(See All?) Announcements
573 Users Online
Bing, Google

Now the day bleeds [Jethro] — Kingsfall 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by WildFlower who has 84 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Luca Denahi

Luca's friendly expression dropped, and he looked away for a moment sighing. He felt guilty for leaving his family but he did not regret the decision. He brought his gaze to Jethro, deciding to answer the question out of politeness, "I haven't fully come to understand my decision if I'm honest. The artic is a harsh life and while food can be sparse, I still had everything my heart ever needed or wanted. My family is a tight-knit, loving, sort of pack. For some reason, even though it's all I've ever known, I yearned for more. I tried to push the feeling down and be there to help my Ma and Pop. In the end, I don't know...I belong there...but I also don't. I want to live a life that feels more true to me, and not in the footsteps of my parents."

I sound like a deserter who left his family to fend for themselves. He sighed looking down at his paws. The shame he felt was evident on his soft features.

Co-lead? Not mate? His brows furrowed in confusion. Luca lowered his head respectfully, "My apologies, I did not realize you were a leader. I'm unsure of your customs so if I've been rude in any way I am sincerely sorry." His tone was the same friendly note it almost always was, however, an effort to sound more formal was given.

"Speak" Think Walk

(This post was last modified: Mar 06, 2023, 11:26 PM by Luca.)
Played by Molo who has 474 posts.
Paradise Falls XII. Subordinate
Jethrᴏ Kane
The question elicited a look of reluctance, and perhaps pain, on the part of his companion. For a moment, Jethro thought perhaps he wasn’t going to get an answer. And he would’ve been alright with that, but Luca decided to elaborate. And he listened, ears turned forth curiously, respectfully.

The dark one could understand, even empathize with the other. And he smiled softly, hopefully comfortingly. The answer had provided more than enough insight. Enough for Jet to feel at ease with the man. ”I understand feelin’ that way. Before the falls, I was part of another group too, where I had almost everythin’. But I wanted to lead. Build somethin’ of my own. Can’t fault ya for wantin’ something similar. Felt bad about leavin’ for a while, too. But in the end, we also all gotta do what’s right for ourselves, too.”

He wasn’t going to judge this man for doing that nor condemn him. Jethro had no place to. The dark one also shook his head to the apology.

”No need. Y’had no way of knowing without me tellin’ you. Thought you ought to see who I was first, before findin’ out what I was.” That way Luca could judge him based on character, and not simply because he held a certain title. Similarly, not divulging that information also allowed Jet to probe without someone defaulting to respect the leader mode.

”If you’re still interested in seein’ our home, I could take you there. Or if you’re not sure.. not ready, y’know where we are now. I’d be glad to show ya around any time.” Jethro wasn’t going to pressure the other man, either. It would be nice to have another wolf as part of their group. To bolster numbers, but that was Luca’s decision alone to make.
Played by WildFlower who has 84 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Luca Denahi
Feel free to fade or keep going :)

The male listened quietly, pondering what Jethro told him. Part of him thought it sounded selfish, to do right by ones self, another felt relief. This man understood the emotions and had been through similar. The corners of Luca's lips tugged back up into a small smile. He waved his tail as a way of showing gratitude.

The darker wolf told him he didn't need to apologize, but it was the next few words that stuck out to him. He cocked his head slightly. "I like that, who I am, before what I am." He responded back repeating the words. They'd sounded fitting like a quote passed down from another.

His ears perked forward at the invitation. Am I ready? He thought to himself, feeling hesitant. Joining Paradise Falls felt like agreeing to give up on finding his brothers. Still, as Jethro had said, we also all gotta do what's right for ourselves, too. He didn't know what was right for himself, but he was certain that being alone was wrong. He missed the company of a pack and wanted someone to talk to, hunt with, and lounge about sharing stories.

"I would be honored"

Played by Molo who has 474 posts.
Paradise Falls XII. Subordinate
Jethrᴏ Kane
Jet permitted himself another wry smile as the other claimed he liked the whole who I am before what I am bit. It was arguably the best way to judge someone’s intent and character. Which were the things that mattered the most. The content of one’s character, their intentions, were far more important than what position they held or didn’t.

The dark one offered another nod as the other proclaimed he’d be honored. With a smile, Jethro stood and inclined his head a little. ”Glad to have ya. This way, then.”

Even if Luca didn’t end up staying with their group for the long haul, having someone else around even for the next several months would be helpful. It would be foolish to turn away help for however long he could get it. And hypocritical of him to expect the man to commit his life to it. Selfishly, though, Jethro was glad he’d have another male around to speak with.

--fade!