(See All?) Announcements
601 Users Online
Google, Bing

it's giving... miserable — Fisher's Split 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Tasha who has 27 posts.
Inactive Pup
Brielle Macieo

Hunger mounted in her belly, and her prospects grew more and more glum by the minute. There was a sigh of apprehension as she failed once more in her hunting attempts, having fumbled on the leap to result in landing short of the rabbit that promptly raised out from underneath her nose in an almost taunting manner. She had begun to grow more thin, simply from the nature of what it was to be a lone wolf as winter began to set in… her mother? Still missing, which troubled her greatly all the same. She didn’t fully understand what had happened, all she knew was that her mother had told her to run, and she had.

And she missed her… dearly… and asked about her every night, begging for her to return despite the ways she was told it would not be happening. Why not? She was a Princess, their little Princess, and that meant she could get whatever she wanted!

There was anger in it’s place… an anger that she could not seem to find her, and that no one seemed to care. She continued to grow increasingly small in an ever large world… the new places she found did not have the same excitement they once did… the wolves around her did not have the same joy. It all grew darker, and it was her mother telling her to run and then abandoning her that had caused it to happen. Even Papa was gone now!

And that brought it’s own form of misery… a misery met by the harsh realities a pup should not yet have to face… a harsh Cinderella story in reverse for the once Princess. There was a gentle whine that escaped her maw, her nose twitching as her belly rumbled once more in protest.

”Speech"

Played by Cade who has 144 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Clouse Charity Archer
Clouse had never been one to go out of his own way for those less fortunate. Suffering happened, why tie himself to it as well? @Loach though... he seemed to have an affinity for orphans. So as the Archer paused to sample the air, discerning age and a lacking presence of others, he actually considered tracking the kid down.

Were they like ducklings, did they latch onto whoever they saw first? At what age did that stop? He mulled over the pros and cons, before finally giving out a low woof. Putting the ball in the child's court instead. If it ran from him, he could say the matter was out of his paws. If it didn't... well, maybe it'd end up being something that made the fisherwolf smile.
Inactive Pup
Brielle Macieo

She had been perfectly content to mull in her own anger when the woof caught her attention, her head snapping as she recalled her mother’s last words to her. Perhaps it was the woman? The one that Brielle had been told to run from, and to find her father… a father that she no longer saw around. Her teeth gnawed as she contemplated, a prickle of fear lingering under the surface that she fought hard to keep from her gaze. There was confliction in her eyes all the same.

Still, something about the smile of the fisherwolf caused her shoulders to relax, a cautious look on her features as she took a small step back though she would say nothing. “Who are you?” She would ask, ever blunt as she stared the man down. She did recall a caution to strangers that her parents had impressed upon her… it seemed more prevalent now than it ever had before, given that neither of them were around to answer her beck and call.

”Speech"

Inactive No Rank
Clouse Charity Archer
The child seemed guarded, which was of course appropriate. She smelled of another, but the scent wasn't so fresh as to hint that whoever her companion was might around. Perhaps she'd wandered away from her caretaker, just needed help getting back? That wouldn't be too bad, he supposed.

"Clouse," he answered, before returning, "who are you?"

Whatever was going on, he didn't sense any kind of immediate danger. It's not like she was bleeding or gasping for water. Was this how big @Llinnea had been when Loach found her? Ears and paws all mismatched from her body?
Inactive Pup
Brielle Macieo
I let it fall, my heart
set fire to the rain

Despite the fact that the pale girl had asked the question first, with little respect or signs of curiosity in her tone, she was taken aback when the question was turned on her. Was it not obvious? A gentler shiver ran down her spine at the question, her ears pressed against her skull as her nose twitched and she debated how she was to answer. There was hesitation, though the cause of it was unclear even to the girl. “Clouse?” She chose instead to question the name, feeling that it was uncomfortable on her tongue, strange compared to the more gentle names of Anatole or Woya or Adelard. They simply flowed better to her.

“Brielle.” She would finally state, deciding that she indeed to offer up a name of her own. In the back of her mind, her mother scolded her for being rude, or her father reminded her to mind her manners… such things were rare, but in their absence she would superimpose her own subconscious onto their images and allow them to continue guiding her. She simply wished they would hurry up and return to her so she might actually learn how to deal with these situations.

