660 Users Online
Google

a strong front — Sanguine Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Tasha who has 349 posts.
Sanguine Cove III. Shaman
Aquene Slayer
For Nash! Set a few days ago.

Aquene was satisfied with her husband’s progress, and she was glad that he was feeling better. Her nose would run gently across his cheek as Eclypse slept at her belly, a soft smile on her features. “How are you feeling, Love?” She would ask of him, knowing that his strength had been returning to him. Even if he did not say it, she could see it, and she had been diligent in her watch. She wanted nothing more in that moment than to ensure that her family remained healthy. She would not lose another, not to illness or injury or childbirth. Of that much, at the very least, she was determined.

She would pause, awaiting his response as Eclypse stirred at her belly, though the girl did not rouse. A family, as it should be… she was simply glad to have them both there.

Aquene Slayer
Played by Flywolf who has 605 posts.
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall

He'd opted to rest within the shelter of the den that day, wanting to be close to his wife and newest daughter. He would owe @Magg and @Matos attention when he was more recovered, but for now his time was dedicated to Eclypse. It helped that he was still on bedrest.

He would feel more guilty for resting had it not been for Aquene's diligent work in both caring for him and running the pack in his stead. There was so much on her paws right now... And for that, he did feel guilty. And appreciative. He admired his wife all the more for it. She'd come a long way in these past months.

He hummed in response to her question, placing a light kiss to her head. "Better every day," he whispered, not wanting to wake their precious. "I think I might be ready to step up again soon... Though I will have to work back into my duties."

He glanced at her from the corner of his eye, rolling a question around in his mind. How might she react to his request when he voiced it?

Aquene Slayer

A soft smile would grace her features as he confirmed what she had suspected: he was continuing to get better each day. She had to admit she was relieved that he was, and even more so when he stated that he was ready to step up again. She would admit, she was not ready to step down… but to have him by her side? Absolutely, it was something she was ready for.

“I will be here… I see no problem with you stepping up.” She stated as she gently ran her nose along his cheek. “So long as you remember to take it easy… I will be here, to be by your side both as your mate and a leader… I think there is much we can do, and I want to try and repair things with the Backwater after all that has happened.” She felt uneasy with their current terms, especially knowing (or at least thinking she knew) that Kateri was there with them.

Aquene Slayer
[Image: jNJyCis.png]
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall

She didn't laugh at him. She didn't scold him or tell him to wait. He smiled at her and nuzzled her cheek with his nose. He hadn't expected her to want to stay in a leadership position... she'd been so off lately, but while leading... she seemed to regain her stride. He was happy to see her feeling at least a little more like herself. "Yes," he agreed, turning grave for a moment. "I think they might need a little more time... especially with what Chan told them. But I would like to at least settle things, even if they won't consider us allies again." It still hurt, the loss of one so young and the devastating ripples her death had. He missed his friendship with the Backwater wolves.

But back to happier things. "I would be honored to lead beside you," he said. He thought briefly about Oksana, and how she might feel about this development given they'd always assumed she would resume leadership some day. But... this felt right. They could settle with Sana when she was ready.

Aquene Slayer

He found himself in agreeance with her and she hummed, nodding as she weighed it over. “I would still like one of us to go, sooner rather than later… not necessarily to amend, but to clarify and take responsibility where Chan tried to deflect it. Set the record straight so as they settle things, they are settling them with the correct information.” She liked to think at least Clover would see things and be willing to meet with them, even if it took some time for Viorel to grieve.

He did not begrudge her wanting to remain leader, and she was relieved in that. Because there would have been pushback had he thought otherwise.

Aquene had been a part of this from the beginning. She had stood there as they claimed this pack, and she had seen it go through all of its triumphs and failures all the same. She felt as if she had a responsibility to help see it through. Should Oksana ever approach her to return to leadership, she felt she would step aside… but only in the moment could she truly make that call.

