(See All?) Announcements
471 Users Online
Google, Bing, Galen, Kokonoe, Isla

Courage is when we face our fears — Sanguine Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by PuppyThief who has 153 posts.
Sanguine Cove VI. Guardian
Leo Vuesain

He’d been exhausted ever since their return from the Falls. The trek through smoke filled valleys had left him with a persistent cough, and a tightness in his chest making him feel constantly out of breath, struggling even after the short walk from the den to the cache. He hated having to take from the stores without being able to replenish them, the last thing the Cove needed right now was him being a burden – what they needed were a guardian!

So, as soon as he started to feel better, Leo went in search of his leader, intent on taking the next step in pulling his weight around here. Last Fall they’d talked about sparring, so much had happened since then, but the Vuesain heir was finally ready to take Nash up on that offer. As soon as he caught scent of the older man, he sent out a short howl, letting him know that he was looking for him; The time for rest is over!

Played by Flywolf who has 606 posts.
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall

He was tired.

Nash wondered if he hadn't had enough time to recover from his illness before the smoke descended upon them. Most days he was okay, but sometimes it felt as though there was a weakness in his limbs he just couldn't master. He hoped with the smoke beginning to clear he might finally be back to normal. He had too much to do to worry about his own body failing him.

Speaking of things to do, Leo's call met his ears and Nash turned to trot towards the request, tail sweeping behind him in curiosity. It seemed he wasn't the only one ready for the smoke to finish clearing. "Good afternoon," he greeted warmly, smiling at the young man. He was looking good, considering their circumstances, giving the leader hope for the coming winter.

Played by PuppyThief who has 153 posts.
Sanguine Cove VI. Guardian
Leo Vuesain

Nash soon appeared out of the smoke, and Leo greeted him with a soft woof, tail wagging back in rhythm with the other’s. His face remained serious though, eyes firmly locked on his leader as he simply nodded – to fixated on his purpose to answer. Instead he pushed forwards, eager to get to the point; “I’ve been feeling a lot better, with the smoke fading and all, and I was thinking…” A brief pause, his jaw set in determination; “I wanna learn to fight, so I can protect the pack properly!”

Last year, the notion had scared him a little, the memory of what had happened to his father still too fresh in his mind. He didn’t want to hurt anyone, but if something, or someone attacked the Cove, he needed to be able to defend them. There would not be another Sephrina; Or another Aleister…!

”Speech" Thoughts

[Image: FFeXvE1.png] [Image: LuHJBlS.png]
Played by Flywolf who has 606 posts.
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall

Nash listened politely as Leo started, explaining that he was feeling better with the smoke fading. Nash had to admit relief; they all seemed to be bouncing back, for the most part, and the pack was growing stronger once again. Even Eclypse. Then Leo continued and Nash's ears perked up. Leo had mentioned the desire to become a guardian in the past, and then the year unfolded the way it did and Nash hadn't had time to really teach the boy anything. They'd barely been hanging on as it was.

"I would say I'd hope it won't be necessary, but the reality of mountain living is danger," the leader said. "Fighting different opponents requires different techniques. You wouldn't fight a bear the same way you would a cougar, or either the way you would another wolf. The variety is worth having. What would you like to know?" Starting one at a time would be best, but Nash would make sure he was available to help him. He wished Chan was still here; he was so much more knowledgeable about these things.

No, Nash thought, making himself pause. He needed to be more confident. He'd earned his own set of scars as trophies, gained his own experience. He was the leader of Sanguine Cove; he needed to have confidence. He'd made it this long - he was more than capable of teaching Leo too.