Bing

Following a shattered trail — Wild Cherry Orchard 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Hex who has 11 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Iris Dayheart
Few Clouds
8.51 ° F, -13.05 ° C

Despite how the sun was peeking through the few clouds that lingered in the sky Iris barely took note of what was would likely be a pleasant day. Her focus trained on the mountain in the distance. She knew it would take more time than she cared for to reach it, let alone climb the thing. Assuming she could find a clear path up on the first try.

A frown tugged at her lips as she walked. That nagging unease scratched and clawed at her insides. There was a chance that this wasn't the mountain that her brother had gone to, that she would find herself alone once she reached the top. It wasn't a pleasant thought for her in the slightest. She had always liked to wander off and investigate different things but she had always had someone or someplace to return to. With their parents disappearance it left her with only Creed as an anchor, and without him she would be a leaf floating aimlessly.

Her lips curled up in a faint snarl. If he wasn't there then she would search every single mountain until she found him. With new determination filling her veins she quickened her pace as she weaved between the trees, her gaze pinned to the mountain in the distance.

Played by WildFlower who has 31 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Cashew Lakewood
The barren orchard wasn't the most opportune of places to hold up during winter, despite the teaming life that would come by springtime. Still, the male had found himself a hollowed-out log to hold up in until he felt the need to move along. He'd made it more homey and comfortable with a few pelts he'd managed to either scavenge or bring back from hunting trips. It was coming together as nicely as it could for a loner in the wintertime. A content sigh left the boy as he rested his chin on muddy-colored paws. His eyes drifted closed even though he was very much awake. It was a nice day to simply exist, but wasn't every day? There was always much to find pleasant and be grateful for. He was healthy, fed, and camped out somewhere safe. Being alone wasn't permanent and his mindset was confirmed by the scent of another wolf.

Her paw steps could be heard as she quickened her pace. Intrigued, Cashew crawled out from his temporary home and glanced in the direction the sound was coming from. His tail wagged when he spotted the ebony woman, "Everything alright, miss?"
We'll get him falling for a stranger, a player
Inactive No Rank
Iris Dayheart
It was like the world had immediately decided to test her new found resolve by throwing a strange wolf at her. Iris turned to the brown wolf with a frown, golden eyes narrowing, as she paused her steps. The only thing stopping her from immediately snapping her fangs at him and growling was the fact that he looked friendly. Her parents had taught her manners even if she didn't always use them.

"For the moment." She told him eyeing his scrawny frame. "But since you're trying to stick your nose in my business do you know any paths up that mountain?" The dark woman asked tipping her nose to Dire mountain. She doubted he would know but she figured she would ask. The faster she got up the mountain the faster she got to Creed and what better way to do that than ask a local. Yet, based on his looks and the fact that he had apparently crawled out of a random log he might not be as knowledgeable about the area as she wanted.
Inactive No Rank
Cashew Lakewood
Spicy The male thought, his left eyebrow-raising to curl above honey-brown depths. "Now Darlin'" His twang came out a little heavier than normal, "I meant no intrusion, just checking on a lovely lady." He chuckled...was she really lovely? Her attitude didn't help her out much. Sure she was pretty, but a black wolf with yellow eyes was nothing new. It was common. She was an ordinary sort of pretty who wouldn't stand out in a crowd. He turned to look over his shoulder at the mentioned mountain, "Afraid not." Isn't it a bit risky to go climbing mountains in wintertime? He thought to himself before returning his calm gaze to the female. "I can, however, offer a spot to warm up and a bite to eat. Not the freshest kill, but I have some buried leftovers." He gave her a cheery smile, not allowing her demeanor to affect his composure.
Inactive No Rank
Iris Dayheart
Nicknames were for friends and family and he certainly wasn't either of those two. The fact that he so easily called her by one made her lips twitch with the urge to bare them but she held back...barely. Despite that he was still being polite in the face of her annoyance.

"I didn't think you would but I had to ask." Iris sighed in resignation before she tipped her head and squinted at him in confusion. She hadn't been the nicest to him and here he was offering her food and a place to rest. It would definitely help her travels and make it easier for her to go a bit longer without stopping.