In many ways, Aquene was coming into her own, growing into a role she had never seen herself in, and while terrifying, it simply felt right. “We should also talk about Paradise Falls… we should be reaching out to them as well.” She stated, clearing her throat. “I was thinking perhaps we can send one of our children… given them the experience of talking with another pack and establishing a relationship, especially since our relationship with them is not as tenuous at the moment as our relationship with the Backwater.”

Aquene Slayer
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall

As she spoke Nash could not help but smile adoringly. There was a reason she was his wife and each day he was ever more grateful that she chose him. It was like they had one mind. He nodded along. "You're right... Perhaps we could go together. We should be prepared for the possibility that Viorel might attack me, however." Not that he'd blame the man.

And then they moved on to more pleasant thoughts... Mostly. Paradise Falls, where his brother had gone. Nash hoped Chan was doing better up there. He'd been thinking about checking in with them soon anyway, but there was always a reason to delay. Sending one of their children.... It made him before, especially since Mona was already gone, but they had to grow up sometime. "What if we send Leo and Magg?" he suggested. "Leo is a responsible young man and Magg has so much energy..." maybe if she went on a supervised adventure she wouldn't be inclined to leave on her own.

(This post was last modified: Jun 18, 2023, 11:11 PM by Nash.)

Aquene Slayer

At the mention of going together she hummed, pondering it for a moment before she shook her head. “I’d prefer one of us remain here just in case.” She worried both leaders showing up might look a little aggressive or that something important might happen while they both made the trek. It wasn’t too terribly far but it was longer than a day round trip and they were still rebuilding things. “I’m hoping to get Clover’s attention first… she has a level head, and her and I have worked together in the past on herb trade.” Even if Vi was mad, perhaps Clover could soothe it.

However, when he suggested Leo and Magg go together, she smiled and considered it. “I think between her energy and his experience within the adult ranks, it would be a good pair to send.” They could give them a lay of the land and instructions on what they did and did not have the power to negotiate on behalf of the pack. She doubted Flair would ask anything of them that was unreasonable, same with Jethro. They knew the Cove and had once called it home.

“I’d like to go to the Backwater… once Eclypse is old enough that I can afford to take the trip.”

Aquene Slayer
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall

Clover had always seemed level headed the times Nash had met with her; he'd considered her a friend, and had once thought of asking her to join the Cove in the early days - only she'd said she was with another family. A family she'd truly made herself a part of. He nuzzled his wife and glanced down at their nursing daughter. "Hopefully Clover can get to Viorel," he said quietly. He had to admit he was secretly relieved he didn't have to face the Backwater again so soon; taking news of Sephrina's death to her family had been hard enough and gone so poorly.

He nodded in agreement as they continued discussing Paradise Falls. "Matos might feel put out... I can take him in the fall. Do you think we should see if Sana wants to send one of hers as well?" The Vuesain children had proven to be more prone to wander than the Eastfall-Slayer children, so perhaps their second would want to keep them closer for now.

Aquene Slayer

She had the same hope that her husband had. If she could get Clover’s attention, then she could talk to her and hopefully the woman would be more receptive to repairing things that Viorel might be. She did not know the loss of losing a child in the manner he had, but she was a mother and she could be saddened and sympathetic to the loss as well as guilty for her part in it. She should have kept a more careful eye.

“I think we can assure them that they will have their turn. We need some of the younger ones to stay here… it’s best to send two for now.” She paused for a second, pondering it for a moment. “My hope is that we can establish herbal trade with the Backwater again… and if we can, we can send Matos and one of Sana’s kids to make the delivery? Break it up so they all get an experience but the majority of the pack is still at the Cove at all times?”

Aquene Slayer
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall

Nash made a mental note to plan something special to do with Matos while Magg was away even as he accepted Aquene's response. "Alright. Maybe I can take the rest of them on a field trip to the old territory, where Al and I were born. I bet they'd like that." it was something.

"An herbal trade would be good," he said, remember the first winter they'd been a pack, when Nash and his wife had fallen in love. He'd made trips down to trade herbs with Clover and look for those that didn't grow on the mountain. Having those channels open was important - not just for them, but for the Backwater as well.