(See All?) Announcements
489 Users Online
Bing, Google, Magg

this is the last song that I write while you're even on my mind — Dead Empress Backwater 
Print · · Subscribe · 6 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 160 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kateri Vuesain-Slayer
There were so many things going through her mind. She knew they had done something wrong and that it deserved a punishment. The question was how far would Viorel go. She'd tried not to ruffle anyone's feathers in an effort to protect her place in the pack and not be sent away. Her gaze shifted slightly to glance at Eros as he came to watch the spectical. She wanted to believe that he had good intentions but something about the way he sat there told differently. Her attention returned to Vi as he spoke suggesting something that was utterly preposterous. How could he think something like that of his son.

Kateri also took notice of Clovers arrival. Kateri hoped the good natured woman could help Vi to calm down and think this through. That maybe she woukd he on their side and could talk some sense into the leader. As she had hoped Clover did speak in their favor and that gave her hope that maybe it wouldn't be so bad for them. Archer was trying to explain again and apologize. Kateri really hoped he might be getting somewhere with his father but she couldn't tell.

The Slayer girl looked at the ground in front of her paws. She felt that she had to say something that might help the situation. She finally looked up at the leaders and took a breath. "I know that what we did was wrong. I will accept any punishment you see fit to give me without a fight." She looked back at Archer apologetically knowing he wasn't going to like what she said next. Then she returned her gaze back to the leaders. "But Archer is your son and I know that you still love him despite how angry you are at him. I also understand that you made things very clear to him before this happened. You both have every right to be angry with us and we both accept that but please take mercy on him. The Backwater is where he belongs with his family."

She of course didn't want to be cast out without Archer if that what was to happen. She also didn't want him to have to go through life without his family. She knew how important they were to him. She'd made her choices and she lived with them everyday.

"I would like to say one more thing," she added meeting Vi's gaze because this was only meant for him. "After my father died you became like a father to me. You all have helped me to feel at home here and I know I messed that up. I'm really sorry for that. I just wanted you to know that you're important to me. All of you are." She wanted to make sure that they all knew how she felt before she wouldn't have the chance to say it.
Played by Ghost who has 628 posts.
Dead Empress Backwater I. Leader
Viorel Valle

The children could not even give a plan of how they were going to take care of their own kids, or an explanation for why they had done what they had done. They only had long repeated apologies and that they didn’t mean it. Viorel was only partially aware that Eros had joined them silently, and he jerked to look at Clover as she spoke her piece. For her and for only her he softened ever so slightly and blinked at her. For a moment sadness was clear in his eyes, before it vanished behind the mask of anger again.

Kateri had more apologies and claimed that he had become like a father to her. Unfortunately, this did not have the effect she was surely hoping it would, it only made the sting and the anger worse. He was like a father to her and she had disobeyed him anyways. Nodding once, then a second time after Clover had spoken.

He let out a long slow exhale and then nodded a third time. His voice was now even, it was firm but it was calm, ”Fine. Because these will be children born from children, and because they will be my grandchildren I will give Kateri a choice.” He paused, looking sideways to Clover, sure she was not going to like what he was about to say, yet she claimed she would support anything. Growing taller once more he gave the ultimatum, ”Kateri you can leave now, or you can stay until the children are born and then you must go and leave them behind to be raised by the Backwater.” He looked coolly upon his son, ”Archer you are to leave today. As soon as we are done here you will no longer be welcome back in Dead Empress Backwater.” And that was final.

(This post was last modified: Mar 26, 2023, 09:08 PM by Viorel.)
[Image: s38i5ZS.png]
Played by Flywolf who has 320 posts.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Archer Valle

Archer Valle

It took everything in Archer not to tell Kateri to hush, to let him take what was meant to be his alone to bear. His da's eyes softened when he looked to Clover and for a moment he thought their apologies and posturing had worked. But then judgement came.

If Viorel had merely demanded he go, he would have done so quietly, but he didn't. He gave Kateri two awful choices. Archer selfishly wanted her to come with him, so they might raise their children together - but it would be better for her here. He would have begged her to stay has Viorel not added that their children would be raised by the Backwater, both their parents banished.

