382 Users Online
Bing

I am not alone — Heartleaf Creek 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 160 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kateri Vuesain-Slayer
[Backdated to 6/8[/b] For @Archer

The more time that passed while she was in the backwater Kateri knew that she'd have to make a decision. The thing was that her life seemed so much simpler in the backwater. She didn't have to thunk about the things that had led to her leaving the cove in the first place. There were the worries about the drought and the amount of food, that she could handle. She had Archer in the Bavkwater too and she didn't really want to leave him.

The Slayer girl had started her excursion to go hunting but it had turned into time to think about her situation. There were a lot of things to sort out and perhaps a few moments to herself would help her to make that decision. She found herself at the dried creek bed. Though she'd only come to the backwater recently even she could see that there was supposed to be a creek there. It was dried up and cracking now, that mad her sad. She sat down at the edge, it wasn't the lake but maybe it would also work as a thinking place.
Played by Flywolf who has 336 posts.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Archer Valle

Archer Valle

Kateri hadn't been there long, but already Archer was growing used to her presence. He'd been ecstatic when she'd arrived at their borders, and more excited still with Da had agreed to let her stay despite the drought and the three extra mouths to feed. Archer could tell something was off, but she seemed to be doing okay so he decided not to ask. Maybe he was projecting his own familial turmoil onto her.

Today he was coming back from taking food to their guest mother when he spotted her sitting beside the creek - or, what used to be the creek. He quietly padded up beside her. "Hey Kat," he said quietly, not wanting to startle her. "May I join you?" He didn't often sit here - it made him sad to see the creek empty - but he wanted to spend time with Kat, if she would have him.

Archer is very haggard and thin; it is obvious he is not doing well.
Inactive No Rank
Kateri Vuesain-Slayer
Kateri had always thought that she'd never live anywhere but the cove but now things were different for her. With the birth of her new siblings that she didn't really have any desire to get to know she had found some peace in the backwater. Still she felt guilty for leaving her mother but Aquene had Nash and Moonshadow plus the three little homewreckers. She hadn't been happy in the cove for awhile and as she sat there next to the dried up creek this is where her thoughts kept returning.

She wasn't aware that she had company until she heard Archer's voice asking to join her. She turned her head to look at him a smile across her face, "Hey,I'd like that very much," she affirmed. She looked back out at the creek, "Do you think it will ever come back?" She asked talking about the water, "I mean I guess it would have to, right?" That was what made sense to her.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Archer Valle

Archer Valle

Archer smiled as his company was accepted and settled down next to her, close enough for their fur to brush but not quite pressed into her side. He wanted her to feel comfortable moving away if she so desired. He looked out over the creekbed like she was doing, musing over the water's absence. He understood what she meant by her question and he shrugged. "I hope so. Surely when the snow comes, it'll fill back up."

He wasn't looking forward to winter by any means, but at least they could eat the snow for water instead of travel to Bramble Falls all the time. It was getting exhausting and made his brother's idea weigh heavier on his mind. They would be better off located further down, for sure... he should talk to Kat about it, but how to approach her? He wasn't sure if she planned to return to the Cove some day or if by coming down she was marking her permanent exit from her birth pack.

Inactive No Rank
Kateri Vuesain-Slayer
Kateri had made a decision when she came to the backwater that she didn't regret. She knew that if she was going to start a new life away from the cove she was going to have to let go of the guilt. It was her right to do with her life what she wanted. She was a yearling now and could make decisions on her own. Her head turned to look at Archer as he sat next to her. She found that she liked having him close to her. "I can't see how it couldn't. I just hope we don't have to wait that long.I worry Archer about what will happen to us all if the water doesn't return."

She stood from the river bank,"Walk with me?" She asked. It was depressing sitting and looking at an empty river bed. She didn't want her time with him to be sad. Instead they could take a walk and talk about other happier topics. "Do you have a favorite place?" She asked with a slight tilt of her head and a smile. Maybe he'd like to show it to her.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Archer Valle

Archer Valle

Archer stared into the dry dust of the once lively riverbed, mind tumbling over the summer. His mind was sharply drawn back to the present when Kat stood, much to Archer's regret, until she invited him to walk with her. He quickly followed, nodding. "My Uncle showed me a secret place once, where I could go to sit by myself if my siblings ever got to be too much," he said. "I'll show you."

He led the way up the bank toward the pocket in the earth Vayko had showed him, nestled in the roots of a tree. He still went there sometimes, either searching for his uncle or his own solitude. Kat might enjoy the quiet there sometimes too - so long as she didn't share it with anyone else.

"Actually, I have a question for you," he said, pausing and looking back. Might as well just come out and ask rather than dither over the words.

Inactive No Rank
Kateri Vuesain-Slayer
Kateri pushed her worries about the water aside to focus on Archer. Whether or not the rains came they still had to live their lives. She hadn't come to the Backwater to sit and worry about water. She'd come for the friendship she hoped would happen between her and Archer. So she'd decided it was time to move on from the creek bed and get to know her companion better.

He offered to show her a secret place which made her smile. "I would be honored to see it," she told happy that he would trust her with such a thing. "Do you go there a lot Archer?" She asked curiously. Though she couldn't imagine him growing tired of his siblings. He was so kind and caring that he'd want to be with them as much as he could.

Her mismatched gaze turned to look at him when he said that he had a question for her. "You can ask me anything Archer so ask away." She was curious about the question he had but not worried. She never planned to keep anything from him.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Archer Valle

Archer Valle

Archer used to be good with words. He'd made sure of it, as a puppy. Carefully pronounced each new syllable to ensure he was learning them right. Now that he was older he was realizing just because he could say the words nicely didn't mean he knew how to arrange them nicely. His ears flicked in indecision. He'd already told Eros he was with him... but was Kateri?

"My brother talked to me about something... he wants to leave, start his own pack. Him, me, Seri... and you, if you'll come with us." he said. He felt the need to quickly add, "Not until the fall, not until the Backwater is okay and there's more water for these guys." He didn't want to just abandon his family, but... Eros had a point.

Inactive No Rank
Kateri Vuesain-Slayer
The Slayer girl was comfortable walking along next to Archer. Sometimes she wondered how she'd been lucky enough to make a friend like him. Others she was grateful to have him on her side. He was the only one she felt she could go to about anything and not recieve judgement. She didn't have to explain herself if she didn't want to but Kateri wouldn't lie to him.

He had a question for her. She didn't know what she was expecting but it wasn't what he asked of her. Eros wanted to leave and she was sure Archer would want to go with him brother. It didn't take her any thought though. "I'll go anywhere with you Archer," she told him, "If that means leaving the backwater to start a new pack then count me in." [/b]When they left wasn't of much importance to the Slayer girl. Sure she loved the wolves of the backwater just as she did in the cove. It was just that she had come for Archer.