Google, Bing

Fisher Ridge — Fisher's Split 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Vami who has 66 posts.
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Rashina Archer
For @Llinnea.

The Fisher's Split.

Ra could smell others on the breeze. There did not seem to be all that many. Yet with their small number and the Ridge wolves own faltering few, together they would be a decent enpugh group. One which might give them far better odds for survival in the coming winter.

Each step Ra took was careful and slow as ever. She'd lift a paw, take one long stride and before placing her foot down fully, would feel the solidity of the earth with her toes. Running water was somewhere ahead- A river? A creek? It smelt far more fresh than that of the still pools and lakes, crusted over with a layer of ash.

Ra had every intention of meeting these Fisher wolves and perhaps together, the Fisher wolves and the Ridge wolves would become something else. Something better.
Played by Flywolf who has 100 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Llinea Ingersdatter

Others were coming - or perhaps she was going? Llinnea didn't know how to feel about this development, the idea that they might leave their little home and join another. She felt safe here, safe with Loach and their split at the river. He hadn't found her here. What was the point of leaving to join others anyway? Everybody always left in the end. Everybody except Loach, unless she didn't go with him. It wasn't even a question, really. She would follow him, even if if meant leaving. She'd left a home before.

Llinnea had yet to meet any of these others, though that seemed to be about to change. She smelled them first and, curious, turned to look. A wolf was coming, with cloudy white eyes. The girl hesitated, then sighed and waded back towards the shore, shaking herself off and regarding the approaching stranger warily. Llinnea didn't know if this was one of those others Loach had met, but she could at least be polite. "Hi," she said.

Currently traveling with Loach and Claw
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Rashina Archer
Footsteps. A soft sigh. Someone drawing nearer and nearer still. Then a woman's voice- young, it sounded, perhaps born the same year as Eve and her brothers. Ra paused in her slow strides, tipping her head up and pointing her muzzle in the general direction of the other. Opal eyes seeking, yet never seeing- not this world, at least.

Hello to you. She greets back warmly, a small smile on her lips. Was this one of her future people? A packmate? Are you one who follows the man Loach? She questions, head tilting ever slightly and her ears swerving about her skull to catch anything- everything.
(This post was last modified: Oct 03, 2023, 02:44 AM by Rashina.)
                                                                                                   ⋆。˚☽˚。⋆                                                              
"Moon Mother,
bring us your light, for the night is dark and full of terrors.
" 
Inactive No Rank
Llinea Ingersdatter

The woman turned her nose towards Llinnea and the yearling eyed her. The milky white of her eyes Unnerved her, and she realized with a start she was blind. And spoke funny, though Llinnea couldn't really judge her for that.

"Yes," she said. "And you?" Not only was the woman a stranger, Llinnea hadn't smelled her around - which means @Loach hadn't brought her. From their new merger, likely... she wondered how many more were wandering about the area. She had to admit, she hoped they'd stay close to the split. She'd grown quite fond of it.

Remembering her manners, Llinnea added, "Llinnea." It wasn't stiff or cold, but simply out there. She hadn't been a wolf of many words for a long time now.

Inactive VI. Subordinate
Rashina Archer
An answer and then a question back in turn. "I am a woman of the Ridge, or rather, once was." She says with a little smile. Another delicate foot slides forward nearer, then the other. Her nose goes to work and her large ears continuously swiveling around her skull.

"Llinnea, I am Ra of the Archer blood." She reclines then, the grass full and soft under her. "I believe you have an Archer in your group, as well." At least so that she had been told by Eve, who was quite delighted to share the news that more of their family still wandered these lands. In ways, those who remained were like ghosts of an Empire's past.
                                                                                                   ⋆。˚☽˚。⋆                                                              
"Moon Mother,
" 
Inactive No Rank
Llinea Ingersdatter

The woman spoke, and for once this was someone who spoke in a similar cadence to the yearling, her words clear and precise and not jumbled together like everyone else Llinnea always ran into. Llinnea tilted her head slightly. "I knew Archer," she said, finding a sort of joy in the familiar name. "He looked after us, my bror and me." But he wasn't part of their little group. Llinnea didn't pay much mind to family names, only knew that she was Ingerdatter, and that Archer had been a Valle. She didn't know Archer was itself a family name - the very thing her once-friend had been named after. She hadn't seen him or any of the Backwater wolves since she'd left. "He is home in Dead Empress Backwater," she added, almost apologetically, like it was her fault he wasn't here where she was looking for him.

Llinnea searched for something to ask. She ought to try to be conversational. She needed to try to be polite for Loach's sake. "Loach said you are leader?" she landed on, thinking about what little she'd actually paid attention to.

Inactive VI. Subordinate
Rashina Archer
The young woman spoke of Archer, that he had looked after her and her brother. That he lived in Dead Empress Backwater. A name of a pack which Ra only knew vaguely in passing. A not particularly attractive sounding name either. Ra didnt think she would want to live in a place, which sounded like a runoff swampy land haunted by a dead empress.

It dawned on Ra that this woman was speaking of a wolf named Archer and not one that was part of the Archer family name. Ra of course, did not have the heart to correct her otherwise, especially when her voice had filled with a happiness at the thought of him.

"I am now, yes." The conversation changed, though not particularly to a lighter one. "Our former leader in Hagar, had become ill and so our group made a vote for its new leader." She would explain. "Hagar has since left this world." A frown, deep in her features and then, "Do you all stay here, by these running waters?"
                                                                                                   ⋆。˚☽˚。⋆                                                              
"Moon Mother,
" 
Inactive No Rank
Llinea Ingersdatter

The woman made no comment about Archer and Llinnea figured he must not be the Archer she was talking about. How was she to know it was also a linneage? She let the memory of the man go; it wasn't likely she would meet him again anyway. Instead she focused on Ra, on what she said in the strange way she said it. Her ears dropped back in sympathy. "I am sorry," she said. She didn't know what else to offer, as she had never met this Hagar.

Luckily Ra offered a change of topic. Llinnea glanced back at the waters in question. "We live here, for now," she said. She liked it here and would prefer to stay at the Split, but Loach had never really called it home and whatever he said was home, so would she.

Inactive VI. Subordinate
Rashina Archer
Thank you. Ra spoke in response to the sympathies offered by the other woman, despite not having knowing him personally herself.

Then the change of topic, which was good for the both of them. I would like to stay near the waters myself. She admitted, whether it was this split in the river here or elsewhere. I enjoy the sounds of the running water and the fresh misty smell in the air. Two senses she could enjoy not that her sight was gone.

Do others still remain, besides you, Loach and my brother? All seemed quiet. Well, besides the woman with her now.
(This post was last modified: Nov 26, 2023, 04:29 AM by Rashina.)
                                                                                                   ⋆。˚☽˚。⋆                                                              
"Moon Mother,
"