(See All?) Announcements
590 Users Online
Google, Bing

The wayward valle — Dead Empress Backwater 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 286 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sharlee Valle
Sharlee has finally returned. @Viorel and anyone else.

Winter had set on and the snow had grown deep. What had started as a simple hunting trip had ended up taking her so much longer to get back. Had she known she would be gone so long Sharlee would have let Vi know but despite going over it in her head many times she couldn't see how she would have known.

The tawny woman did feel bad knowing how her cousin felt about family members disappearing. She just hoped that he would understand. She also hoped that her absence wouldn't mess anything up for her for the future but she wouldn't know that until she returned to the backwater and spoke with Vi.

Finally the familiar forest of home came into view. The Valle woman picked up her pace. She'd traveled many days to get this far she wasn't quitting now. Her determination finally paid off when she scented the border. She was finally home though she didn't step across it, not yet anyway.

Upon reaching the border she threw her head back and called to her cousin. She beckoned him to her so that she might be welcomed back.
Played by Ghost who has 633 posts.
Dead Empress Backwater I. Leader
Viorel Valle

The leader had been on his way to check in on Clover, heading towards the infirmary assuming that she would be there. He really didn’t have an agenda, he just liked popping on occasion to see how she was doing now that they were co-leads. It was important to him that they were on the same wavelength and that the major decisions were being made as equals. It was interesting, he had led for so long on his own and before with Vayko, but he was finding leading with the woman much more enjoyable. She was more even keeled.

He froze in his tracks the second the voice sang out across the territory. It couldn’t be… They had searched for her, and for Kateri and Nix, all of whom had gone missing within days of each other. They had found nothing and the weather had been awful, Viorel had honestly begun to fear the worst and that something bad had happened to the group. His paws turned on autopilot as he ran towards the call, heart racing in his throat. This wasn’t the first time she had disappeared and then shown back up a little worse for wear and he was beginning to worry a pattern was developing.

Unlike last time he was able to contain himself so he didn’t knock her down when she came into view. Instead yellow eyes swept over her with worry clear in his expression, ”Sharlee…I thought something bad might have happened to you.” And that was the truth.

[Image: s38i5ZS.png]
Played by Melorama who has 390 posts.
Dead Empress Backwater III. Medic
Clover Assana
Clover had been idly puttering around in her infirmary, not quite sure what to do as there was very little that required her attention, but not feeling in the mood to do anything else. The call from Sharlee had her immediately poking her head out of the den, ears pricked forward with raised brows. Though the call had been for Vi there was no way she wouldn't go to the other woman, even if she hadn't risen up to co-leader.

Her short legs brought her swiftly to the border. She had picked up Vi's scent along the way, and heard his voice mere moments before she set eyes on the two other wolves. Sharlee's tawny coat was undeniably recognizable, and Clover rushed up towards her with a large grin on her face. "You've returned! We were all worried about you." While it appeared that Vi was holding back on physical contact, she moved forward and raised herself on her tiptoes to gently brush her muzzle against Sharlee's cheek in a warm greeting if the woman would let her get that close.
Inactive No Rank
Sharlee Valle
It felt good to be back in the familiar lands of her home. Sharlee had missed it and those that lived there. Her family. The longer she'd been away the more she'd missed everyone. Sharlee wondered what had been happening in her absence. Those thoughts and worries are what pushed her forward even in the times when she'd felt like she'd never find the backwater again.

The first wolf that appeared was certainly a sight for sore eyes. Her cousin and leader. She was relieved to see him and see that he was okay. The greeting he gave her was more subdued than last time which she felt was to be expected. After all she'd disappeared without a word. "I'm sorry Vi, truly. I'm okay though no broken bones or anything," she said offering him a reassuring smile.

The next wolf to arrive was a little surprising but welcome all the same. "It took awhile but I am. I'm sorry to have worried you all again," she said as Clover approached her and welcomed her home with a brush of her muzzle against her cheek. Sharlee gladly returned the gesture.

"I suppose an explanation is in order?" She asked gaze landing on Vi.
Viorel Valle

Clover was a lot more warm and welcome to his cousin than Viorel had been, trying to be more restrained. He smiled seeing them embrace, and it softened him a little, the tension leaving his body with a sigh. He moved forward himself and gave Sharlee a closer inspection before pressing his nose against her cheek in greeting.

He pulled back, and gestured over the territory lines, a clear invitation for her to come back home. He smiled again, ”I’m just happy that you’re safe and that you’re home, and I mean that genuinely.” They could talk along the way back inside, and hopefully find a cache that was full enough to help replenish some of the food that Sharlee had been missing out on the last few weeks. As for an explanation, ”If you want to tell us, sure, but let’s do it on the way back to the main den and a cache. I’m sure we have a lot to catch you up on, for starters I’ve got a new co-lead.” Peering around his cousin he gave Clover an impish wink.

