(See All?) Announcements
567 Users Online
Bing, Torianna, Khalon

freefall far away, out of sight out of mind — Sanguine Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 2 Loves ·
Played by becca who has 132 posts.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Adora Macieo

Slowly their trail would lead along creeping heights and slopes. The sun guided way for them and, for now, kept long shadows from falling over them. A thoughtful thing, if she was one to thank the sun!

Her attention always rounded back to the impressive girl. Her own father and mother were very much guardians. Even if they were a lot of other things too. Hunters, caregivers, storytellers... Adora was not one for labels, but she was happy to see others collect them as they pleased. For she even hoped she'd carry some one day!

Oh, wow! And her voice was genuine with its impressed nature. Do you wanna be The Alpha one day too? I dunno if I could do it...I think I like being free. She bumbled up over a ledge, having to work double time to pull herself over it.

Played by Cade who has 160 posts.
Sanguine Cove XII. Lowest
Magg Eastfall-Slayer
As Magg had presumed, the other youth had no reason to question her perfectly-crafted half-truth. She couldn't help but feel her ego boosted, quite enjoying Adora's attention. The awe in her words went straight to the little Eastfall's head and encouraged her ploy. Yet still, she was taking direction from her friend all the same. She would've naturally answered yes, she was totally in line to be the best, strongest wolf in all the pack, but that changed the instant the young Macieo voiced her own opinion.

'Free.' That sounded... cool. Magg mulled it over as she watched Adora climb, hefting herself up after her with a bit more grace. She was used to this sort of terrain, after all, and had been told the outside world was much flatter.

"I totally get that," she replied, gaze shifting to meet the vibrant rays of Adora's.

"I guess I could but I don't think I wanna. My uncle is a scout... Or I could be, I dunno... an adventurer."

The path was not always intuitive, and she paused to scan for their next step.

"What're you gonna do, then?"
Lone Wolf No Rank
Adora Macieo

An adventurer!

Adora practically swooned as she dragged herself up after Magg. Utterly charmed by the idea, for the mountains had instilled a sense of beauty about the world beyond. What other lovely things had she not seen since being in home her whole life?

Oh! I dunno. Maybe, hmmm... Her peppy voice trailed off as she thought about all the things she could be. All the things she wanted to be! I like helping others, but I really think I want to see more of the mountains! Maybe I'll be a...traveling helper! The self imposed title gave her a breathless laugh. We could adventure together more, i-if you'd like! Fumbling over her words as she fumbled over the trail too.

Magg Eastfall-Slayer
It seemed her companion didn't quite exactly know either. Did any of the other kids? Magg hadn't ever thought to ask the question before, honestly. She realized then that she was a mostly present-focused individual. The future couldn't be predicted, and what was there to worry about and anticipate? Things couldn't really change all that much, right? The pup felt confident she'd rather just enjoy each step in her life as she took it, whatever that might entail through the years.

'Traveling helper,' Adora invented, and Magg thought of her mother.

"Oh, you could be like a shaman!"

She spotted their next move, and knowing it would be a bit tricky she chose to show the way. It took a well-aimed and powerful leap to reach the next ledge, but it was just within reach for the young mountaineer and she scaled it without issue as Adora stuttered, then turned to crouch down and reach out one paw to stabilize herself and extend the other for her friend. Being new to this, the Macieo might have need of an extra step, and she didn't mind lending herself to that cause. She and her siblings had scaled each other many a time in this manner to get where they wanted to go.

"Totally!" came that familiar, enthusiastic answer as Magg beamed down at her fellow hiker.

"We can do this every day if you like! Or I can take ya with me on patrol to mix it up."
Lone Wolf No Rank
Adora Macieo

A shaman? She had heard plenty of fancy words in her short life, but that had not been one of them. What's a shaman? Her voice became a bit breathy the higher they went on the trail. Most certainly not yet fully adjusted to mountain life. The slow climb up with her family might have helped, but she was nothing compared to the native.

Awkwardly, she used Magg to help herself up when offered. Pretty sure she had never clambered with her siblings like this. Not, well, helpfully! There most certainly had been tail stepping and sleeping spot squabbles before.

For a moment, she flopped down, only to quickly push herself back upright with a grand heave. Yes! To both! I-I think I might benefit from patrols? She laughed a bit sheepishly. Mildly embarrassed about how out of shape she felt compared to one who had been born the mountain scaling life.

At least Magg didn't point it out.

Magg Eastfall-Slayer
Magg couldn't help but giggle along as Adora more-or-less laughed at herself. @Monatalia might have preferred to belittle someone over what they couldn't do, but she was a lot more lenient. After all, she was still young enough to remember when she could barely navigate flat ground much less climb like this!

"Everything takes practice," she said with a forgiving shrug. If someone thought she was fitting to teach them a thing, Magg was not about to say no to, much less mock, that sort of attention. Besides, she was having fun hanging out with Adora and definitely wanted to get in as much time with the other girl as she could before she had to go back to her own home.

"My mom's a shaman, it means she keeps everyone healthy and makes them better when they're hurt or sick. Without her we'd have like, a ton of dead wolves around here."

A familiar tree caught her eye, level to their height but much farther North along the valley wall. She knew approximately how far along they were then, as she had memorized it as a marker.

"Look, see that?" she pointed up, to a particular outcropping of snowy-laden stone above their heads.

"That's the highest I've ever gone. We're almost there!"
Lone Wolf No Rank
Adora Macieo

Oh. A shaman sounded...so very, very important. Enough so that Adora's stomach sort of wiggled at the thought. Could she handle that much responsibility? And more importantly - Can there be a traveling shaman? For she did not wish to settle so soon and early! There was still so much world to see and surely there were wolves out there to heal too!

But it seemed all her huffing and puffing for air was not in vain. Magg motioned up ahead and Adora let her tired eyes follow it. So close! Yet she wondered if she might still have air left by then.

W-well, we gotta go beyoooond that! To set a record! She giggled between panting breaths. Ever eager to prove herself, even if her stubby legs wobbled beneath her.

Magg Eastfall-Slayer
Magg gave her friend's ask some thought once more, content to allow that space between as Adora had yet to fault her for it. Instead, their plan was solidified. Maybe they wouldn't make it to the absolute top, but that was okay; it left more for tomorrow, and maybe even the day after! Whenever her friend was satisfied to stop, she would be too. After they set that record, as she'd said.

"Yess," Magg answered with determined glee. She couldn't wait to annoy Mona with this triumph later, intent on agitating her sister after so many failed months of trying to get on her good side. Talia deserved it for being so awful!

She continued to lead the way and spot Adora as needed, focused on completing this venture without any injuries. Getting grounded was not the way she wanted to spend the rest of her new friend's visit.

"I think a travelling shaman would just take care of whoever they come across. So instead of the same patients over and over, you'd get to meet new wolves all the time!"
(This post was last modified: Jan 13, 2023, 05:35 AM by Auburn.)
Lone Wolf No Rank
Adora Macieo

Theeeen... She trailed off as her tail wiggled behind her, bouncing forward a few steps. Swiftly felt regret for that! Maybe I'll be a traveling shaman! She beamed as she aimed to softly nip at Magg's hip. Despite her exhaustion, her mood was elevated. Much like their altitude!

Race me?

It mattered not that Adora knew she'd already lose. It was the journey and time spent together that mattered the most to her.