(See All?) Announcements
466 Users Online
Bing, Google

Let the water turn red — Bramble Falls 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Switch who has 960 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
    Why do they think I never change, they're the ones that stay the same.

Hunting in hopes of filling his stomach, he was near the edge of the Sacred Grove investigating a couple holes for lunch prospects. He'd only just stuck his head into the darkness snufffling at the woodchuck scent when a deep toned howl echoed off the trees. Pulling his head out, he raised his neck while his ears perked forward listening to the call. They sounded urgent for a River wolf, but Triell had never heard this voice before. None the less something was wrong.

Pinpointing the call somewhere at Bramble Falls, he swiftly picked up his legs, propelling himself onward with what strength he had. He was afraid the call meant a pack mate of his was in trouble. Why else would a stranger call? Who, he couldn't say. When he reached the seen he would faintly remember Finn at the meeting. She was covered in blood. The coppery aroma was strong, whipping in his nostrils, threatening to gag him. It did not quite reek of death, but there was a lot on the smaller she-wolf. He looked to the large male, assuming he'd been the one who called. He crouched near Finn, not knowing her, but the ties of being both River wolves had him eager to help. "Finn?" He called, reaching down to lick her nose. Questions may come later, right now he needed to act. He needed some ergot, but that was likely in the Thicket or the Fireweed both very far away. Naira, he was no idea where she was or if she had any. She did have her old medical den. Taking her to Swift River seemed stupid. His golden orange tinted eyes shift to her wounds. He turned to the brute, "I might be able to get something to help her. We need to clean her up, keep her awake, keep her head up. "

[Image: triellpix_by_euphoriclies-d98abbc.png]
are you with me through it all?
[Image: cad_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amr.png]
Played by Siki who has 301 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Marsh Barrew
So this might make things a little different if/when you appear in our Ice/Marsh thread, but hey, it doesn't matter.

Also, Bridget - it's okay that I have Marsh relatively familiar with Finn? Since she's been in the pack for quite a while now :) And... was Jedd in GH when this happened?

<blockquote>Aside from hunting, Marsh did not spend much time outside of Swift River territory; what was the need? He couldn't protect anybody if he was off galavanting across the countryside.

But that weak howl, Finn's howl, fluttered at the edge of his hearing and caught his attention. Moments later, another rang out, uttered by a perfect stranger but delivering an urgent message, took him beyond the borders with great haste.

It had been a long time since his last visit to the waterfall, but as he approached, certain that the summons had originated there, his paws fell onto well-trodden paths, the scenery familiar and comforting. He felt safe here - but perhaps that was not appropriate. He was not a swift wolf, but had set for himself a steady pace, and old age was doing nothing to dent his stamina; his head low to the ground to better anticipate what was waiting for him, he was barely tired by the time the sight of three wolves emerged before him.

There was no time for asking questions first - <i>not</i> that it was particularly Marsh's style, anyway - and the Second bristled with anger as he strode forwards, the smell of blood in the air, the sight of a wounded Finn. He registered Triell, and was glad for the boy's presence, but this stranger - well, the only thing which prevented him from all-out lunging at the unknown male who hovered over his packmate was the fact that there had been a second howl, the howl of a stranger.

It did not stop him from charging forwards, teeth bared and tail held high, with the intention of planting himself firmly between Finn and the world - the stranger included. Triell could calm her down, talk to her, do all the things Marsh couldn't. He would analyse the situation more soon - but the safety of his packmate was the priority right now, and if there was any possibility that this large timber male was at fault, well, Finn would get her justice right here and now.</blockquote>
Played by Bridget who has 90 posts.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Finn Millinae

"Why didn't he just kill me?"

This question slipped from Finn's maw in a whisper. Her lids were at half-mast
now, looking at Marsh and Triell who had just arrived. She felt the soft swipe of
Triell's tongue across her nose, and a slight amount of relief came over her. She
was glad her packmates had come, but what were they to do?