"I won't say no to a meal but why would you go out of your way to offer me food and shelter?" The dark woman asked baffled but curious. "I doubt you have a lot to spare with it being winter." She hadn't come across that many tracks in the area so he was either a good hunter or he had been lucky.
(This post was last modified: Mar 03, 2024, 03:56 AM by Iris. Edit Reason: Spelling )
Inactive No Rank
Cashew Lakewood
Cashew found himself thoroughly amused by his unexpected company. He could see the flicker of movement on her face like she was biting back a snarl. The male kept a snicker buried deep within himself and opted not to rile her further. "Thanks for the vote of confidence." The jest was playful, well-meaning, and not the brightest option for the conversation. It was clear this didn't dawn on the smiling fool.

He chuckled, "Seems like the right thing to do." That was it. Why not help someone else out? "Everyone's struggling, why not brighten someone else's day?" Cashew was an optimistic. He didn't doubt himself in finding his next meal regardless of how things were around them. He'd found a cache of frozen apples not too long ago with that stunning she-wolf...what was her name again? He scratched his brain but failed to pull @Annie from his memories. " Besides, it's not out of my way." With that he turned to walk alongside the log and began digging at his covered cache.

After the layer of insulation was removed he announced, "Ya got your choices between a half-eaten hare and a scavenged bird." If it was him he'd taken the latter. He'd found it succumbed to the harsh winter and from what he could tell its wing had broken. Unable to fly it'd frozen to death.
Inactive No Rank
Iris Dayheart
Iris chose to ignore his jest. It was either that or threaten to sink her teeth into his smiling face. Which would be all sorts of wrong considering he was still showing her manners, offering her free food, and a place to get warm. The dark woman had no plans on taking the later however since she wanted cover some ground today. She was comfortable traveling at night but with it being winter and the snow hiding dips and dangerous ridges that could break something so she didn't want to chance it.

The dark woman snorted softly in amusement at his response. "Careful about who you're offering your things to. Some might just take it all from you and leave you with nothing." She had been warned too many times about strangers and the dangers that they might bring. About wolves that ate loners and outsiders after offering them shelter.

"Whatever is smaller. I won't be abusing your hospitality and kindness just because you offered it." Iris said not bothering to try and look past him into his cache. They were both loners and she wasn't about to be greedy with a free meal.
Inactive No Rank
Cashew Lakewood
Cashew was unbothered by her response, "Then I'll just find more." His voice was nonchalant, a clear indicator that he hadn't a worry. The world was his oyster. His life had mostly been good to him. He was even certain that he would be reunited with his family someday, or find a new one. Either was fine. Now, that didn't mean he didn't love them, it simply meant he could go with the flow. That meant dodging the punches as they came. He had no problem making due with what he had. While not the sharpest tool in the shed, he was resourceful.

He rolled his eyes while still facing away from the ebony woman. Of course. She seemed self-righteous or something. He hadn't placed it, but he'd already decided her mood had no control on his own. He lowered his head, his teeth latching onto the harry leg of a rabbit. The goose was skinner but more filling than a half-eaten carcass. If she wanted the lesser, that was solely on her.

He brought it to her paws, dropping it with a flirty, "'M lady." before returning to cover his cache.
Inactive No Rank
Iris Dayheart
She mentally shrugged if he wanted to keep offering his help to strangers then that was on him. Maybe one day he would wind up with someone dragging him off into darkness never to see light again. Of course he might just be lucky and always meet the more friendly wolves who wouldn't dream of harming others. Who was she kidding one of these days someone was going to sink their teeth in him because life wasn't kind for long. It just wasn't going to her, at least not today.

"Just call me Iris." The dark woman chuckled with a smile. Placing a paw on the hare to hold it down she dipped her head to start eating, her attention split between the meal and on him. A part of her still watchful of any aggressive movements from him now that she was partly distracted. She didn't think he would however. He was a bit strange in an overly friendly way but that seemed to be it.
(This post was last modified: Mar 03, 2024, 05:40 AM by Iris. Edit Reason: Coding )
Inactive No Rank
Cashew Lakewood
The corners of his lips tugged up into a smirk. He'd finally gotten a shred of trust out of the stranger. A pretty name for someone so uptight. "Lakewood, Cashew Lakewood." The tone of his voice betrayed just how proud he was of his last name. He backed away to rest on his haunches. Brown eyes scanned their surroundings. All seemed quiet and still in the dead of winter, spare for the cold wind that would occasionally howl. He could feel her gaze burning into his flesh and flickered his eyes to hers. "Don't worry, my face is unforgettable." He gave a flirty wink, truth held behind his jest. His face was outlined in a distinctive mask that stood out from other wolves of similar coloration.

FADE