(See All?) Announcements
1,110 Users Online

wait it out — Swift River 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Tara who has 549 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Indru Tainn
Set before this thread, and it takes place the first morning after Indru's return. :)

Overcast — Current Temperature: 53° F/12° C. Early morning.

The sun was rising earlier and earlier as summer continued to get closer and Indru was up at first light, stretching his weary muscles and bones by reclining his full length, rump raised and his head lowered. His eyes flickered fondly towards the sleeping forms of Corinna and their cubs and his heart swelled with contentment at being able to sleep beside them once again. Those two weeks had been hellish (as undoubtedly they had been for the pack as well, in his absence) and he had no desire to experience them again. However, as much as he loved his sleeping family and was loathed to leave them, not all his family was here and his thoughts were continuously on his dark furred brother, who felt as much as son as Rihael and Fenru to the leader.

Originally he had wanted to have the willpower to wait until a more agreeable hour to seek out Triell but once awake Indru knew he wouldn't be able. Besides, if he caught his young brother sleeping he knew it would sooth him almost as much to see him safe and relaxed as to talk to him. So, with soft pawsteps so not to wake them, Indru headed off for his brother's usual resting place. Triell? He whispered, his tone soft and cautious, as much as he wanted to see his brother he wasn't sure the feeling would be mutual. Are you awake? I'm home, I missed you buddy, so much. Inhaling deeply he sated himself with Triell's scent for now, waiting anxiously for his brother to wake if he was sleeping and for Indru to be able to soothe his worries about Triell's wellbeing.

(This post was last modified: Apr 19, 2012, 03:47 PM by Indru.)
Played by Switch who has 960 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
I am always singing Superman in my head when I reply to Indru x)
    Somewhere dreams really do come true.

He'd a busy week. Scratch that, he had had a hell of a week. If it was not one storm it was another. IF it was not turning the thoughts on Rhysis to plans of action, it was wondering where Indru was. He was not having nightmarish thoughts of Ozera, then it was doing the daily rescue of other damsels in distress. He was not merely tired, he was exhausted in every cell of his body. For the last couple days he had tucked himself away in his hollow log trying to let his body, and mind recover from each new wound he had to take. It should not be a surprise he did not know Indru was safe and sound nor trying to rouse him. If anything Triell could have been dead to the world.

Several minutes he was certain he was having some strange dream of his far too real. Indru was calling him, saying he was home. This certainly could not be true. Restless his legs legs, and his ears flipped up to lie back again. Then his black nostrils started twitching, and his nose was picking up the real scent of his brother. His mind had to catch up, and he had to lift his head, pulling himself from his deep slumber. "Indy?" He questioned, his tired eyes trying to push the weight of their tired lids. Squinting through the dim light the blurred outline of Indru eventually came sharp. It was only a apercu at first, until his eyes widened suprised, yet happy. And the wolf who was still in many ways a boy smiled broadly, his large tail beating agianst the hollow of the the log. Indru was home.

You really are alive."

(This post was last modified: Apr 16, 2012, 11:11 PM by Triell.)
[Image: triellpix_by_euphoriclies-d98abbc.png]
are you with me through it all?
[Image: cad_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amr.png]
Inactive No Rank
Indru Tainn
Hahah! <3 I looooveeee Triell so much, I just get to express it through Indy!

Apprehension clawed at him with each patient breath he took but Indru was sated at least, just letting Triell's scent (safe, unharmed) cloud his lungs felt comforting. No, this wolf was much more than just a brother to Indru. The Tainn was tired but he had no desire to move from as much as Triell's presence as he could grant himself, yet and he fought with himself to keep his eyes open, resting fondly on the sleeping form of his dark brother.

He was rewarded though when his sleepy gaze snapped awake at the sound of his name, his nickname murmured in Triell's dulcet tone, and he felt his body tense as he waited for a reaction to his arrival. Please don't hate me, he thought on repeat unconsciously, their horrible argument over last time worrying him. Then the boy's eyes must have widened as Indru caught a glimpse of gold and it almost seemed to good to be true that Triell was smiling, his tail waving frantically as it beat against the log with each pass.

I am, he laughed softly, a grin so broad it hurt stretching his muzzle in response to Triell. And then he was gone—unable to resist any longer Indru bounded in, trying to topple himself upon his brother's sleepy form (and still he marvelled at how similar sized they were now) and literally smother him in love. I missed you, I missed you, he growled into Triell's ears happily inbetween nips and licks to his brothers face, uncaring if he was being annoying, just relieved to see Triell and so happy his first reaction wasn't anger.

Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
<3

The world is not so cold.

His long, dark tail hairs urgently swept against the lines of the dead tree. He was half asleep from being over run, but bit by bit his mind and body were waking up. Indru was home safe and sound, and had sought him out this time. How could he be angry? How could he not awake to the wonderful news!

The dark Tainn chuckled in his own amusement, a grin cracking against his sleep features. At last maybe he would have less to worry about now it was evident nothing horrific had happened to Indru again. It was one of the reasons Triell didn't believe in Karma. His family had suffered too much, and had done nothing to deserve it. If something had happened to Indru again, Triell would curse whatever gods there were.

Since he was not awake he could not get his body to function, and Indru was blocking the way he couldn't wiggle out. He was soon surprised with the large tawny, and black peppered fluff and muscle of his brother. The log that was so big did not quite seem so any more. He did not notice this. Happy whines hummed in his throat, he was nuzzled, nipped, and licked. He happily took them, returning affectionate nudges, and tongue lashings of his own. "I missed you too Indy." He said, a deep chuckle escaping from his vocals. The only thing he was worried about were injuries, and his nostrils flared to check for blood or wounds. "You're okay?" He asked, quietly slightly with his uncertainty.

Inactive No Rank
Indru Tainn
Indru likes to talk. o_o Apologies! Haha

As the laughs of his brother reached him Indru could only reply in kind, his laughter only interrupted by his whines or the affectionate nips and licks he coated his brother in. Indru's heart soared even further—more than he thought possible—now that he knew Triell was safe along with Corinna and their cubs, it had been chaotic in his absence but he was beyond thankful that it was not any worse. As angry as he was with news of Rhysis and Naira if that was all that had left a lasting mark he was pleased, he'd pick their betrayal over physical damage to his family any day. Besides, he didn't plan on letting Rhysis walk free without any wounds from him. No, at some point Indru's rage at the betrayal would cause him to stumble across the dark wolf.

I bet I missed you more, he grinned, laughing again as he leaned down to nuzzle against Triell's scruff, drawing his brothers scent into his nose. As he did so his fiery eyes caught Triell doing the same, the gentle flaring of his dark nostrils a give away, and his next question told Indru why. Nothing too bad, he answered, shrugging it off, who cared anyway now he was back home, I have wounds to my paws from travelling so far and so fast with little rest... Bruises and cuts from the rockfall, and I'm a little hungry, here he laughed, trying to remove any concern Triell may have for him, it was Indru's job to worry about Triell not the other way around. But nothing that won't heal, he waved a bloody forepaw, not as painful now it had been treated by Corinna, in his brothers face, a cubish grin still on his face. I'm glad you're safe—I was worried, about you, about Cori and the cubs, but you're unharmed. The relief in his voice was clear, and he dropped his muzzle across Triell's shoulders and neck as if drawing comfort from the younger wolf.

I was up on the Pass, he began to explain, keeping his fiery orange eyes on Triell's sofer, golden ones as he did so, and a storm hit. You know how treacherous it is there at the best of times... It caused a rockfall and I lost my balance, I fell off the peak and slid down the other side, you know where we can never get too, until I caught my balance again and could stop. Indru's brow furrowed as he thought through it, remembering his anger and frustration at being marooned and then the desperation when he could find no way back. I howled for ages, but with the storm and the distance you had no chance of hearing me. There was no way back over I could find, it's just a sheer drop the other side you see, not a slope like here. I was wounded though and I had to travel down and seek shelter. All things considering, Indru guess it could have been worse, he could have been injured, crippled even, or potentially it could have been a fatal fall but to him being fit and well yet still not able to reach home had been the worst kind of torture. It took near two weeks to find a way up, and even then it was only due to another rockfall, and then I came home as fast as I could. Hence why I left a blood trail all the way down the rocks, he laughed quickly, but without humour this time. Lifting his head he stretched forward, licking Triell between his ears and nudging his cheek with his nose. I'm sorry buddy, I didn't want to be away again. Forgive me?

Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
<3 Don't feel bad, Triell and I are always happy for an explanation. Those are always winded right? :D

Why do they think I never change, they're the ones that stay the same.