With the arrival of Marsh, there was the raising of fur; the baring of teeth. Breathing
was becoming more of a difficult task now, and she watched as Marsh's eyes locked
onto Ash. "Friend" was all that came from her mouth. She did not wish to
speak in full sentences, but instead focus on her breathing.

The stench of her own blood was becoming overwhelming to her. How much had she
lost? Her pelt was soaked, the crimson color overtaking her silver-gray hues. It was
terrifying; she had never been injured like this before. The question whirred through her
mind once more- Why didn't he just kill me?
(This post was last modified: Apr 25, 2012, 05:36 PM by Finn.)
"If a man knows anything, he ought to die with it in him."
Played by Lightning who has 584 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ash Hervok
The male's worried eyes continued to roam Finn and when two wolves from her pack arrived he did nothing threatening, he just stood there quietly watching and listeneing. Wondering if he could possibly do anything. One of the male's from her pack approched her, licking her on the nose and the only thing that was stopping him from jumping on him and ripping his fur off was that Finn was injured. Small, pretty Finn. The other male, who was bigger than himself stalked over to him, teeth bared and fur bristling. Ash lowered his ears slightly catching Finn's small, friend. His green eyes flickered over to Finn worry evident in them.

The scent of blood was getting worse, making Ash's fur stand on end, "What can we do? Should we call a healer from yet another pack? Unless one of you know how to heal well!" The anxiety was getting worse within Ash, he didn't want the wolf he liked dying. He knew his sister had become a healer. A very good one at that, but he still had not met her, maybe one of these wolf's had.

((OOC:Perhaps Triell could call Nina to help? They slightly know each other so Nina could help Finn. It would be fun getting Nina and Ash in the same thread, while it wouldn't be boring because it wouldn't just be the two of them. Only what you perfer though.))
I think I've finally seen the light..in you.
Played by Lightning who has 1,043 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok
The day was a peaceful one and the sun was shining overhead, at least where she was. Today Nina had decided to wander into the falls. Just for a little bit, for a little peaceful time, but then she found something. Something that was rare in the area of concentration she was in, in her denning location. Some thyme..thank Goddess they had the herbs growing somewhere in the area. The golden brown beauty had been laying around picking from the bus for some time now, when out of the blue came a howl, a distressed one. Now Nina had been grateful that she had finally gotten a day off but this male wolf, from the sounds of it, was going to prove her wrong. With a sigh and shake of her head, herbs held firmly in her mouth, the emerald eyed lady took off in the direction of the howl. Before she even got to the area the scent of blood was heavy in the air, masking the scents of other wolves. All she could smell was blood, and that was the thing that made the speedy female run faster.

Now he training was kicking in and something was obviously wrong. She finally arrived in the clearing to see one small wolf, lying on the ground, beat up and bloody. Looks like she got into a fight.  Three other males were already here, one of the three she already knew. Triell...he was here...most likely a package from what she could smell, but she couldn't be sure quite yet, the scent of blood was still too strong.  The largest male of the three was blocking another wolf, as if shielding the female from him, but Nina's ears did catch the strangled, 'friend' that came out of her mouth. Now was time for action and she would have to move fast. It was quite a shame she hadn't thought to bring any of her materials. 

Rushing over next to Triell she nodded her head at the male, her once soft-spoken voice now strong and determined, "Triell, you need to trust me right now. I need leaves, cobwebs, moss, anything you can find to stop bleeding. I also need willow branch and a few other things, but I believe your two friends can help me with that." The golden beauty was now serious, no sign of fear in her face. She was used to handling these kinds of things. The only thing she needed right now, was an assistant to at least know what herbs she was talking about.
It seems when you're around, my life is complete.
Played by Siki who has 301 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Marsh Barrew
<blockquote>Though the stranger did not bow back to an entirely satisfactory degree, Marsh did not miss the weak declaration of 'friend'. It was to Finn's (and the stranger's) benefit that she had been so brief; a more wordy description may have escaped Marsh's comprehension altogether. Thoroughly unhappy with the situation, the Second nevertheless accepted that this was not Finn's attacker. There was a small amount of her blood on his nose, but nothing around his jaws. Marsh was not a fool.

