(See All?) Announcements
653 Users Online
Neo, Bing

Embrace the world in gray — Sanguine Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Flywolf who has 614 posts.
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall
AW for members of SC, special shoutout to @Moonshadow and @Aquene. Nash has been ill about a week now and stepped down for the time being.

Exhaustion clung to Nash like water to fur, soaking into the very core of him. It oozed into his bones with a deep ache, rooted in his chest with each breath. Dragging himself to the water's edge for a drink took all his energy, and he'd merely laid in the sandy pebbles and looked out over the water rather than try to return to the den. He was sure Aquene would come looking for him to scold him soon enough, but for now he could only watch the light refract gently off the rippling water and focus on breathing.

Time slipped away and before he knew it afternoon was quickly turning to evening. Nash was stiff; he could feel it in his haunches, his left hip especially. He really should move, but he knew moving would hurt more, and he really didn't want to deal with that just yet. Staying here wouldn't really be all that bad, anyway. He wasn't in a hurry to return to the den. The water was so soothing, the sound of the waves lapping at the pebbles guiding his breathing. In, out. In, out. In, out...

Played by Grae who has 898 posts.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall
I think I need help, cuz I'm drowning in myself

Exhausted was a perfect way to describe how the nine year old woman felt of late. The death of Auburn had weighed heavily upon her shoulders. Guilt raging inside of her. Why had she chosen such a dangerous place to put down roots and start a family. A family that would undoubtedly grown and continue for generations? As if that wasnt enough, Nash had fallen ill unable to continue with his duties as alpha. Terrified of losing him the elderly mother had stuck by his side like bees to honey. She almost went as far as to never let him out of her sight some days. While it had only been a week she was not willing to take any chances. She also had no concern for her own health and chose to stick close to him, laying near enough to touch him hoping to provide him with as much comfort as she could.

Large paws moved slowly through the territory as the Eastfall matriarch went from cache to cache trying to find something for the inky man to eat. In her younger years she would have caught something easily for him, but now hunting requires almost all of her energy and the day was still young. Her search took longer than she would have liked as afternoon began to turn into evening. Moonshadow made her way back to the den, a small morsel betwixt her maw. Upon arriving she discovered that Nash wasnt within the dwelling and a pang of panic filled her. Her foggy gaze darted around trying to find his form nearby. A dark blob that couldve been a number of cove wolves, laid upon the pebbled lakeshore. Making her way to the waters edge it became clear that the dark blob was in fact Nash. Silver dusted ears fell against her skull as she looked over his form, stiff and rigid. A quiet woof was let out as she approached him. A kiss was placed atop his crown as if he was a child once more before she settled in besides him. They would need to return to the den soon but for now they could enjoy the tranquility of the lake. A gentle reminder of why she had chosen to stay atop the mountian all those years ago.

Word Count: 383
[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]