"How about we call it a tie?" He interjected, though Indru would soon make a good point he was the clear winner. In the moment he nodded, his tail taking off behind him to hear nothing serious like last time had happened. It could have been a breaking point for the young Tainn. His smile slowly fell, his dark mask taking on a more somber expression when Indru began his tale of what had happened to keep him from his family and pack. A rockfall, which Triell could only assume happened at the mountain. He kinda what to say I told you so, aware how he'd said he hadn't cared for it...believing it was a cursed place. He kept his tongue in cheek, and nodded his head to confirm he was listening, believing Indy would be alright. There was more to the story, and he patiently waited to hear it. It was Indru's worry, that made Triell's expression change, not sure how to take in what he was being told. "You worried about us?" He playfully smirked, and shook his head. "Ice, Marsh, Corinna, and I are quite the team," he joked, though it was said with some seriousness. He was merely trying to lighten the mood, not able to comprehend how powerless Indru must have felt. Yet knowing it must have been torture. He graciously accepted the affectionate strokes to his back. It made him feel small again, like he was still that black little shadow of Indy's.

It was with the comforting sound of his voice, he'd rest his head close to his brother's paws listening when he began to fill in the blanks. He was merely given another reason to dislike the storm clouds that brought more than rain. Triell's ears pinned back, his face etched with concern hearing the hints of torment in Indru's voice. It made him feel guilty. This time Triell had not went looking for him, and if he did would he have been able to help? He tried to tell himself it was the past, and he should let it rest. Guilt was not an easy enemy to kill.

Triell tried to hide a laugh, the pink tongue of his brother tickling his black ears. Gently he shook his head, pulling back. He was reminded of simpler days, and easier times. His heart had hurt with a sadness, but part of it was healed in this safe moment knowing Indru was home. "Forgive you? To forgive I'd have to be mad," He playfully nipped at a white cheek. "I only wish I could have helped you....get back quicker. But I was set on keeping my promise...watching over our family."

(This post was last modified: May 02, 2012, 05:33 PM by Triell.)
Inactive No Rank
Indru Tainn

At the offer of a tie Indru laughed lightly and nodded and pretended to accept the deal, but really he was sure it couldn't be so, after all it was Indru's duty to worry and miss, the role of head of the family had fallen onto his shoulders and he wouldn't shirk it. Even though he couldn't help but think that both his parents would be angry at the job he had done so far. Oh, of that I have no doubt, he responded sincerely, stretching forward to nip at his brother's black cheek to prove that he hadn't doubted his abilities, but I can't help but worry. It's my job, he laughed, before adding on more seriously, besides, you're too precious to me for me not to.

It was the rare times that he got to spend with Triell, just the two of them, than Indru marvelled at how much time had passed. He had never been so close to his younger siblings as he had to Triell, and especially not to pay so much attention to their growth and development. Yet, when their parents had died Indru had become their sole carer and their growth and development had become his sole concern. You know, you used to be so tiny I'd rest you between my two front forelegs, and Indru couldn't help but peer down at his two paws, imagining Triell's squirming, small black form resting there, and I'd hold you there and I'd have to nuzzle you until you settled and finally fell asleep. It was a bittersweet memory for Indru, he could remember like it was yesterday when he had to move back into the pack den to sleep (something which he hadn't done since he turned a year) with the three of them nestled up tight against him. At the time he had felt so lost and confused with them, but Indru knew now that without them to care for and protect he would have only have been more so. Guilt and sorrow had near overcome him, but with his youngest siblings to focus on (along with the others) it had given him a purpose.

At his brother's words an involuntary sigh broke from the Tainn male and his head dropped heavily across Triell's shoulders in relief as he drew comfort from the younger wolf. Thank you, Indru replied earnestly and sincerely when he could speak again, tilting his head to groom the fur at the base of Triell's neck affectionately. You did the right thing—like always—you stayed with them and kept them safe when I could not. For a while now Indru had known that Triell was the better wolf but it was clear that the bitterness in the leader's words at his inability to protect them were directed inwardly, at his own failure. Thank you, truly. For keeping yourself safe too.

Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
    If I go crazy then will you still call me superman?

"I thought not," he smirked half because of how serious Indru must have taken him, and because Triell was happy. One last wolf to worry about, or was it a family? An answer that could hold a handful of meanings. Something his head didn't want to have to think over, despite the fact he had gotten some good sleep. His smirk grew into a twisted grin, and he partially snorted. He couldn't argue with that. It wasn't like Indru wasn't suppose to be the responsible one. He was the one with a pack, and family. Triell knew it was in their nature wasn't it? To care, and fuss? When he finished his sentence the sentiment, though not exactly surprise, hit him. His eyes blinked, his mask more an expression of soberness accepting this. He did not have words for it, and so his tail beat against the tree with a gentle whine thrumming in his throat.