“What are you doing here?” She would follow up with another question, her eyes cautiously lingering on the man, a hesitant step backwards as she recalled her mother telling her to run from a stranger the last time she had seen her.

(// Tasha
Inactive No Rank
Clouse Charity Archer
Why did she look perpetually affronted? Clouse wasn't so sure he liked this one. Reminded him of a couple of cousins. But at least she answered, giving him something to work with.

'What are you doing here?'

He couldn't help but expel a soft, audible breath at the question. Like a scoff, with a hint of amusement.

"I live here. For now."

His silver eyes looked around, kind of hoping no one else appeared behind him to hear that. Particularly a miss @Llinnea, or even @Rashina.

"Why are you here?"
(This post was last modified: Dec 19, 2023, 05:24 AM by Clouse.)
Inactive Pup
Brielle Macieo
I let it fall, my heart
set fire to the rain

Brielle's eyes, a shade of deep amber, narrowed slightly as she processed Clouse's response. The air around them seemed to carry a tension that matched the uncertainty in her gaze.

"Live here?" she echoed, her voice a low murmur, almost as if testing the words on her tongue. Her wolfish instincts kicked in, and she took a cautious step to the side, keeping a safe distance. "In this territory?"

A subtle growl rumbled in her throat, a response to the underlying unease that lingered in the air. The idea of sharing her space with another wolf, especially one she knew so little about, did not sit well with her. Her mother's teachings echoed in her mind, urging caution in dealing with strangers.

She tilted her head, studying Clouse with a scrutinizing gaze. "I don't recall seeing you before. What pack are you from?" Brielle's posture was a mix of curiosity and wariness, her tail giving a slight flick as she awaited his answer. Or did he even have a pack? Or was he a loner, like her? All alone?

(// Tasha
Inactive No Rank
Clouse Charity Archer
This time he didn't get an answer, deepening that likeness he'd imagined to younger generations amongst his own lineage. Oh well. He supposed they couldn't all be diamonds in the rough. Some kids were probably even abandoned for good reason. The girl seemed uneasy with the idea of him, or was it her situation entirely? There was a lot that could be affronting her, he supposed.

"Do you not want me here?" he asked, subtle lilts in lips and voice both communicating a mildly teasing, amused nature.

"What pack are you from?"

Brielle wouldn't get far with him if she didn't want to answer questions herself. Clouse had no issue in snubbing a kid.
Inactive Pup
Brielle Macieo
I let it fall, my heart
set fire to the rain

Brielle's eyes, a swirling mix of skepticism and latent ferocity, held steady as Clouse's question hung in the air. The tension around them thickened, mirroring the conflict within her. She wasn't one to back down easily, especially when it came to her territory.

"I'm not opposed to company," she retorted, her voice carrying a hint of defiance. "But I do not know you, therefore why would I welcome you?" All that she could think of was her mother's warnings about strangers, and how they could be dangerous. Was this man dangerous? Perhaps he played a role in the disappearance of her mother and her father? She knew not...

Her gaze bore into Clouse, her wolfish instincts on high alert. The subtle growl that had resonated in her throat earlier now transformed into a low, persistent rumble. She wasn't one to be trifled with, and her guarded posture reflected that. She was far from threatening in the eyes of many, but she did not see it that way.

"I do have a pack. We have territory nearby," she replied cryptically, deliberately sidestepping a direct answer about whomst she might be aligned. "What about you? Or are you just a lone wolf roaming wherever you please?" The air crackled with the unspoken challenge. Brielle's tail twitched impatiently, awaiting Clouse's response. The idea of an unknown wolf encroaching on her territory didn't sit well, and she needed more than charm and teasing to ease her reservations. Her mother's teachings echoed louder in her mind, reminding her of the importance of discernment and caution in the unpredictable world of wolves. She wished her brother were here... or her father... or someone who could better handle the situation.

(// Tasha
Inactive No Rank
Clouse Charity Archer
She was pushing the envelope now. His ears raised as her growling deepened, that smile of his slowly ebbing away. He knew plenty of wolves personally that would have already attacked her, at the least grabbing her muzzle with their jaws. Apparently, there were some lessons she had been missing, likely spoiled by her parents rather than properly reared. They risked losing her early for that.

"This is my home," he asserted, tail and skull raising to begin displaying dominance.

"My wolves aren't so far they won't be able to help me if my mouth got my ass kicked."

Was she old enough to take that hint? His chin tucked as he glowered down at her.