That didn't make him naive, either. Just because this beast hadn't gotten his teeth dirty didn't mean he was innocent. Marsh stepped back, but kept his steel eyes focused on the stranger, the threat always in his expression and posture. The wolf spoke then, rushed and with anxiety, and the speed of his words let them fly over the copper brute's skull. Triell would be able to deal with responding to that; it wasn't Marsh's job.

With a last, quiet growl, Marsh tore his eyes away, stepping briefly to Finn to lower his nose and offer her a comforting lick to the cheek. She was hurting and would need help, but she was safe now. Her Second would not allow further harm to come to her. The arrival of another wolf was, understandably, another kick to his nerves, and he automatically took a warning step to the female as she rushed over to Triell. It was clear, though, that the two knew one another, and Marsh trusted the boy's judgement. All this commotion was just making him agitated, though. With a huff, he went to plonk his backside down beside Finn, acting as bodyguard for now. He interspersed glaring darkly at the two unknowns with glancing questioningly at Triell, who would need to take charge of sorting out the rabble. What stake did the loners have in this anyway? Stupid creatures, overcomplicating everything and stressing him out.</blockquote>
Played by Bridget who has 90 posts.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Finn Millinae

Hello, is there anybody in there?

The wolves around her were becoming a blur. Canvases of mixed colors filled her eyes, and her jaws widened in confusion. The gentle lick from Marsh was comforting, but did nothing to suspend the horror that was unfolding before her. Voices rang through her ears, slowly drowning out. Her body beckoned her to slip into rest, but she did not want to. As much as it pained her so, she wanted to know what would be done to help her. Faintly, she heard a woman call out random items, and assumed they would be used for her. "How bad?" her voice gently questioned, waiting for a reply from anyone, really.

Just nod if you can hear me....

She was fluttering between darkness and the light. Should she obey her body's command, and rest? Was it taking away from here to stay awake? Her breathing began to slow as she relaxed her body, letting herself go. There was no point in denying what her body was choosing for her. She had to obey, for it was best for her survival. With a flicker or her lids, Finn closed her eyes, allowing herself to slip into an unconscious state.

Is there anyone home?
"If a man knows anything, he ought to die with it in him."
Played by Switch who has 960 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
    If I go crazy then will you still call me superman?

In most situations the dark Tainn could keep his cool. Now he was merely trying to keep the pieces of himself composed, while trying to grab some information that would help him help Finn. Thankfully he was not the only one who had heard the call, Marsh, his friend arrived on the seen. There was a heavy weight on Triell's shoulder, seeing the dark chestnut face made him feel he could do this. He did not really care he was chasing Ash away. Triell wasn't sure he trusted him either, at the same time how much did he know Finn.

Wishing he's thoughts would stop, it was Finn who broke the chaotic mess of his mind. "Friend." Triell knew she meant the strange male Marsh was intent on putting space away. It was almost too much to see Finn bleeding to death, and to explain to Marsh he should yet attack the male. At the same time when the brute lashed out, it was enough Triell's own furred bristled. Just push me, he thought, I will bite you. Maybe Marsh had the right idea. He was about to run back to the Naira's old den hoping to find some ergot when Nina arrived. This time he was happy to see her, she would know what to do and took charge.

She did not need to add he should trust her, she had already had it to a point, and he nodded at what she had said. He could get those things. "I'll get the spiderweb, and I was actually going to see if I might find some ergot," he responded turning to the other brute, "You, there's willow near the stream over there. Get that if you want to prove you care and we should not skin you here, and the damn leaves." There was a roughness when he spoke to the other male, a warning he could easily snap at him. He turned to Marsh, "I'll be quick." Surely he'd understand that, and Triell didn't doubt he would protect Finn.