(This post was last modified: Feb 21, 2023, 02:01 AM by Viorel.)
Clover Assana
Sharlee returned the greeting, after which Clover stepped back to allow Viorel a chance to reconnect properly with his cousin. "Yes, we're just glad you're back," she said, echoing Viorel's sentimentality, very sure that everyone else would be overjoyed at the woman's return.

She settled on the other side of the woman as they began to head back to the main den. There was no need for any formality in welcoming her back to the Backwater in Clover's eyes, and Viorel seemed to think the same. A soft laugh left her maw at his wink, glad to see him in a happier mood than he had been in recently. "A very recent change, I'm still getting used to it." It had been a big step up in responsibility, but being able to lean on Viorel when she felt overwhelmed did help.

Clover felt no need to say anything further unless prompted as she was much more interested in what Sharlee had to say.
Inactive No Rank
Sharlee Valle
Clover's greeting was welcome and it seemed to encourage Vi as he came and pressed his nose against her cheek. She returned the gesture by locking his chin. She did feel badly that she'd been gone so long knowing how worried they all must have been about her.

There wasn't any explaining to do if she didn't want to. Sharlee could see that as Vi welcomed her back into the territory right away. "Thank you Vi I know you do and I appreciate that." She just hoped that he knew she wouldn't just disappear on them like others had. If she ever chose to leave she would speak to Vi and it seemed Clover first.

Her cousin went on to say that they had some catching up to do which she agreed on. The first bit of news that was shared with her was that Clover was now Vi's co-lead. She looked over to the healer with a smile. "I'm happy for you Clover and I'm sure you'll do great," she encouraged, "I'm here though to help if you need me." Sharlee had started as Viorel's advisor but now she felt that her duties also included advising Vi"s co-leads as well.

They had started into the territory which Sharlee was glad for. She wanted to be off her feet and get some rest. "I suppose it's my turn," she said jokingly. Her tone turned serious though when she started to explain her absence. "I wanted to gather some food for the pack. I had noticed that though we weren't in bad shape yet I didn't want us to have to worry since it was winter and all. The day I left to go hunting the weather was good. The sun was out it was clear. I traveled some distance from the territory in search of prey. The weather turned causing thick snow to fall. I think I got turned around or something as I tried to returned home. It took me awhile to find my way back but I'm here now."
Viorel Valle
One more post from Clover and then we can fade with Sharlee's post?

The Valle man smiled as his cousin returned his physical greeting and everything seemed to go be going better now. He had missed her, but had maybe not ready to admit to himself how much until right now as she was home. Their pack had been feeling a little empty with everyone who was missing, but they all seemed to be on the mend now. If only he knew what would be coming next.

Clover also seemed happier, things were going well and Sharlee had only kind words for the new leader. He grinned at the pair of them. Who would have thought that they would have ended up here when they had all met and agreed to form a pack, now it was two years later and so much had changed.

They made their way back towards the center of the territory and Viorel could only nod along with the story. The weather this winter had been truly dreadful, and while he didn’t want it to happen he wasn’t surprised someone had gotten caught in a storm and lost. He flicked his tail playfully against his cousin as they walked, ”Well, lucky for you our caches are in pretty good shape. I’m sure you’re hungry after such a long search for dinner.” His tone was teasing, he was really just elated to be together again. Things would be good now.

Clover Assana
Clover was appreciative of Sharlee's offer, giving a warm smile in return. "Thank you, I'll keep that in mind." Knowing she had the other woman to rely on if she needed someone to talk to who wasn't Vi was a nice feeling, and she would be sure to seek her out if she ever needed anything.

She was quiet as they walked back towards the main area of the pack territory, listening intently as Sharlee spoke. Her brows furrowed slightly, a brief moment of worry for the other woman's safety all alone during what sounded like a blizzard of sorts. But she had returned to them in decent enough condition, and so all was well in the end.

"I'm glad you're okay and were able to make it back to us. " Hopefully with Sharlee back things would begin to improve.
Inactive No Rank
Sharlee Valle
Things seemed to be going well for the backwater in her absence but it was clear from the welcome she was still needed. She would happily help Clover in her new position since she was a new leader and might need some advice. However, Sharlee believed that Clover woukd make a good leader. She was level-headed and took all things into consideration.

"That is certainly lucky," she agreed as she walked with the two leaders into the heart of the territory. The next few days she intended to get some rest before she got back to her duties. For the time being she was happy to he back and in the company of family again

FADE