427 Users Online
Google, Bing, Vanadis

From Dusk Till Dawn [M] — Heartleaf Creek 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by WildFlower who has 127 posts.
Inactive V. Subordinate
Sage Hervok
some fairy tales are more than true

At first Sage felt some relief when he chuckled, then the idea of him laughing at her for being dumb crossed her mind. Great would if he thinks I'm a creepy idiot who walks around asleep at night. Well, the last part was true. The girl bit back a groan. She was failing miserably at this entire interaction right now. "So it does" All she could manage in response was a sheepish smile.

The subject change was a welcomed escape from the awkward path she'd taken them down. Talking about paw sizes, what normal wolf did that? Way to be casual about the whole thing...shoot, our paws are still touching...pay attention, Sage. Pull it together. The yearling frowned as he shared his story. She didn't know that Oleander had sisters, and from the way he spoke, they weren't around anymore. She was able to confirm her inference as he went on explaining his nightmares.

"...but I could not see." Her ears flattened back at the idea of being blinded by darkness. She lay there listening to him intently, leaning forward in the slightest. She resembled a child being told a spooky bedtime story with a mixture of horror and intrigue. Sage grimaced, "That's awful." He wasn't done though and she quickly hushed to let him finish speaking.

"After Clover disappeared, the world flipped and I went from on top of the ice to trapped beneath." She shuddered as the fresh memories flooded her senses. She could almost feel the burning sensation of water flooding her nostrils, the bone-deep cold engulfing her, and the pain of helplessly pawing. Her eyes shut tightly.

"I'm glad you're here." She whispered under her breath, unsure if he'd catch her words or not. She meant it, because if she'd come to alone...out here. After that dream? Yeah, no.

"She speaks" She walks She thinks

[Image: SWS_MostLikelytoGetTogether_tri.png] Dead Empress Backwater [Image: SWS_MostEndearingMoment_tri.png]

Played by Greyer who has 134 posts.
Dead Empress Backwater V. Medic
Oleander Valle
Oleander grimaced, but it fell away as she shuddered. Concern washed over him as she placed into his mind the memory of Clover disappearing. Then, he watched in his mind's eye as Sage flipped through the ice, sealed and submerged. He released a small hum that could have been mistaken as a whimper. He watched her eyes close and his gaze flickered over their paws again.

Her whisper recaptured his attention, "I'm glad you're here."

He didn't want to think about it anymore. The static that had been at the back of his head threatened to engulf him whole. The numbness and aimlessness eager to return when he was alone back in his thicket. He wanted to hold onto this, whatever this was. He lifted his forepaw again and placed it on hers in the most gentle manner. It wasn't hard to see that he genuinely cared for her. It had taken root when they had shared mussels and now it blossomed, here, in the dead of night.

"Yeah," the warmth of his smile returned. He glanced at the side of her face, wondering if he would meet her eyes again. Even if for a fleeting moment. "Sure, of course." The next thing that tumbled from his lips was most unexpected. To him, it made all the sense in the world, "Where else would I be?"
they say pray it away, i swear,
OLEANDER VALLE
that I'll never be a saint, no way
Played by WildFlower who has 127 posts.
Inactive V. Subordinate
Sage Hervok
some fairy tales are more than true

Sage was caught off guard by the sweet touch, turning to look curiously at their adjoined paws. He'd heard her then, hadn't he? Without noticing she held her breath as her eyes slowly drifted to meet his. There was a long silent moment of her simply peering into his eyes. Words were lost to her and time seemed to slow down if only a little. Prior thoughts of being creepy were absent as she lay on the cool snow-laden ground.

She became more aware of the snow lightly drifting down in fluffy flakes, how the moon and stars peaked through the clouds, and how he smelt. Like empress trees, the pack, and his distinct smell she was beginning to recognize so easily. Savoring the moment and committing it to memory. She finally let her breath go, a small white puff leaving her nostrils.

Sage almost missed his words at first. She'd been so captivated that it took a moment to register the soft yeah that left his lips. How long ago had he said that? Before she could thret over being weird or creepy his later words clicked. Her eyes came to life with emotion, bright and cheery. She couldn't help the bashful smile that crossed her lips or how her ears went back in a subtle submission. Her tail thumped against the ground. She had so many ideas of where else he could be, where he probably should be, but the yearling couldn't find her voice. What he'd said was completely unexpected and at the same time solidified the growing bond between the two.

"She speaks" She walks She thinks

[Image: SWS_MostLikelytoGetTogether_tri.png] Dead Empress Backwater [Image: SWS_MostEndearingMoment_tri.png]

Played by Greyer who has 134 posts.
Dead Empress Backwater V. Medic
Oleander Valle
Even in the dark of night, Oleander saw the light that sparked in her eyes, the way she lit up as soon as the words had left him. It happened almost like the arrival of the first rays of dawn. She smiled at him. He smiled at her. Frankly, it was like one of those early Taylor Swift songs, where young love grew, laughed, and danced. The feeling ballooned in his chest and it felt like his heart could have burst.

Enchanted.

"Come on," he cooed to her, almost hesitating to stand as he withdrew his paw from hers. His tail gave another low wag in invitation. "It's getting late. I'll walk you home." Had they been on more intimate terms, he might have brushed his lips to the base of her ear. Maybe a gesture of endearment of smoothing the fur at her temple with his tongue... but, as it was, he composed himself. There was time yet to see if Fate would draw them closer. For now, this was enough and it was a hell of a start.

Footsteps slow across the hardened frost, he turned and reoriented himself. Then, as he began to trace their steps back to the Backwater with her at his side, all he could do was hope for the best...

Please don't be in love with someone else.
Please don't have somebody waiting on you.

[FADE.]
they say pray it away, i swear,
OLEANDER VALLE
that I'll never be a saint, no way