(See All?) Announcements
524 Users Online
Bing, Google, Neo, Isla, Magg

children lovers — Drooping Willows 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Sarah who has 290 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kiche
<blockquote><ul><span style='font-size:7pt;line-height:100%'>ambiguous title is ambiguous! are the children in love, or do the lovers love children? WHO KNOWS. <s>run away lettie, before it's too late!</s> (Yes, I am in a weird mood.)
continuation of <a href='http://relic-lore.net/index.php?showtopic=1922' target='_blank'>in their steps</a> Slight powerplay just for skipping times sake? Just tell me if there's anything wrong with it.</span></li></ul>
Slowly, the group had picked their way down the mountain. Kiche hadn't remembered being so clumsy before. It was as if his legs were numb, limp appendages that might have belonged to someone else who loved a good laugh. Maybe he should have paid more attention to where he put his feet and less attention to where his dove put <i>hers</i>. Though he knew it was rude to stare, his amber eyes could not leave her alone. He would force his gaze to the left, to the right, to anywhere else... but somehow it always drifted back to that beautiful, pitiful grey girl. What if she slipped and fell? Inwardly, he berated himself, <i>What if </i>Arlette<i> falls? She already fell once.</i> Dutifully, and as if with a massive effort, he glanced over at Arlette to make sure she was still doing alright. But that was silly. Arlette was <i>born</i> for this mountain. She would be alright, he rationalized, his twin flames already turned back towards Aniu.

Here and there, willow trees sprung haphazardly out of the bank like lazy, inebriated men when compared to the straight-backed, oaken bystanders.. They slouched into a languid waters of a steam. As they continued on, the child, the dove, and the saint, more willows began to dominate the forest. "<b>Uhm, it's not... not far now,</b>" Kiche, turning to Aniu with a grin that was both apologetic and stupid. There were surrounded, enfolded by green curtains, of course not it wasn't far, they were already <i>there</i>. If it wouldn't have made him look any more foolish, he would have banged his head against a tree repeatedly. <i>Stupid, stupid, stupid.</i> Expectantly, the saint watched his dove, waiting to see that smile of hers spring to life —she had been so eager to come here, after all.

</blockquote>
[Image: Kiche-porcisig2.jpg]
like my art? comission me!
Played by becuffin who has 91 posts.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Aniu
<blockquote> The speckled girl cautiously moved from rock to ground and back again, viewing the changing landscape with awe painted clearly on her face. She was dwarfed by the two wolves she accompanied and to any casual observer, they may think she was the yearling and Arlette her fierce protector, for despite her fall she seemed to navigate the landscape with ease. With her new found company, perhaps the world wasn’t such a scary place after all...

She watched as their surroundings morphed from rocky boulder strewn mountains, to a more gentle, forgiving landscape dotted with willows and streams. Her breath caught in her throat at the beauty of it. The dangling fingers of the trees caressing the water, the sounds of frogs and birds and the smells... The safe enveloping smell of the trees. His words bought a face splitting smile to her mouth. Surely with all of these willows they were already there, but perhaps he had somewhere special he wanted to show her? The spring returned to her step as she bowed down playfully, tail held arched over her back wagging. With each passing moment a little more of her old self was creeping back into her bones.

<b>”Lead the way sir!”</b> she almost yapped excitedly as she continued to prance amongst the pair. A small voice was telling her they would have to leave her soon. After all, they were pack wolves. They had a pack to return to. Something inside her started to bend in a way that twisted her gut but she suppressed the feeling for now. Why worry about what hadn’t happened yet? After all, wasn’t that what Uncle Dash always said?</blockquote>
user posted image
Played by Switch who has 207 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Arlette Dieudonné Lyall
    the suns going to shine, and sometimes the clouds will rain.

The climb off the mountain was child's play to the young lady. She easily kept ahead of the pair, not purposely leading the way. It was just a comfortable place with how much slower Ani, and Kiche were moving for her to be in front. She took in as an opportunity to scout, and pretend she was their guardian leader instead of the other way around. Her yellow eyes scanned the edge of the woods, casting around back and forth through the tall trees as if danger was around each corner. She would giggle, once, and awhile staring at Kiche wondering how he was holding up ont he way home. Sometimes when she thought Ani wasn't looking she'd glance at her too. Though it became evident the longer in their company, the more relaxed she seemed to become. She really wanted to take her all the way home to meet everyone. She, like her mother, wanted everyone to get along, and Kiche liking her made it far easier to imagine everyone else would. Who could not?

Frolicking she bounded through the brush, breathing deep the scent of the willows. She had not been here since the hunt, and had hardly been able tp pain it much attention. Now, she was captivated by the drooping limbs the made standing dens, and the life that lingered in. Pausing she filled her lungs, her chest puffin, and her nose tipped to the sky with her eyes closed blissfully. She would come here again.

Kiche's words broke her from her moment of mediation, and she snapped to attention sporting a grin. She did not know his words were not exactly right, and nodded her head in agreement. They had just started, and there was more to see, even if she was not sure how much. When Aniu appeared to get excited, her white tail wiggled, and she let out a playful woof. She really wanted to play, and half wondered if she could get Ani, and Kiche in a tangled wrestling match. Ani became her first target, she playfully bowed, and let out a woof of invite.

[Image: oaktreebend.png]
Played by Sarah who has 290 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kiche
<blockquote><ul><span style='font-size:7pt;line-height:100%'>it's official, i'm a horrible person. going to make this really short so we can just get this started.</span></li></ul>
"<b>Uhhh.. yeah..</b>" he said, just to fill some of the empty air as he cast an uncertain look about these trees that he was unsure if he could ever trust. Was he close? Was the graveyard of his past life lurking somewhere among this blissful, sibilant forest? He hadn't been here in quite some time... not since he had run into that demon-not-demon-heathen-not-heathen-friend-not-friend.... whatever... He hadn't let himself come back here, although it wasn't like there would have been a point, anyway.

Up until now, he guessed.

Now he stood here wrapped in the green veils that billowed subtly in the gentle spring breeze with a purpose: the guardian of a strange trio of lovers and children of which he could have been any. Aniu had wanted to see the willows, and so here they were — how could he deny her anything? And yet, he still felt queasy about this whole... <i>healing</i> thing. Was it just a bunch of nonsense that she had been told to believe as a child? (<i>The irony of this thought was lost on him.</i>) Perhaps she was just mistaken... His thoughts were suddenly tugged away by Arlette's invitation to play, though, and while he smiled, he was suddenly all business again, "<b>Lettie, we came down here for a reason. Perhaps you should let Aniu look you over once more...</b>"

</blockquote>
[Image: Kiche-porcisig2.jpg]
like my art? comission me!