545 Users Online
Google, Bing, Hazelnut

The Iron Lady — Lost Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Allie who has 85 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Aeylen Onida
Partly Cloudy — Current Temperature: 45° F/7° C, Dead of night

<blockquote>The canopies swayed in the breeze at a rate that reminded her of time and it's fluidity. It seemed as though it had been years since she'd first encountered the Aquila man that night in Ghastly Woods; he, with his polite and accomodating mannerisms, and she, with an open and honest mind. Little had she known, Rhysis had an agenda and it, unfortunately, involved her dearest friend. Aeylen had lived in the wake of the bomb he'd inadvertantly dropped then, and the threat had come to consume a part of the Leader.

The scene here was truly breathtaking, much different from the Secluded Spring. The mountains towered in many directions, riddled with conifers and trickling waterways that forged a path from Bramble Falls to the Lost Lake she'd not laid eyes upon until now. From the ridge where she stood, cloaked in darkness, the expanse of the lake's surface seemed as though it could stretch on forever. A part of her knew she shouldn't be here alone, so far from home and without one soul knowing of her absense. The Tainn had business to attend to, and held little concern for much but the children who were growing in her belly, and the wolf who threatened to rain brimstone down upon her family.

Searching Relic Lore for Rhysis was a daunting task, and one she'd been pursuing for some time. His scent had once hung on her borders, but had long faded, and a part of the woman knew he'd moved on. But to where? Was he even still alive? These were questions that needed answering, and the same ones that had drawn her from her niche. It was not until she'd reached this point in her miniscule journey that she'd found his trail, interwoven with fresh and stale scents of several others - <i>a pack scent</i>. Perhaps time had done the man well, and he'd found a family of his own, or at least a group to entertain his needs. <i>She was close</i>.

Backtracking down the incline she'd ascended was tricky, but no challenge to her abilities. The shewolf was well aware that her venture would leave her scent strung throughout the wilderness, and was careful to thwart her trail by taking to the tributaries from time to time. Eventually she would reach the territory's depths, the shore of the great Lake within her stern view.

Would her travels be in vain, or was there more to this place than meets the eye?

<i>Come out, come out, wherever you are.</i>

</blockquote>
(This post was last modified: Apr 22, 2012, 07:55 PM by Aeylen.)
Played by Ver who has 365 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ava Attaya
( don't mind if i do :p )

Despite the time of night, Ava was not fully asleep. She hadn't been beyond the borders of the Poison Path lands in a little while. Usually the extra adventures she took on the side had the tendency to wear her out and allow for a good nights sleep, but having not had one in a moments' time made it difficult to close her eyes at a decent hour each night. Regularly the alone time was unpertubing and from a cluster of boulders on the mountainside she would watch the stars twinkle against the Lost Lake's undisturbed surface until she could no longer lift her eyelids, then retire amongst her rocky den until duty called her once more. Having settled her inner turmoil with Ice some time prior, the insomniac stargazing didn't haunt her mind; there was no more worry about the dangers of angry wolves beyond their border who disliked Rhysis, Naira, or their pack in general. These sleepless nights were peaceful; her mind was set at ease. That was the pattern up until this night.

The scent that trailed in on the night wind was light - whoever carried it had not gotten close enough to discover their den yet - but it was saturated. In it there was no hint of Kade or Lettie or Ice, but it wasn't a lone wolf's fresh scent either. It reeked strongly of some other pack, one Ava had never encountered. Immediately her eyes narrowed; she liked the Grizzly Hollow wolves she had met, and knew of Swift River's grudge against them (though her nameless pale knight friend from the Sacred Grove was lovely company as well), but no one had mentioned a third group nor any relation they might have. Regularly she would not be so alarmed - outside the Poison Path packlands she encountered many wolves and not one had attempted to hurt her yet. But time was passing and Naira's pups were growing quickly - there needn't be any complications to their birth under Ava's watch. Ava would be damned if she didn't do everything in her power to protect and serve the pack to which she had sworn her allegience. She had to be on her best behavior.

Delicately she rose from her rocky perch and returned to the cold ground, stepping gently and swiftly while remaining hidden amongst the stone protrusions and shrubs that made up the mountainside. She appeared through the night time almost a ghost, black fur blending in to the darkness while the moonlight accented her muscles as she moved toward the unknown scent. Closer and closer she drew toward the banks of the water, knowing her scent would soon be apparent to the intruding wolf. Luckily she would soon after spot the larger female, whose paler undertones stood out against the cloud-dampened starlight. Ava immediately emerged from the mountainside, approaching from the other female's 10 o'clock position. After all, she wasn't there to sneak attack a random wolf. She brought herself to a halt two lengths away from the she-wolf, her scent now so strong but still incapable to find in her memory.

