(See All?) Announcements
261 Users Online
Bing, Google

perhaps the worst is that i ever let you go — Dead Empress Backwater 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Cade who has 850 posts.
Paradise Falls III. Second
Chan Eastfall
Chan and his adult son had come along with the Cove children, hoping to help alleviate some of the burden that sending eight preteens would surely cause. That wasn't to say they didn't all shoulder as much out of love, but one always had to be realistic, expectant. He might say vigilant, but, that much effort? Putting all of one's chips down on a single belt? Foolish, in this world. At least, it wasn't a gamble he'd be willing to make again.

He hadn't made any promises, help and assist the only words he'd chosen to use when explaining his intentions to his brother @Nash and @Oksana. He hadn't even really asked permission - just informed the pair of where he and Auburn would be over the next fortnight. After all, even if they found some reason to tell him no, he knew he would just ignore the order and convince his son to come along anyways.

So maybe, really, he'd come with the younger wolf in tow more for a more selfish reason; time with Auburn away from the confines his family unwittingly created. It felt easier, smarter to get to know his estranged kin at a distance from the mountain. So far, he just knew that he'd missed a lot and it made him feel... even emptier, somehow.

Aub had wanted to keep exploring the new territory, but his father was tired and chose to rest instead. Chan found his way to the pack's communal den and settled in, hoping to get some sleep undisturbed. When he woke, he'd catch up with the youth again.
[Image: 5BdYuOb.png]
Played by Kai who has 160 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kateri Vuesain-Slayer
The cove pups were in the backwater and though she knew she had to help out Kateri was doing everything she could to avoid them. The last thing she wanted was to have the chance to run into her siblings. Thus far she'd managed to avoid them in the backwater and in the cove during the times that she'd visited.

She wasn't stupid of course. The Slayer girl knew that one day she'd have to face it but she wasn't ready for that yet. Kateri was always on high alert to make sure she wasn't anywhere near them. Really she wished she'd tried to talk Vi out of the visit this year but the fact of the matter was that with everything else going on she'd forgotten.

The dark furred girl though she heard something coming from behind her as she entered the territory. Kateri had been on a hunt for the afternoon. She'd been unsuccessful to say the least. Even that was forgotten when she thought she heard the sounds of the pups.

Making her way through the territory she kept looking behind her, checking for them. She knew she was getting close to the communal den and thought to hide in there for a little while. She wasn't watching were she was going though and tripped over something large and fell to the ground with an 'Umph '
Chan Eastfall
Just as he'd been about to drift off, something collided with his back and rolled atop him. A frown tugged at his lips and he raised his head begrudgingly to see who it was. His spine smarted, but it was ignorable; whoever had fallen likely was hurting worse. It wasn't by appearance that he recognized her, but rather by scent. Chan blinked, unsure how he felt in that moment.

"... Kateri," he acknowledge after a moment of silence, finally heaving himself up onto his paws to step closer and check her over. In all honesty, he had forgotten that she would be here in the Backwater. Once again, he was proving to be one of the worst uncles in history. Or maybe it was just family altogether that he failed to truly do right by.

"Where've you been?"
Inactive No Rank
Kateri Vuesain-Slayer
The Slayer girl found herself flat on her back on the other side of whatever it was she'd fallen over. The rabbit she'd caught had been thrown a few feet away. Slowly she rolled on to her stomach shaking her head. It took her a moment to realize what exactly it was she'd fallen over but a surprised looked crossed her features when she saw that it was Chan.

"Uncle Chan," she returned when he said her name. The Slayer girl rose to her feet and shook out her fur before returning her attention to the Eastfall man as he seemed to be making sure she was okay. "I'm fine really," she told him as her mismatched gaze watched his movements. Then he spoke a question. A quizzical look then swept across her face. "I'm not sure I understand what your asking Chan," she stated.
Chan Eastfall
bro i don't even remember what he meant xD winging it

Chan snorted softly, an amused and fond little sound. He settled back onto his haunches, one brow rising in a way that hinted he knew her secret. That she had left the Cove at all had been a surprise, but he'd been told it had also been without a word; Viorel had needed to send the knowledge of her whereabouts via scouts. In addition, she had to have known they were all coming; why was he just now crossing paths with her? Had she really not been told, maybe even forgotten? No, with all the facts together, Chan felt confident there was something his niece was hiding from.