Then he ran. Fast, and nimble pushing his muscles to lead him to Naira's old medical den. When he sorted out she the few things she'd left, he was lucky to find just what he needed. A brand new spiderweb, and the remedy for Finn. Uncertain how the spiderweb would help, he picked up the ergot and wrapped the silky mess around it's end. Away he was running, his lungs and limbs burning for rest once he made it back to the fallen wolf. He dropped them at Nina's paws, and stood huffing and puffing ready for more instruction.

[Image: triellpix_by_euphoriclies-d98abbc.png]
are you with me through it all?
[Image: cad_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amr.png]
Played by Lightning who has 584 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ash Hervok
OOC: Posting order? Ash, Nina, Marsh, Finn, Triell?

Soon enough after a frazzled bit another female arrived, Copper Rock Creek from the smell of it. She was a healer apparently and the name, Nina, flashed through his head but he couldn't be sure though. She was a little lady, not as small as Finn but small none the less, but she was smart. Shockingly the female started barking out commands as if she were alpha female. At the moment he could care less though, Finn was in danger. But if this was Nina, then this could be his chance, to finally get rid of her, but wasn't that why Finn was here in the first place? Because of her damned sibling. Before he knew it the wolf, Triell, the golden female had called him, told him to go fetch leaves and willow near the river. Just as he said so Finn lost her conscious and that was when Ash snapped into Guardian mode. Nodding his head briefly at the large, black male he took off in the direction the other wolf had pointed him in. 

The only problem was, when the brown brute got there he had no clue what he was looking for. He was completely clueless. As his eyes scanned the stream nearby he grabbed a few leaves and flowers, only hoping that they were the right ones. He slightly remembered the female saying to get as many things to stop the bleeding as possible; with a few more tugs of leaves, his mouth full, the male pounded towards where he had just left the small group. Almost barreling into the oldest male who had blocked him, Ash scoffed and moved around him dropping the materials he had brought with him in front of the female. "Is there anything else? Did I at least get the right thing?" Now that he was up close to the female he saw her eyes...they were emerald, the Hervok green, they looked almost identical to his father's eyes. Maybe it was her....but he knew now was not the time to find out.
I think I've finally seen the light..in you.
Played by Lightning who has 1,043 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok
Though her concentration was on the task in front of her she didn't miss the warning from the other male who had rushed over to her as soon as she approached the scene. The golden brown female hovered over Finn as if she were being territorial over something, but the other male, who seemed much older than herself took on the role as well.  Blinking her eyes at the small silver wolf in front of her she watched as slight unease settled in her stomach. The she-wolf was fading away from the world, away from reality, and away from being saved. Soon enough Triell came crashing through the bushes, mouth full with cobwebs and ergot which she thought slightly smelt like Niara, but she couldn't be sure. Good, Nina thought to herself, at least I know he has a brain. Nodding at Triell in approval she didnt wait, but just as she opened her jaws to speak another voice interrupted her, one that came crashing through the brush, quite ungracefully, she might add. The other male that she had met earlier hurried over to her setting down some leaves and, were those flowers?

Agitation made its way into Nina's head and a small growl erupted through her. Her quick eyes snapped to Triell, "Go get me some willow. I have thyme already so I don't need that." Turning her attention back to her patient she knew that she could now thank Niara for teaching her that her own health was important as well. Snapping at the brown brute she said, "You try to keep her awake and prop her head up slightly." Though the female was already unconscious the male seemed determined to help and the only way she could think of him helping was getting out of her way. Grabbing some of the spiderwebs that Triell had gathered she quickly started to work on stopping bleeding. As she did she spoke to the older male, "Help me stop the bleeding. It'll make the process less painful for her and it'll make my job much easier." Though she wasn't one to show high dominance and command others around she was obviously doing so now, most likely because another wolf's life was on her paws, once again. 
It seems when you're around, my life is complete.