"<b>That's a pretty strong scent you're bringing in here,</b>" she said softly, "<b>Are you sure you belong, now?</b>" Ava had no way of knowing if this female was someone Rhysis, or Naira, or even Athena knew. She could just as easily be a friend as she was a foe. But Ava took no chances, her dark tail stiff as it rose above her back. The poison for which their pack was named that lacked in her breath shone in her bright gaze, glowing under the moon's pale light. That was the only aggression Ava would display, for the moment, to assert her territory-given dominance. She held herself at full height, spine straight and chin high, though there was no sign of teeth until the situation would require it.

She was sure Athena would likely show soon; the pale she-wolf was the most dutiful wolf in the pack - Ava would be entirely unsurprised if she had been running the borders at this time of night. That, or Rhysis - he didn't seem to always have his nose in his subordinates' business, but it seemed he knew the important happenings anyway. Ava did not look for back-up, though. Her brilliant gaze remained fixed on the other wolf, her focus the farthest thing from <span class='word'>obtuse</span>.
(This post was last modified: Apr 22, 2012, 09:57 PM by Ava.)
Played by Arya who has 547 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Athena Moon

The nighttime temperature was progressively getting warmer and warmer each day as the spring season was carrying on. It was a nice change from the freezing air that was came along with winter. Indeed, the frosty trees were always a beautiful view, but the biter absence of heat was chilling. Thankfully, winter was over and spring was finally grasping mother earth. Fresh green buds were growing on the trees, vibrant flowers scattered across the edge of Lost Lake and the mountains were getting color with it’s sprouting trees and mountain flowers. Spring was a lovely sight to capture and the promise of pups made it even more beautiful for Athena.

The sunset was amazing as always from her little perch in the mountains and she soon fell asleep. She woke up in the dead of night and finally rose to make her way back to her den. As she was making her way down the treacherous mountainside, a slightly familiar scent intruded her nose. Copper Rock Creek and female, but thankfully not Nina. A small growl slipped past her teeth involuntarily as she thought of the witch. With her dislike of Nina, she came to never like that scent even if it was not the crazy bitch. Her steps quickened as she made it down towards the lake and pack den. She could not tell exactly where the female, but she began to smell Ava along with it. Relief was short lived, but she was proud that the girl was the first to find the Creek wolf.

The two wolves entered her sights once she hit the semi-flat lands by the lake. She came directly in front of the unknown female, stopping besides Ava catching the end of her speech. Her posture spoke a little of dominance, but not aggression unless it needed to come to that. She did not know the intentions of this female, but she wasn’t going to underestimate anything about her. She was indeed larger than she was, but who was not these days. Her white coat mixed in with Ava’s black fur as they stood side by side. She did not feel like she had to add to Ava’s question, so she just waited for the female to speak.
(This post was last modified: Apr 23, 2012, 01:12 AM by Athena.)
|| Ash is welcome to make an appearance in any thread. ||
Played by becuffin who has 860 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Naira Tainn
Lets make it a tea party then shall we? :p Won't be mentioning Kano out loud. It would mess with too many other plots >.<

<blockquote>Sleep seldom went uninterrupted for the tawny lady since the lives inside her had begun to move about. Tonight was no exception. The increasing temperature and the fact she was sharing a den made the small area excessively hot and she awoke to find herself parched. Raising her large body she nudged her mate on the cheek before escaping the confines of their den and into the comparatively comfortable night air. Making a bee-line for the lake, she may have missed the scents of her pack mates mingled with that of the creek if she wasn't so awake and her brows drew together in concern. She knew Volkan was a Creek wolf, she had met several of their other members, Rolu, Kashikoi, Nina... and her brother was there... but this was not any of those scents.

It held familiar heady tones only causing her further concern. What would a leader of the creek be doing at her borders alone? She had finally reached her destination and lowered her head to sate her thirst before she went back to further investigate. This was quite strange.

Approaching downwind and from behind their guest, for she was not yet trespassing, her chest swelled with pride at the united front her pale second and darker student presented. Arching around to join them, although not quite as close to them as to be touching at this point, she too faced her counterpart from the creek. She neither held herself dominantly nor submissively. She would wait to see how the lady reacted before she went potentially poking a bear with a stick.</blockquote>
(This post was last modified: Apr 24, 2012, 03:21 AM by Naira.)
[Image: chase.gif]
[Image: naira_by_becuffin-dawj8rp.png]

Inactive No Rank
Aeylen Onida
A tea party it shall be!

<blockquote>A rustling in the shadows caught the shewolf's acute attention. For a split second she'd nearly thought it were <i>him</i>, but immediately the differences between Rhysis and the approaching figure were drawn. She would never forget the way he'd carried himself <i>so carefully, perfectly</i>...