"We were expecting you to welcome us," he spoke with an amiable tone, not intending on coming across as scolding or judgmental. He could guess at a plethora of reasons why Kateri wanted distance, and whatever she was feeling he was sure was valid.

"This is your home now, right?"
Inactive No Rank
Kateri Vuesain-Slayer
There were many things she felt that her uncle could mean with his question. Kateri needed more to go on than what he'd said. She'd been many places lately after all she'd just gotten back from being lost. Then of course almost as soon as she gets back it's time for the exchange. She felt she should have stayed away longer. As it was she hadn't and now she was trying to avoid the pups at all cost. She sat up on her haunches and met her uncles gaze as he spoke.

"I am sorry for that I...I just couldn't be there." She had no idea how he would act if he found out the reason she hadn't come to the border to greet everyone. When thy had arrived. Then he asked about the Backwater being her home now.

"Yes, I've been here for a few months and it's become my home."She wasn't sure what else Chan might know, "Are the cove wolves upset that I'm here?" Kateri hadn't bothered to ask amd at this point she wasn't sure it would matter. She'd come for Archer and they were now closer than ever.
Chan Eastfall
His ears continued to twitch, the admission a little unexpected in its honesty. Did she want to talk about these things? Chan at least was still useful as a sounding board, wasn't he? His expression grew a little more somber, and then Kateri had her own question. His lips ticked upward just a hint, an expression of understanding.

"Not as far as I've been told," he answered honestly, "I just know everyone misses you and sends their love."

He studied her features a moment, then asked in a gentle voice, "Do you want to talk about why you left?"
Inactive No Rank
Kateri Vuesain-Slayer
Kateri didn't see the point in lying to Chan. She didn't really want to since she'd always felt they'd had a good relationship. The last thing she wanted to do was ruin that so she told him exactly how she felt about the Backwater. It was her home now and she didn't want to leave. She was still curious thought if the cove wolves, especially her mother, were angry with her. She had left without saying anything. They would have every right to be upset with her.

She smiled softly as Chan spoke of them missing her and sending their love. "I do miss them and love them too," she said, "But I just can't go back."

She was a little surprised when he asked if she wanted to talk about it. Kateri's mismatched gaze found his. For a moment she was quiet as she studied his features. "Okay. Yes, I think I would like to."
Chan Eastfall
Chan could admit, he was a little relieved when Kateri answered affirmatively. If he knew what was going on, he would maybe know how to help, or at the least know he didn't need to worry severely over her. Especially after that phrasing. Had something happened he wasn't aware of? Or were these just a part of typical teenage growing pains?

She seemed to pause a moment, and for a beat he waited, not wanting to pry or push. She only had to tell him as much as she wanted, not what she thought he expected from her. If she just needed help finding the words, though, he was very much here for her. So Chan tried to take the middle ground.

"Did you leave intentionally?"
Inactive No Rank
Kateri Vuesain-Slayer
Kateri's feelings toward the cove wolves wouldn't ever change. They were her family after all. She just felt that it was best she stayed away even though she knew that Leo was angry with her for leaving. She didn't think her reasons were ones that Leo could understand. Now more than ever she felt that she'd made the right decision. Kateri was hesitant to share when Chan asked if she wanted to talk about it. She didn't know if he would understand either but she felt that her uncle Chan might understand better than the others.

She settled down on her rump thinking this would be a heavy conversation. Kateri nodded when he asked if she'd left intentionally. "I didn't say goodbye," she stated flatly, "Mom was going to have pups so I stayed long enough to make sure she made it through the birth okay. I left afterward so that she and Nash could start their family without having to worry about me."