The anger from the night before that had been stirring in his chest rose in full force. Perhaps it was because he'd convinced himself Viorel would soften the punishment. Perhaps it was the threat of yet more loss. Perhaps it was just because of grief and he didn't know how to process it. Archer drew himself up to his full height and snarled at Viorel. "I have done everything you've ever asked of me. I have stayed by your side when everyone else left. I am the only one of your children who has never started, who has never abandoned you. I made this one mistake. I have apologized for it. I would have done anything you wanted to make up for it. I lost them too, and I wanted to grieve with someone, but you have been empty! You have been a shell! You abandoned the rest of us too! I've been doing my best to serve you."

Archer took a deep breath and looked to Kateri, voice softening "Both of your options are terrible. Do what you think is best, and I will he waiting for you when you come." He looked back to Viorel, eyes blazing. "He can't get his own children to stay, so I guess he has to steal someone else's. No wonder ma left. Modesto was right. The name of Valle is dirtied; I will no longer claim it, and you will never see my face again."

He turned away only to place a gentle kiss on Kateri's cheek and softly say, "I love you. I'll wait for you at Bramble Falls." No matter how long it took.

Without another word, Archer marched over the border without looking back.

Exit unless physically stopped

[size=x-small]Archer is very haggard and thin; it is obvious he is not doing well.
Played by Kai who has 160 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kateri Vuesain-Slayer
Kateri had rallied as hard as she could so that Archer might be able to stay with his family. She knew he had tried to hush her but she could only think of what was best for him. She would be lying if she said she didn't want it all to work out. She would love for her children to grow up in the backwater with all those who'd made her feel so welcome. Until this moment she'd believed they had all loved her to some extent.

She knew what time it was before Vi even started to speak. They'd been given a chance to plead their case but in the end it had been pointless. Vi hadn't considered anything that she or Archer had said. Instead it was Clovers words that seemed to have affected him and not in the way one might think. Instead she was given a choice between two options. Both of them sucked and ended with the same fate, banishment.

Archer hadn't stood a chance. His banishment would be immediate. Kateri's gaze snapped to her friend. His anger boiled over at that point and all Kateri could do was watch. It wasn't like he could dig his grave any deeper. It seemed as far as Vi was concerned Archer was already dead.

Kateri looked into Archers eyes as he spoke to her and nodded as he told her where to meet him. She watched him go for a moment before turning back to Vi. "It would seem their father has made the decision seeing as he is no longer a Valle they are no longer your grandchildren. Besides what makes you think I would give my children to you? The one who took their parents from them. Your grief has made you cruel Vi and I think you should consider that before you truly are left alone with only your bitter, angry thoughts to survive on if they don't eat you alive first. My choice is to leave now with Archer and to keep my children."

Kateri turned without another word to any of them and followed the path Archer had taken. In a way it was freeing and in another she regretted the simmering she had done. They were going to get thrown out one way or another. At least now they didn't have to answer to anyone but each other.

Kateri's exit unless physically stopped as well.
(This post was last modified: Mar 26, 2023, 03:45 AM by Kateri.)
Played by Cade who has 496 posts.
Dead Empress Backwater II. Leader
Eros Valle
Eros looked up briefly when he heard someone else arrived, glossy eyes watching his Ma stand to address them as well. Think of the children, she said. Why hadn't their parents done as much? Anyways, it wasn't as though they were being tossed into a wasteland. They had other family spread all across the Lore, packs that would probably take them in especially when they were so determined to make Viorel the villain in this. Eros would have never thought he would need to take his father's side over his brother's, but then he never thought that Archer would do so much to hurt all of them either.

This was on them, no matter the lies they told.

His eyes squeezed shut, frustration and betrayal and renewed grief making them burn with tears. The only thing either would insist was that they were just trying to sit together and seemed to still think the only thing they'd done wrong was forgo asking permission. There was no recognition of the true gravity of the situation they had created, of how much pain they were causing and would continue to bring. All of it was like knives to his heart. Archer had never been so daft, so careless before Kateri had come to live with them but apparently wolves really did change, their priorities changed.

Kateri started speaking more, and Eros couldn't help but continue to silently disagree. If Archer really wanted this to be his home, he wouldn't have risked it just to get inside of her. If he really loved his family, he wouldn't have let them all go and then continued to seek out only Kateri for 'comfort.' The same was true for her as well. Repeat themselves all they wanted, actions spoke louder than words.

Viorel gave his judgment when they had quieted, and the tears began to flood down his cheeks. His fangs grit against a sob. He knew his sibling's anger was coming, could feel it in his bones that while this didn't have to be a severance of their bond, it clearly was. Then Archer drove in the final nails.