The notice of his size easily brought him to laugh, fully aware he remembered toddling beneath Indru's belly. What simpler days, just trying to keep up, and listen. Consumed, and overwhelmed only by the new world. "I'll never forget," he said, and he was hit with how much he had missed Indru...his own worry and fear. It was a small gift of peace having been greeted by him, safe and sound compared to all the scenarios he'd imagined. A lot including death. He was glad he never made peace with the idea, or this would be a lot more rough.

Triell brushed the ridge of his muzzle against his brother to further comfort, and assure him. Quietly holding the moment, remembering how Indru had always argued about his strength. It was not weakness the young man saw, but just more how much Indru could go through and make it to the other side. Something Triell tried. He rested his head back, letting him groom him for he did not really mind. The words Indy would say next made the younger Tainn sad. He softly whined, hoping to prove he had no reason to be guilty nor ashamed. It was not his fault he'd been powerless. He was afraid to say the wrong words, and spark something he did not want. He ushered a lick to the creamy underside of Indru's chin. "I try," he quietly murmurs, he is uncertain how long he can continue. Can he really protect everyone he loves? Could he keep himself safe? He dismissed the thoughts, giving one last press of his nose to his brother's cheek before withdrawing. "I still think that mountain's cursed, please don't beat yourself up too bad about it?"

(This post was last modified: May 13, 2012, 07:41 PM by Triell.)
Inactive No Rank
Indru Tainn

Me neither, the older Tainn grinned at his younger brother, looking after that litter had been Indru's first true responsibility and from then only more had fallen on his shoulders, and though they had been hard to weather at times the leader knew he wouldn't be rid of them for the world. You were far too much trouble for me to forget, he teased with a grin, stretching forward to try and softly grab Triell's muzzle in a quick gesture of play, a low rumble coming through his chest in his eagerness.

As they spoke of Triell's actions during Indru's absence a smile broke through Indru's serious expression at his brother's admittance, even just trying his dark furred brother did the right thing. It was admirable, undoubtedly, and without any shadow of doubt Indru knew how much their father would have doted upon the boy for it was these qualities that Rihael had always looked for in his sons. Indru's chin had risen as he'd accepted Triell's respectful licks to the underside of his muzzle, and his brother's sign of his submission to him—even when he spoke of his weaknesses—had meant more to Indru than he could have expressed.

At the question Triell asked he shrugged lightly, a smile of his face, as his head titled sideways in easy contemplation, well then, I'll try my best too. It was the best he could offer, as it was in Indru's nature to take responsibility, but as he regarded his limbs tangled with Triell's and both their steady, beating hearts he found it harder than usual to worry and guilt himself over events passed. What would I do without you, hey? He laughed, but his voice was exasperated as he new the truth of it and with a mischievous smirk Indru rolled onto to side as his lifted a paw and tried to bat it at Triell's shoulder and muzzle with a playfulness he had lacked in a long while.

Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
    If I go crazy then will you stillcall me superman?

"Me trouble? I don't know what you're talking about," he replied in a tone of pure innocence. He thought he'd been a good little pup. Except for a couple things like, trying to swim, attacking Weldering, and trying to er get Kinis and Borlla to get along. Which had never quite worked out the way he'd planned. He tried to escape the grab, but was a half second to late, and felt the soft pull of teeth encasing his snout. He made a poor attempt to half shake back, returning a short growl of his own.

He did not think greatly of his own actions. They were to be expected by himself, and everyone in his own thoughts. It was what decent beings did, and they were his family as much as Indru's.....just in a different way. He pulled his muzzle out of Indru's reach once it was free, and made an attempt to scoot backward. There was really no way to move, and he held his position. He was not out of the game, but trying to make it a little harder for Indy.

"Okay, that's good enough for me," and he made a nip for the white cheek this time. He doubted it would change much, but everyone else was bound to be angry at Indru he should give himself a break at least. A reason Triell felt no need to be mad. What good would it do him, or Indy especially? He needed someone on his side, reminding him this would be another chapter to put behind them. "You'd be born out of your mind," he chuckled, while this time dodging the large white paw, and taking a snap at it.