(See All?) Announcements
840 Users Online
Bing

that green light, i want it — Dead Empress Backwater 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Cade who has 499 posts.
Dead Empress Backwater II. Leader
Eros Valle
Eros definitely wasn't expecting an alligator roll. Surprise widened his peach eyes briefly as momentum took him, but given no other choice, he leaned into it. His side hit the earth and then his back was scraping stones and sticks and other forest debris. It didn't stop there, though. Vayko was on top of him, but only for a second as the tumble continued. Instead, it was the younger Valle who ended up on top, one forepaw striking out against the ground to stop and stabilize them while the other rested squarely upon the other wolf's chest. He blinked, and then a smile passed briefly over his lips.

"Say uncle."

Though, no part of him would be surprised if Vayko had another way to turn the tables cocked and loaded. Eros was as ready as he could be, every muscle braced.
(This post was last modified: Aug 05, 2023, 10:54 PM by Eros.)
Played by Tasha who has 306 posts.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Vayko
Your toxic I'm slipping under

With a taste of your lips, I'm on a ride

Vayko had thought he could pull a fast one on the boy, but the pain in his shoulder caught him by more surprise than it should have and he felt his weight give, pulling them around once more as the other placed his paws on his chest and he panted, a hint of a smile on his own features, a breathless laugh escaping almost uncharacteristic for the normally broody and arrogant man.

And yet, despite it all… despite Eros’s own feelings on him and what he did or did not do… despite the anger he had come here with… there was also a matter of pride. He had seen Eros grow up, how could he not be?

“Uncle.” He’d state, a hint of reluctance but he would say it. He would give in. “Your fighting has improved.” It was all he would say, though improved from when was a question he did not answer. “Don’t think I won’t come back for this rank, Eros… because I will, but for now you have more than earned it.” The man had won the battle, that was for sure… but Vayko was putting him on guard that it was not the end of this.

(This post was last modified: Aug 05, 2023, 11:13 PM by Vayko.)
Eros Valle
Eros had expected frustration and anger once the other Valle was made to give in. Instead, Vayko seemed almost... pleased about something. His own dark lips had flattened again, but they did not progress into a frown. His expression was neutral as he regarded his cousin, backing off and giving him back his space. What it didn't convey was that this had felt good, like some of that poison had been bled out.

'Don’t think I won’t come back for this rank, Eros… because I will, but for now you have more than earned it.'

Now he couldn't help but smile again, a wry expression.

"You'll have to take that up with your dad, then," he responded with a wink. Vayko had been his largest obstacle. Rochus had reached eight years- he wasn't likely able to put up much of a fight against anyone who wanted his place. Still... that had felt good to hear the other Valle admit.
(This post was last modified: Aug 05, 2023, 11:00 PM by Eros.)
Played by Tasha who has 306 posts.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Vayko
Your toxic I'm slipping under

With a taste of your lips, I'm on a ride

Eros had the same ambition as he did, it would seem… a wry expression on his features as he countered. Vayko took the opportunity to push up, but not without a wince. God, he really was getting older now, wasn’t he? Perhaps it was fatherhood that had done this to him… well, fatherhood and Vasco. Vasco had certainly played his own role in the Valle man’s current demise.

“I’ll make sure to have a word with him then, hmm? For now… I must check on Clover and the children.” As he recalled, it had been on his task of things to do next when this challenge had been initiated.

He would dip his head, a sign of respect towards the younger Valle before turning to take his leave, heading out with a barely noticeable limp to check on his wife and children all the same, along with the nephews and niece that had been abandoned by Sharlee. Strangely, he felt almost… peaceful… in his walk away.

Eros Valle
Eros nodded, and quietly watched him go. His breathing was deep, exerted, but as the sound of Vayko's paw steps faded away, it sunk into him steadily like rain. He had won. He had won!

He jumped into the air and shouted out happily, romping and celebrating alone in the clearing. He had gone in expecting an epic battle and gotten something much better- a moment of pure catharsis.