His words dug at Eros as well, making clear claims against his own worth and loyalty to the family. His pale eyes snapped open wide, seething with rage once more. Reminded that Archer had always kept quiet when their dad was unfair, only bolstering Eros when the adults were gone. Was that what he was claiming had been so angelic of himself? Was he still insisting that Eros' search for their stolen mother had been abandonment? He blamed their father for grieving their sisters, pulled at each and every scab as he hissed to Kateri, forsook them all and then she gave a volley.

Eros tore forward, stopping shoulder-to-shoulder with his dad and giving out a vicious snarl. Demanding this stop, but it wouldn't. She too strove to hurt the man she'd claimed to call a father figure as deeply as she could.

"Fuck you!" he would shout at them as they turned their backs, voice cracking with the surge of emotions that were drowning him. His sobs were audible now, unable to be restrained. The wolf he had trusted most had hurt him the deepest he'd ever been, and he knew his view of others would never be the same again.
(This post was last modified: Mar 26, 2023, 04:13 AM by Eros.)
Played by Ghost who has 628 posts.
Dead Empress Backwater I. Leader
Viorel Valle

Maybe the leader would have reacted with anger at the teens words as they hurled insults left and right. He physically had to bite his tongue from reminding Archer that he wasn’t the only one Vanadis had left behind, when was the last time he had heard from her? It was only the fact that he was aware of Eros’ presence that he kept himself from saying the words, knowing it would hurt his other son just as deeply. Instead he was silent and just took their lashing.

Kateri continued on, claiming they were not his grandchildren and that he was becoming cruel in his grief. Again he restrained himself from insinuating that at least his grief had not turned him into an idiotic slut like it had done to them. The thought of it brought an odd glint to his eye, after all, why would a king be bothered by the opinion of beggars? Eros cried out from his side, but he only nodded only final time, ”Very well. Your children will always be welcome here when you fail.” He watched them both retreat into the snowy landscape before adjusting his posturing.

His body deflated, and he pulled Eros close to him if the teen would allow. Ready to hold his son while he sobbed until he was ready to go back into their home.

I believe this thread is ready to fade on Eros' post?
[Image: s38i5ZS.png]
Played by Melorama who has 386 posts.
Dead Empress Backwater III. Medic
Clover Assana
Archer and Kateri did their best to appease Viorel, and she met his gaze as her co-leader looked sideways at her. For a moment she thought he would ease up on the punishment, but the hard-set line of his brow and tall posture told her otherwise. At the very least he took her words into consideration which was all she had hoped he would do, even if his decision did leave her shocked. Not quite to the point where he mouth gaped open in surprise, but enough that her eyes widened as she turned her head to look at the two yearlings.

She stayed quiet through the entire exchange, feeling as if any input she had was not necessary to add, but continuing to stand beside Viorel to show she was supporting his decision, even if it was not the one she would have made had it fallen onto her to make it. Before she knew it Archer was storming off, disowning the Valle name in the process. Kateri's words further twisted the sadness in Clover's heart before she, too, left to follow Archer beyond pack lands.

Clover stared after their retreating forms silently, struggling to process what had just happened. Eros' sobs had her finally turning her head in time to see Viorel cradling the boy close to his body. For once she did not have any words of comfort to give, and so simply moved closer to rest her cheek against Viorel's shoulder, letting her side brush up against Eros to try and provide any sort of physical comfort if he allowed it. There was nothing she could say to make either of them feel better, but that didn't mean she wouldn't try anything at all.

She would continue to stay in that position until either Eros or Viorel were ready to move, feeling that leaving them to go grieve the loss of her student and pseudo-son on her own would be in poor taste.

Clover's 'exit' for the thread
Played by Cade who has 496 posts.
Dead Empress Backwater II. Leader
Eros Valle
Eros gladly accepted the comfort of his two remaining parents, unable to hold back any of the upset tearing and ripping at his insides. Eventually, it would begin to numb. Eventually, all he would let himself feel would be quiet anger. Whether he wanted to or not, life would force him to move on, but damned if he would repeat the mistakes that had lead him onto this path to begin with.

He would pull away, and try to dry his cheeks while sniffling. They needed him too, also inflicted with far more hurt than they ever should have had to bear. Eros would walk between them, leaning his weight from Viorel's side into Clover's and then back again infrequently, present as a silent comfort for both of them as they returned to a home that would now always feel just a little bit emptier.