(See All?) Announcements
461 Users Online
Google, Bing, Apollo

disclosure — Willow Ridge 
Print · · Subscribe · 2 Loves ·
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 241 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Hagar
For @Avella only. @Niamh, @Nineve, @Daegal, and @Iseldir for reference.

The night had been a whirlwind, but by the time the sun dawned he had forced himself to come back down to earth. He fell into his usual routine, checking first on the children and then Avella before departing again to see to the security of this land they were striving to reclaim once more. Only when he knew that his duties had been met did he take time again for personal matters. The first to hear the news from him would be the Archer matriarch herself.

Following the pattern of naivety Hagar displayed, he expected she would be happy for him.

Hagar barked softly to get her attention once he'd found her again, tail wagging in a friendly manner while his green eyes were bright with renewed energy. These changes and talks had helped greatly to restore him thus far.

"Avella, do you have a moment to talk?"
(This post was last modified: Mar 25, 2023, 03:50 AM by Hagar.)
Played by Kai who has 345 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Avella Archer
It was morning and Avella knew she should be doing her leadership duties. Instead she'd found her way to her favorite Willow tree next to the creek that ran through the territory. There she laid down under its umbrella of branches to listen to the calming sound of the bubbling water. Since spring had returned to the lore she'd been spending a lot more time there. It was quiet and she could be left alone with her thoughts.

Her mood hadn't changed much in the past few days amd that scared her. Even though she'd been able to get some things out that she'd been keeping to herself. Avella was starting to think she was going to need more than talking to help her feel better. The question was what.

The masked woman raised her head from watching a small group of fish in the water when she heard Hagar's bark. Before she could respond with a bark of her own he was standing in front of her.

"I have more than a minute," she told him, "Your welcome to join me if you like."
Inactive Deceased
Hagar
Hagar smiled broadly at her welcome, and slipped into place beside her easily. He lowered onto his stomach a foot or so apart, angled slightly to be faced toward her. His heavy tail beat the ground.

"I have news that I wanted to share with you before anyone else," he spoke with mirth, eyes shining. He did not think to sidestep or otherwise beat around what this special event was, viewing it as a joy to be shared. There would certainly be plenty to discuss regarding it, but Avella could guide them through that with whatever queries she might have. Otherwise, his next priority would be to address the need to teach their children about this next step in life.

"It's unexpected, but... I have taken Niamh as my mate."
[Image: 2zvAVMd.png]
Inactive No Rank
Avella Archer
As always Avella was glad to have Hagar's company and looked forward to the moments they were able to share. She watched quietly as he settled in across from her. Since he was the one that had come to speak with her she waited for him to speak first.

As he spoke of wanting to share some news with her she couldn't help but notice that he seemed happy. "It must be important then," she commented before ge went on to tell her the news and it was everything in her not to frown. Avella didn't really know how to react to this news. It was so unexpected.

The only thing she could do was plaster a smile across her face and say, "Congratulations. I'm glad you've found someone that can make you happy."

She rose from her position under the tree. "I'm sorry Hagar. I just remembered. Daegal asked me to go hunting with him," she said as evenly as she could before turning to go.

Avella's exit unless stopped
Inactive Deceased
Hagar
There was something lackluster in her reply, and the sudden dismissal left him with raised brows and a slack jaw. His forehead then knit with confusion, and he was back on his paws jogging after her. He loved their children dearly as well, but could their son really not wait another five minutes for his parents to have this important conversation?

"Avella," he called as he caught up to her, moving to stand in front of her. Befuddlement continued to be clear across his features.

"We need to talk about this."

At the very least, he needed to know her wishes for how to handle the springtime conversation with their trio. More than that, he had wanted her to... care, he guessed?
Inactive No Rank
Avella Archer
Avella was doing her best to handle this like a true Archer, with dignity and grace. Dismissing herself from a conversation that she really didn't think sje could sit through. As she started to walk away she hoped her son wouldn't be too upset with her for using him as an excuse to get away. It was also sad to her that for the first time since meeting Hagar all she wanted to do was get away from him. It wasn't meant to be Though because he called out her name causing her to flinch.

She stopped just in time for him to come around in front of her, "I don't think there's anything to talk about. You're completely within your rights to take a mate. You should be happy and if she does that for you then I'm happy for you."

It pained her to say that last part but she felt it was what she should say.
Inactive Deceased
Hagar
Where Hagar was from, weddings were a celebration of life that the whole pack took part in. He knew that he did not have a full group with which to mark this grand event, but it was only here that his hopes of at least having a happy family to share with were fully dashed. This was not Avella when she was happy, no matter her smiles or words. If she were, she would have talked at length with him, rather than shutting down the conversation entirely.

I don't think there's anything to talk about.

He swallowed, regarded her a moment. Hagar did not know what he had done wrong yet again, for she would not communicate it with him. Perhaps, next Spring, it would finally come out. For now, the wolf would not needle or beg for more. His voice was flat when he spoke next.

"... the children need to be told, and taught about what Spring means. Do you want to do so with me, or no?"
(This post was last modified: Mar 30, 2023, 01:40 AM by Hagar.)
Inactive No Rank
Avella Archer
Avella didn't know what more could possibly be said. She knew she couldn't hear about how much he cared for Nimah or possibly even loved her. It was pretty clear that whatever they may have had he'd moved on from it. The best thing she could do now was try to move on herself. She couldn't help feeling disappointed in someone she cared about yet again. It left her wondering what she had done or worse what was wrong with her.

All she wanted to do was leave this conversation but she knew she couldn't. She had to stay a do the best that she could despite the tightening of her chest and lump in her throat. She fought back the tears that threatened to fall as he spoke of the children. Right they had to discuss the children.

"Of course. We can't keep them in the dark." The question was what would they do once they found out. "We're their parents and we should do it together," As much as she didn't want to hear this news again. "How do you think we should approach this with them?" She asked sitting back on her haunches. She truly had no idea. This was a first for her since she'd never had the talk about what happens in the spring. Maybe he had a better idea than she had.
Inactive Deceased
Hagar
Hagar was immensely relieved that rather than continue to try and escape, Avella was willing to at least discuss this point with him. His tail gave a singular wag, and his green eyes communicated gratitude. When it came to the triplets, he and she were still very much a team. The time when he would have deferred fatherhood to another male was long passed, no matter where Avella's future took her nor with who. Even if the pack always fell apart, the children would forever unite them. At least, in Hagar's view of the world.

When she asked how, he blinked, considered, and rolled his shoulders.

"Guess I hadn't considered anything other than the way my parents told my siblings and I," he confessed, though of course if Avella had any differing thoughts or traditions he would be very much willing to consider them. That she hadn't ever had to tackle a moment like this before did not occur to him.

"Their family is growing, in wonderful ways. One day, when they are ready, they too will be the ones to add to it."
(This post was last modified: Mar 31, 2023, 04:12 PM by Hagar.)
Inactive No Rank
Avella Archer
Avella sat back on her haunches to show that she was ready to discuss how to explain things to their children. She couldn't walk away from such a conversation because she wanted a say in what was told to them. Even though she didn't really have any idea how to bring the subject up to them she had some idea of what she wanted them to be told.

However, it wasn't just up to her. Despite whatever she might be feeling toward Hagar in that moment they were a team when it came to the children. She had to consult him as well. This was something they had to do together.

"How did your parents tell you?" She asked a note of curiosity in her voice. Maybe hearing how Hagar was told might help her to better know what to tell her own children.

"Then we can't let this pass. We have to make sure that they are well prepared and don't get the wrong idea about how things work." She wasn't sure she agreed with the rest of what he said but this she could agree with him on.