avella spoke of being happy to have her and Ra's tail waves lowly between her back legs.

"Oh?" An interest sparked in the woman even though it did not show in the opal milk of her eyes. But her head lifted again, sharp ears pointing high with alert. "You have children? What are their names?" She wasn't certain, but there was a warm happiness in Avella's tone that suggested they were her own litter which she spoke of. After all, she was Alpha here.

And then, a sudden sadness. Though Ra spoke of her oddness with a laughter, Avella made it clear she did not consider Ra as such. The pale bone woman moved forward, to reach out and seek somewhere along the others nape or shoulder from best she could predict on location. "I thank you, Avella, and hope to do all I can." Which was, as it were, very little. If anything, she could teach some lessons of surviving on the minimal and even seek out herbs for healing or warn others when danger was near. But hunting, guarding, watching the pups and traveling to deliver messages? These twins were beyond Ra's availability.

But she was here now and this would be her home, Avella was certain of it and so it made Ra certain.
(This post was last modified: Feb 14, 2023, 06:41 PM by Rashina.)
                                                                                                   ⋆。˚☽˚。⋆                                                              
"Moon Mother,
" 
Inactive No Rank
Avella Archer
The Matriarch was excited for her children to meet some of the Archer clan. They didn't know anyone besides Scully despite having told them all about the family they'd come from. Perhaps one day she'd have to take them to Torbine to visit the family, especially their grand parents.

Rashina seemed surprised by the announcement that she'd had children. Avella couldn't keep the proud smile from her features even if the younger woman couldn't see it. "I do. Three of them. Nineve, Iseldir. and Daegal. They're still young yet but I'm sure they'll be excited to meet you." The mother was sure that her children would happily welcome Rashina.

She was glad to have the younger woman with them now. Most importantly to have more family on the Archer lands. She brushed her muzzle against Rashina's. "I know you will Rashina. You don't have to worry anymore." She would enure her cousin was well taken care of.

FADE