Bing, Google

I can see what you see not — Empress Riffle 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Greyer who has 134 posts.
Dead Empress Backwater VI. Medic
Oleander Valle
For Mama @Clover~

January 29th; Morning, after daybreak; Overcast Clouds, 7.2 ° F, -13.78° C

Since the turn of the new year, Oleander had been very much the same. Solitary in his ways, he did as best as he could to keep it that way - day in and day out. His sisters had not returned. In knowing that he supposed that the innate need for seclusion was a part of him. Most days, he scurried about the riverbanks and through the frozen underbrush. He brought anything useful back to Clover's infirmary. His knowledge of nature had developed into a decent stock of practical information. Anything he found that his mother could not use he brought back to a small foxhole of a den close to where he had been born.

These days, his visits to the innermost part of the pack lands were few and far between. He liked to think he had begun to embrace some sort of pseudo-hibernation.

Golden eyes greeted the morning, a half-lidded gaze surveying his surroundings. In the thick of winter, there was little to scavenge. He knew his mother would have no use of anything already dried and brittle. He lifted a paw and scraped it across the hard-packed frost. There was nothing but wet, lackluster pebbles and icy silt. He supposed he had the energy to ice-fish today, but something in the wind told him to wait.

Along the bubbling, rushing rapids, the yearling straightened, ears up and tail level. He listened...
Played by Melorama who has 386 posts.
Dead Empress Backwater III. Medic
Clover Assana
Her border patrol had gone by with no complications, just the way she liked it. Happy with one task accomplished Clover had begun to meander her way towards her infirmary, seeking to sort through some of the herbs and throw out any that were wilted or too dried out to be of any use. With the upcoming swap of the children she wanted to be prepared for any mishaps that may befall their visitors, or for infections among her fellow Backwater wolves that the mountain wolves may accidentally bring with them.

The scent of her last remaining child had Clover veering off course. The sprucing up could wait - taking time out of her day for her son was objectively more important than some early spring cleaning. Her paws brought her towards the winding creek, unfrozen and burbling quietly as the water gently swept by. Oli's tall and lanky frame was unmissable, and she woofed softly to alert him to her presence, if he was not already aware of her based on his attentive stance.

"Oli," she said affectionately with a warm smile, "hope I'm not interrupting anything?"
Oleander Valle
His right ear turned to one side but when it returned forward, he heard her. A low woof that could only belong to Clover. Oleander glanced over his shoulder before spinning about to face her. "Mama," he greeted with a sway of his bottlebrush tail.

"Interrupting?" he echoed with a shake of his head, "Never." A small smile graced his pale maw and he moved forward to duck his head beneath her chin. A little 'boop' of his nose to hers before he pulled away into a play bow and then a full settle. Another over-the-top display of reverence. His tail swept from one side to the other over the bank behind him. "I was just thinking of what to do today."

He peered into her face, eyes narrowing as he quirked his whiskered brows, "Wait... You don't usually come by this way." His nose wrinkled for a moment, suddenly suspicious, "Am I in trouble?"
they say pray it away, i swear,
OLEANDER VALLE
that I'll never be a saint, no way
Played by Melorama who has 386 posts.
Dead Empress Backwater III. Medic
Clover Assana
He greeted her warmly, and she returned it with just as much affection in turn. It was good to see he still had the ability to smile, even if it was a tad lackluster. But she couldn't fault him for that. His life had been a tumultuous one so far, and try as she might she didn't know what to do except keep moving and hope things eased up with time.

She glanced at the burbling creek for a moment, wondering what it was he had been thinking of doing. Perhaps a bit of fishing? Though if he wanted help she was probably the last wolf he should ask as her fishing skills were quite... abysmal at best.

Clover shook her head at his apprehensiveness, still smiling warmly at him. "No of course not dear. I was on my way to do a bit of cleaning in the infirmary when I caught your scent." If he was in trouble he would know it, but it took a great deal for her to have to put her paw down and do some disciplining.

"I thought we could maybe do something together. It's been too long since we had some fun, just you and I." It didn't even matter what they got up to, simply spending time with Oli was enough for her, especially to get away from the stresses of co-leading.
Oleander Valle
"No of course not dear," she assured him. Well, it didn't hurt to ask. If anything, she had been on her way to the infirmary when she stumbled upon his trail. Then, the unexpected: "I thought we could maybe do something together." Oleander's heart fluttered in his chest. "It's been too long since we had some fun, just you and I." His tail dared to lift in a cautious but hopeful wag.

"Aw, Mama," he beamed at her, the position and openness of his ears giving away his excitement. "Yeah, I'd love that. What'd you have in mind?" He looked out across the wintery stream and beyond it before musing, "Maybe... some scavenging?" As much as he wanted to actually say 'treasure hunting,' he thought against it. He very much wanted to appear more mature in the eyes of his mother. "Or, did you need some help in the infirmary?"
they say pray it away, i swear,
OLEANDER VALLE
that I'll never be a saint, no way