500 Users Online
Bing, Google

To Wish Upon a Star — Whisper Marsh 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Katsuma who has 456 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vlarindara
<i>Current Temperature/Time:</i> 68/roughly 7pm. RANDOM EVENT THRAD! 8D

Vlarindara needed a break from Grizzly Hollow.. A place of peace to call her own. The night had dawned clear and warm, and it was then that the wolfess took her temporary leave from the bed of leaves that she had created outside the pack den. The wounds upon her shoulders that had been caused by Elettra were barely scabbed over - but they were healing. She hoped. Quietly, her large paws carried her towards the open marshlands that stood a short travel from Grizzly Hollow. Her ambered gaze had caught some strange light above the tretops of Cedarwood that she'd wanted a more.. open spanse of land to watch.

Little did she know the beauty of the event she was about to witness. Vlarindara cleared the expanse of the forest and trod towards the open waters of Whisper marsh. Upon her arrival, the glittering lights reflected off of the waters still surface and she gasped, eyes drawn skywards to follow the reflection in awe. It.. was beautiful. A smile curved her scarred muzzle as she took a few steps further into the clearing surrounding the small pools of the marsh until her paws sank into the spongy earth.

A few moments of silence passed as she stared at the skies above, the wind ruffling through her fur and leaving it further matted and tangled than it had been. For once, she didn't have to cower, crouch or prostrate herself upon the ground before the wolves of Grizzly Hollow. She didn't fear reprimand for some transgression either real or imagined from the members of the pack that lived above her. She could simply.. exist.. Could simply be. A quiet puff of air left her lips before she turned her attention downwards, to watch the reflection upon the waters in the dying light of day.

"Really, vlar.. Should you even go back?" She was doubting herself - doubting the pain the trouble that she caused the Hollow Wolves - the leadess especially. Because of her, or so she imagined, Jaysyek had lost not only a loyal second, but another pack member. It hurt her, to think that no matter what she did, or wherever she went she caused harm and trouble. Another sigh slipped form her lips before she stepped towards the clear waters of the Marsh and lowered her head to drink, watching in an odd fascination as her tongue caused ripples that destroyed the beauty of the reflection on the waters surface.

table by katsuma
(This post was last modified: Apr 29, 2012, 06:17 PM by Corinna.)
user posted image
Played by Sarah who has 290 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kiche
<blockquote>
He couldn't just let her wander out by herself. It wasn't safe outside of the Hollow, not when that black bitch could be lurking behind every shadow. Unwilling to injure her dignity by following her outside, the saint hung back at the den for several long minutes before charging out into the bracken. <i>What the hell is she doing?</i> It wounded him deeply that she wouldn't talk to him, wouldn't seek him out and confide in him. <i>I'm your friend, Vlar. Can't you see that?</i> But being a friend meant that he was going to be there even if she didn't think she needed him there. This was more felt than realized, though, for Kiche had never really had much in the way of friends —none that had needed him, anyway. It came to him naturally, though, this sense of duty that stirred in his heart whenever he looked upon the broken woman. He had hurt her and it God had lead her back into his life, and clearly he was meant to rebuild her.

Stealth was difficult for the big man. If it wasn't his bulk that got him into trouble, it was his fundamental and utter lack of coordination. Branches smacked him in the face and twigs clawed at his sides as he fumbled through the darkness, darting left and right behind trees in hopes that Vlar would not see him. Before Kiche revealed himself, he hoped that he could discover where on earth she thought she was headed. At this rate though, the white lady was probably already aware of her security detail. It wasn't like there were many trees broad enough to hide his massive shape behind, anyway.

Before long, the trees began to thin out. The ground began to squelch under his plodding paws, much to his disgust and disgruntlement. <i>What in Pangur's name is this?</i> Kiche hadn't yet had the <i>pleasure</i> of wandering into the marsh yet, although it bordered his homelands. A sudden crackle drew his gaze upwards, away from the murky, suckling mud that clung at his legs and towards the vibrant twilight sky. <i>The rainbow dance.</i> He had witnessed this miracle before, weeks ago... and now it was back. <i>What are you? God, what do you mean by this... this beauty?</i> Remembering suddenly that he had come her for a reason, for Vlar, he gave up all pretense of secrecy and concealment. As he sloshed closer, her words floated towards his ears. Though spoken softly, they were like nettles in his ears. "<b>Of course you should go back...Why, you couldn't just leave me all by myself, could you?</b>" he joked as he came up beside her, a hopeful smile on his face. It was worth a try.
</blockquote>
(This post was last modified: Apr 29, 2012, 05:13 PM by Kiche.)
[Image: Kiche-porcisig2.jpg]
like my art? comission me!
Played by Katsuma who has 456 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vlarindara

Her head lifted, single amber eye glancing at Kiche - a wolf that had once struck her full of fear.. but one she now felt a kind of.. kinship with. His words left her with an odd smile on her face before she lowered her gaze, staring at the moonlit grass beneath her paws. "No.. but.." She sighed, her ears lowering over her skull, a fear she'd had surfacing for the first time in a while. Certainly the first time she'd voiced it. "I ...came back for one reason.. I won't lie.. I wouldn't have returned had he not... told me to."

Yet - she'd seen nothing of him since coming back. "Yet, ever since I came back, I've been avoided. I've not seen a single fur on his hide - even the scents I do cross are mere moments old.. it happens far too often to not be intentional." She tilted her head towards him, frowning, a whine building on her tongue. "Why am I even here, Kiche.. Elettra has left becase of me...at least..t hat's all I can figure."

table by katsuma
user posted image