This shewolf was no Aquila, and instead of meeting the icy gaze that she had come to expect, her pale amber eyes fell upon two sparkling, golden orbs. The female was younger, and her scent was among those that the tawny shewolf had located earlier in the night, strewn across what she now assumed to be a territory border. Adopting a neutral posture was like second nature, and Aeylen lent her astute attention to the ebony lady's display of position. A quiet breath filled her lungs as the tip of her level tail flicked, triangle ears flattening to her crown.

<i>"That's a pretty strong scent you're bringing in here. Are you sure you belong, now?"</i>

Just as soon as the soft words were spoken another, smaller figure emerged into view before gliding to the side of her pack mate. The Tainn acknowledged the pair with a respectful nod, relieved that she had not come all this way for nothing, or so she hoped.

<b>"Where I belong is far from here,"</b> she replied firmly, ears sliding forward, the indifferent tone of her voice harboring no ill-will or disrespect. Indeed, her scent was <i>strong</i>, and so was <i>her family</i>. Briefly her gaze would rove over the ashen shewolf before a slight breeze brought yet another scent to her attention. Her nosrils flared, soaking up the signature she'd craved to find - another female, <i>marked by Rhysis</i>. Expertly, she kept her cool.

<b>"Please forgive me if I've trespassed, I am unfamiliar with the territory,"</b> the gentle words were truthful, a charming grin playing on the regal female's dark lips as she contemplated the fact that she may have come a little too close for either of the strangers' comfort. A tawny figure came to join the midnight affair, and Aeylen casually craned her head to get a good look at the woman who'd also emerged from the darkness. <i>They were a sharp group, weren't they?</i>

Had it not been for the nature of her unintentional trespass the leadess would have introduced herself (as it was rude <i>not</i> to, of course), but at the moment she was inclined to hold her tongue.

</blockquote>
(This post was last modified: Apr 24, 2012, 12:57 AM by Aeylen.)
Inactive No Rank
Ava Attaya
Just as she had expected Athena soon appeared at her side, her silent support well appreciated. It had not been long before that they were each unsure of the other, and yet such a friction was absolutely undetectable now. Together they stood, a perfect union despite their opposite appearances. It had to be said that Ava was pleased with the unknown female's reaction to the Poison Path lady-gang that had suddenly appeared in front of her. There was no venom within her tones either, "<b>Personally I find it's a little late for exploring, but to each her own journey,</b>" she admitted, her tone polite while she expressed her uncertain opinion. If she belonged far from here, then why had she come? Athena would have to have at least a little more knowledge than she did, particularly the pack from where their guest had originated. She blinded herself from thinking too deeply into the matter, though her ambiguous words were difficult to ignore. Clearly she was not new to Relic Lore. How unfamiliar could she truly be? She refrained from interrogating, feeling the situation to be a little touch-and-go yet as she hadn't enough information to make a decent decision on the proceedings. Maw shut, she waited for Athena to pass her own judgement.

The appearance of Naira only half surprised Ava, though, as she watched their tawny leader appear and descend from the opposite direction. The dark she-wolf admired her headstrong personality, both pleased and amused to have her join in their company. There was no stopping that wolf from doing her duty as she pleased. Ava briefly exchanged a glance between Athena and Naira from the corner of her eye, though she didn't switch from offense to back-up mode just yet. Doubtlessly the unnamed female would be able to determine Naira's leadership and most likely presume she would take the reins on the situation. Still, she would not break the picture of their guarding unity despite the obvious heirarchy. The intruding wolf's next move would be crucial, certainly, considering the new circumstances. If she apologized and moved on then Ava would perhaps believe she was actually just unfamiliar and would move on, accepting her mistake... but somehow she doubted that would be the outcome of the situation.

Instead, she scrunitized their company better, her entire focus centered on this she-wolf and what her reaction to what Naira had to say would be. The situation was as interesting as it was uncertain, which meant at any moment she might have to fall back, fight or defend. Ava made sure to be prepared, though she was keeping a cool, outward demeanor, simply in wait...
Played by Arya who has 547 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Athena Moon
Sorry, it's a little short. I'm running a little low on the muse tonight/:

Well it was plus that the woman was not lying. Athena had been close enough to know where Copper Rock Creek was located and indeed, it was far from here. It must have taken her a couple days to get over here. With that though in mind, she could not but wonder why she would come all this way? Must be Rhysis. Before the pack had been created, she remembered Rhysis telling her that Copper Rock Creek was after his head. Now she had to wonder, was this why she was here?

With the appearance of Naira, she felt a little more secure. She did not exactly know how she would handle the visitor. Either chased her off or asked what she wanted of them. The female again spoke and stated that she was unfamiliar with the area. That probably was not a lie on her part. She was pretty far from her home to just be wandering. She held her tongue and waited for her leader to speak first, before she would state her opinion or any incite on the matter before hand.
(This post was last modified: Apr 24, 2012, 12:58 AM by Athena.)
|| Ash is welcome to make an appearance in any thread. ||
Played by becuffin who has 860 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Naira Tainn
On second thought, it could make other plots more interesting. Sorry its short.

