248 Users Online
Bing, Google

The Storm We're Caught In — Dead Empress Backwater 
Print · · Subscribe · 1 Loves ·
Played by WildFlower who has 127 posts.
Inactive V. Subordinate
Sage Hervok
some fairy tales are more than true

The was exciting, a form of fun she hadn't partaken in since being a pup. Maybe this was something they should do more often in their free time. Ollie didn't seem opposed to her antics, in fact, the expression on his face made her confidence waiver. He seemed so sure of himself. "Sounds fair to me!" She shouted over her shoulder, accepting his terms. It would raise her chances of beating the larger wolf.

Sage could feel his presence behind her and attempted to kick herself into high gear as she sprinted across the snow. Another sharp turn seemed to do the trick, and the woman quickly circled back. Her teeth outstretched as she grasped for his tail with the utmost gentle of chomps. His fur graced her tongue, making her face crinkle at the texture, while her tail waved above her back. She let out a playful growl before letting go, twisting about to dart off again. "Catch me if you can!"

The woman turned her head in time to see her own mistake, legs lifting into a springy jump. Had she lingered on his form a moment longer she might've crashed into the log. Her paws touched back down to the ground and she tumbled over herself into a soft landing. It didn't hurt, but now she was scrambling to find her footing before he could get her.

"She speaks" She walks She thinks

[Image: SWS_MostLikelytoGetTogether_tri.png] Dead Empress Backwater [Image: SWS_MostEndearingMoment_tri.png]

Played by Greyer who has 134 posts.
Dead Empress Backwater V. Medic
Oleander Valle
He felt the grasp of teeth over the end of his tail. Oleander: 0. Sage: 1. "'ey!" he barked at her, tone loud but playful with how he laughed after the fact, whipping his tail back as soon as she let go. He whipped about, catching sight of her in a blur, darting beyond his reach. "Catch me if you can!"

"I'm gonna!" he teased, taunting. Gangly limbs found footing in the snow beneath him and he spied her ivory form clearing over a fallen log. As successful of a jump as it was, Oleander found himself hopping onto the log and then off of it, landing beside her. A split second more and he would have missed his chance. A gentle nibble at her tail earned him a point.

Oleander: 1
Sage: 1

Tied neck-and-neck, round three was for the win. All Oleander had to do was get out of range and circle around her. Turning on his heels, he leaped back over the tree trunk, slipping off it and onto the other side. Like her, he struggled with the landing and it took him a second to regain his footing. He glanced behind him, a moment's glimpse of vulnerability. At this point, it was anyone's game... but, looking back might have cost him everything...
they say pray it away, i swear,
OLEANDER VALLE
that I'll never be a saint, no way
Inactive V. Subordinate
Sage Hervok

A chorus of giggles filled the air as Sage made her grand escape, spitting out a few stray strands of white from her mouth. He called after that he would indeed catch her. The woman playfully scrunched her face, sticking her salmon tongue out.

After her crashlanding Sage tried to get up before he could snatch her, but it was futile. A soft touch to her tail had the woman gleefully squealing like a girl. She laughed and whipped around to follow him.

Sage teetered on top of the slippery surface, looking down at him with a mischievous grin spread ear to ear.  The male looked back and they locked eyes. The satisfaction of such was all hers, with the grace of a newborn fawn Sage lept from the log. Her paws outstretched in a lovely flailing motion as she contacted with his rump, knocking herself into him with a loud huff.

She collapsed to the ground belly up beside him, her attack having spun her around in an odd manner that left her without much of a choice. Not wasting a second she reached up to give a soft tug to his tail. Then her pale head met the cold snow with a laugh, "I think I need landing classes."

"She speaks" She walks She thinks

[Image: SWS_MostLikelytoGetTogether_tri.png] Dead Empress Backwater [Image: SWS_MostEndearingMoment_tri.png]

Played by Greyer who has 134 posts.
Dead Empress Backwater V. Medic
Oleander Valle
If he hadn’t turned around, Oleander could’ve defended his rank. He would have sprung out of reach in time to dodge Sage’s grasp. As it was, the moment he turned and attempted to grab her tail, she collided with him… her chest to the side of his rump…

Oof!

And down, down, down they both went. She landed belly up and he was on the ground on his side facing her. The woman had a something of a good side-swipe. He let out a guffaw he couldn’t rein back, the whole of his body trembling in laughter. It was then she reached out and tugged on his tail. 2-1, Sage had won.

Oleander let out a yelp of surprise before he continued in a fit of chortles, his tail caught in her jowls. When she let go, her own laughter joined his. If anyone deserved a place to the wolves of the Backwater, it was Sage; and, she had won fair in square.

Only when he was able to collect himself, he rolled over and crept closer to her. “Well-played,” he gave her a toothy grin. “Hones’ly didnt see that comin’.” A sigh of contentment after catching his breath. Then came an affirmation of the rank exchange that had taken place. Oleander reached out and nudged the bridge of his nose to her chin, gracing it with a lick of his tongue. A gesture of submission. “Good match, Miss Hervok.”
they say pray it away, i swear,
OLEANDER VALLE
that I'll never be a saint, no way
Inactive V. Subordinate
Sage Hervok

Sage was met with the delightful sound of Oleander's laughter filling her ears, sparking more of her girlish giggles. This had been fun. She hadn't realized just how much she needed to cut loose for a few. She could feel him approaching and rolled to her side to watch him, unsure of what he was up to. The challenge had been won, but what was the game over? Green eyes intently studied the male. His compliment was met with a subtle smirk, "You too."

She laughed, "I caught you off guard." She gave a playful wink, raising her head in a jesting manner of bragging. Sage hadn't expected the touch, her chin settling onto his muzzle. She wasn't used to being so close, she liked to physically keep others at an arm's distance. Didn't want to accidentally procreate and whatnot. Her ears flickered forward to listen. She'd won. She'd done it. She'd taken a step towards securing her home. A sigh of relief left the woman and she all but crumbled into him, fighting back the urge to fully embrace.

"FADE"