(See All?) Announcements
626 Users Online
Viorel, Google, Bing, Hazelnut, Sophrosnia

tell everybody i'm on my way — Kingsfall 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 39 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Auburn Tanga-Eastfall
Auburn may not have looked it, but he caught the recognition that bloomed across Jethro's features which was soon confirmed by words that had the younger wolf practically vibrating with glee. This was it! He had done it! Aub had found not only someone who knew of the enigma that had been his father, but his best friend!

"You d-, he is- ?" his tongue seemed to be knotted, unable to keep up with the flood of questions he wanted to ask the man. It felt like suddenly he had a wealth of knowledge at his metaphorical fingertips, with no idea where to start.

"I-... I'm sorry," he ended up apologizing for his speechlessness with a sheepish smile, meeting Jethro's beryl gaze briefly.

"I, wasn't sure if it would be possible or not, to even find a clue much less... "

Should he pepper the other wolf with his questions, or would it be better to beeline directly for this Sanguine Cove where he could simply ask his father himself- and his uncle... and his grandma... !

"I feel like I should thank you in some way."

Sprinting off would be rude, no matter how eager he was.
Played by Molo who has 471 posts.
Paradise Falls XIII. Subordinate
Jethrᴏ Kane
With this confirmation, the other seemed to be practically speechless. Only a couple of words slipped through before an apology was issued. For the brief moment during which their gazes met, Jet offered the other a slow, deliberate shake of his head. No apology was needed. Jethro was not certain what the relationship here was, but based on observation.. he did feel he had a pretty good guess.

”Just happy I could help,” Jet offered sincerely. Although a part of him wanted to ask questions of his own, the dark one was also fairly certain the details he wanted to know would come to light in time. He was tactful and could wait. Those were two things he'd gotten a lot better at .

The last bit though prompted a contemplative look. ”Perhaps you can. If you decide to head there, I’d consider it a personal favor if y’could deliver a message to Chan and the others, from all of us.” While he would’ve liked to go back there himself, that was.. for obvious reasons, probably not going to happen until at least the spring thaw. But this was the next best thing.
Inactive Deceased
Auburn Tanga-Eastfall
The other wolf was certainly kind, and Auburn knew that he would be grateful for the time Jethro spared for him today for a long while to come. Even if things went a little sideways. Even if Chan wasn't the wolf he hoped he was.

His head bobbed to affirm that yes, whatever the man needed, he would be glad to assist.

"Absolutely. I can't thank you enough. I, if-," he stopped himself, the information sinking in, the urgency ebbing in the wake of reality. Auburn needed to rest, he needed to show better manners, and most importantly he did want to take this opportunity to get to better know the wolf who helped him so and was so close to his father.

"Is, there somewhere you need to be? I could walk with you..."

He certainly didn't want to repay Jethro by burdening him, however. If the other would prefer to part ways here after their little information trade was completed, Auburn would understand.
(This post was last modified: Jan 26, 2023, 08:26 PM by Auburn.)
Jethrᴏ Kane
- this a lil longer than i thought, but think we're about good for a wrap-up? I do hope Aub comes back this way eventually though!

The other offered a small nod, a confirmation that he’d be willing to deliver a message to the Cove. And while there was a lot Jet would’ve liked to say, some of it would probably be better held until he could get there, himself. Even if Auburn seemed more than willing to do so, he didn’t want to make things too awkward for someone that’d never been there before.

Best to keep things general, then. ”If ya get the chance, tell them Jethro and the others are doin’ well, and we hope they are too. That we’ve settled inland from the lake, and we hope to be able to come up and visit sometime during spring or early summer.” That seemed just about right. It relayed the important stuff, without being too over the top or personal.

The last question prompted Jet to offer another gentle shake of his head at first. ”Naw. This group’s pretty self-sufficient. They’ll be alright for a lil’ while.” Something that thankfully made his job pretty easy. Nobody needed to be told to do things, everyone just did them.

”Although.. you’d be welcome to come see our home and rest a while, if ya want. Can’t promise much for food but.. I can definitely offer ya a quiet cave to rest in. If you’re not too eager to head out, that is,” the journey was a lengthy one, and while there were plenty of places to pause and rest along the way, he’d be remiss not to offer.

”And seriously.. don’t worry about thankin’ me. Chan and the Cove were there to help me when I needed it, never asked for much in return. You deliver that message, and we’re more than even.” That was why he was here, after all. To help others, and he'd been in exactly the right place to do that for Auburn today. The satisfaction Jet earned just from being able to do that was repayment enough.    
Inactive Deceased
Auburn Tanga-Eastfall
absolutely! hoping to nudge him back this way, maybe even with Chan in tow, for a visit if not a return message. <3 auburn would like to hang out a bit tho, would you like a follow up thread of them chatting or just keep it vague? i know this is a lil old now. :3

It was a simple request and communication both, easily memorized by young Aub. When Jethro went on to assure that the younger wolf was not unduly taking time away from him and his companions, they felt relief, smiling and nodding. Of course not many in-depth details had been shared, so likely he didn't know what a large service he'd done Chan's only surviving son. Or maybe he did- what exactly had the elder Eastfall done for this friend?

"I would like to rest a moment," his tail wagged, and his small grin remained sheepish, as if it hadn't been offered to him to stay at all. It didn't matter how clear others made it that they felt otherwise, Auburn couldn't help still think he was more often than not in the way.

"And meet your friends, if they have the time. Do they know him too... ?" he was ready to follow after Jethro as they spoke, a single paw raised to show this.
Jethrᴏ Kane
-- i definitely don’t mind a follow up! Perhaps picking up right after this?? Would sure like Jet to actually learn that he’s actually talking to the son of arguably his biggest influence on site….  

The other man answered that he would like to rest a moment, though even that statement almost sounded like it was spoken as if Auburn half-expected the offer to be rescinded. Jet felt a surprising amount of empathy there, if that was true. He could recall feeling the same way, about the cove, at first. And entirely too awkward around almost all of the wolves there.

It’d been Chan, in large part, to help him get past that, especially once Nori had been out of the picture. ”Ah, c’mon then, just this way,” the dark one spoke with a flick of an ear, turning about to venture towards their home.

And meet your friends, if they have time. Do they know him too? Jethro felt a smile cross his countenance with that inquiry. Had he really not mentioned anything about that? ”They do know him. He was livin’ with us here, for a while, before he went back to the cove…”