<blockquote>It would seem the other two were happy for her to take over the talking and the neutral mask that was quickly becoming familiar to her facial muscles etched itself deeper onto her face, partially obscured by the shifting light as a cloud passed over the moon. Within the moments of transition, the other ladies charming words would work their way into her ears and tug at her generally trusting nature. But she was quickly growing cautious. If what Rhysis said were true, the Creek wolves were after his head, and she would never doubt a word he told her.

A smile crossed her own face, not quite touching her eyes. In another world, at another time, the two may have been friends, perhaps eventually they could be... But not while ever there was a threat to her family. Cooly she responded <b>”Not quite, but obviously close enough to warrant inspection.”</b> Her posture remained relaxed, the lack of introduction didn’t go unnoticed by the tawny leader so she decided to take the lead. <b>”I am Naira, I believe my brother is your second?”</b> Why not add a little more fuel to the conversational fire?</blockquote>
[Image: chase.gif]
[Image: naira_by_becuffin-dawj8rp.png]

Inactive No Rank
Aeylen Onida
<blockquote>She would regard the dark woman's point with a gentle nod and a smile, inwardly thankful that she hadn't stumbled upon a brood of ill-tempered females, and in agreement that she really shouldn't be out wandering. Immediately following, the obvious alpha offered words of her own, confirming that the Tainn was indeed near pack territory, while nonchalantly offering a bit of information that was news to the Leader's ears. She'd been unaware that her Kanosak - always a favorite in her eyes - had a sister, in Relic Lore, much less the Leader of a pack - <i>Rhysis'</i> pack, as was evident by the intensity of his scent upon her fur.

<b>"It is my pleasure, Naira. I am Aeylen Tainn,"</b> she finally offered warmly and with caution. <b>"Once again, I apologize for my intrusion; I was unaware that Kanosak had kin in the area, but yes, he is a valuable member of my <i>family</i>."</b> It felt good to know that there was some common ground between the two Leaders, and she took a moment to rectify commonalities between Naira and Kanosak, honey eyes roving over the ill-lit features of the tawny female. But Kanosak was not the only thing they had in common; Naira's scent was telling of motherhood, <i>as was Aeylen's</i>. The thought that Rhysis may have fathered children of his own bothered her little, as she'd personally liked him to begin with, while she'd been unaware of his intentions. She had no want or business in harming a mother, or children, and if this woman were indeed Rhysis' mate, she now worried what would become of the female when his tainted fire burned through Relic Lore.

There was no time to waste, and now that she'd located where she believed the Aquila man to be, she openly admitted her reason for being here. Her amber eyes delved deeply into those of her perpendicular equal.

<b>"I am here in search of an old acquaintance of mine - <i>Rhysis Aquila</i>."</b> The words, she knew, were dropped like a bomb would be. Astutely she waited for the reactions of the band of women, well aware that at least one of them would know exactly who she spoke of.</blockquote>
(This post was last modified: May 02, 2012, 08:12 PM by Aeylen.)
Inactive No Rank
Ava Attaya
( sorry it's so short! :x )

Well, now she was completely immersed in oblivion, for she had not even the slightest idea what the connection was between this Aeylen Tainn and Rhysis, and still hadn't been able to pick up anything about this pack (where Naira's brother was the second?) that she commanded. It felt almost as if she had approached the encounter half-way through it, even though she had been the first one to arrive. The dark she-wolf refused to let the uncertainty she felt show in her eyes, but it was apparent as she voiced nothing in response to the lady's intent for arriving at the Lost Lake that night. Part of her wished desperately to glance at Athena or her tawny leader, to search their expressions for signs of distress or any other knowledge or input she could get on the situation. But Ava would show know weakness, and highly doubted that - if there was any actual trouble - the other she-wolves would show any signs of it either.

Instead her amber gaze remained unwaveringly, and still unthreateningly, upon the guest to their homelands. The very least she could do was pay attention and watch the spectacle unfold while she stood tall beside her two pack mates. In her silent vigilance she had the moment to grasp at straws. She was not immune to the poor reputation some had placed upon their pack, more usually Rhysis himself. Ava had found most of their dislike stemmed from the betrayal of the River wolves. Perhaps this other pack was allies with Swift River and that had something to do with it? It couldn't have anything to do with Naira, as the relationship hadn't even been known until but a moment ago. It was frustrating, not knowing anything about the encounter that was playing out before her, but she didn't allow it to hinder her performance. Outside of her duty there was also much to learn tonight...