231 Users Online
Google, Bing, Baidu, Viorel

it'll be fine by dusk — Daybreak Peaks 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Tasha who has 22 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Avesta Armstead
give me love give me fendi my balenciaga daddy

Avesta had waited for her heat to settle down before calling upon Loach and seeking out the adventure they had previously discussed. Her eyes had naturally drawn her to the mountains, though she wasn’t sure she could place why it drew her interest as it had, and thus she had insisted they needed to scale up it to see what they could find, a wicked grin on her features as her tail wagged.

“It’s quite a sight… just look at this view.” She would state in earnest, her eyes wide and for a moment almost childish as she looked out over the Shroud, watching the way the mist wove between the peaks, including the very one they were climbing up. “And there has been plenty of wildlife too… it would be good pickings for the crew.” She added in, clearly not focused solely on the locale but the terrain and it’s prospects.

After all, they were looking for a place to call home, and she could not take that for granted.

Played by becca who has 162 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Loach

He thought of Clouse the whole hike up.

He had recalled the time they had spent in the glacial caverns. Recalled the warm embraces and the freedom with one another. It all suddenly felt like a punch to his temple. Blinded by a great light and unable to chase it down to the end.

Had Clouse been a shooting star? Passed in the night?

There was a tightness in his gut as Ve called out her awe and wonder, as she dutifully pointed out the conditions. How bright the world still was for her. By gods, he hoped she chased whatever light she found in the world.

You the mountain dwellin' kind, Ve?

Inactive No Rank
Avesta Armstead

She was many things… and oblivious to her travelling companion’s woes was one of the many things she could claim. She didn’t know how to sense or read the emotions that surrounded her. She would chuckle softly at his question and nod. “I’m not certain as to what it is… I just like the height.” She would admit with a soft sigh of contentment. It was a strange headspace to be in, so accepting of what was in front of her.

For the longest time she hadn’t known what she wanted, but in that moment she had an inkling of the direction her life was to head and she wasn’t going to complain about it.

“Are you not the mountain dwelling kind?” She had to ask curiously, wondering what he felt of the sight she had found, and if it meant that they would need to continue on in their search for a place that their band could call home.

Played by becca who has 162 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Loach

He couldn't blame her, not really. The height offered plenty — just nothing that he had yearned for so deeply. Maybe if the mountain had somehow overlooked the sea. The rivers and trees were mighty fine, but he could not help the need to be near water. Close enough to leap into it at any given moment. As if it was an escape plan that he tucked close to his heart.

Ya familiar with the saltwater? He mused like an old man now, might have stroked his chin if he could have. I was born and raised there. It gave me that need to be near the shores of water at all times. Maybe he could have learned to love the mountains or the thickest forests. Instead he wished to not change, felt too old for it even if he only reached his prime now.

Inactive No Rank
Avesta Armstead

She supposed it was simply a different in comfort. She found her comfort in that which reminded her of home, and he did as well but he had grown up in vastly different terrain. At the mention of saltwater, she could not help but frown, giving her head a soft shake. “I can’t say that I am all that familiar. Saltwater? Is it different from regular water somehow?” It was a question that burned underneath the surface.

It drew her curiosity, her tail thumping lightly against the ground as he explained a need to be near the shores. “Perhaps there is water up here… I find there often is. I once found a beautiful waterfall in the depths of the mountains, with a cave hidden behind it.” It had been quite a site, until she had realized that a cougar lived there… and then she had been quick to take her leave.