(See All?) Announcements
444 Users Online
Google, Bing, Baidu

Harden you heart — Sanguine Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by WildFlower who has 13 posts.
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Creed Coldheart
The man sat there, stoic as ever. Underneath his dark mask brewed an anger towards an unknown wolf. He didn't know anyone here well, but if his mother loved them, they mattered. A lockdown meant that he would not be able to visit her gravesite. His head would turn to the pale woman as she spoke, then back to her leader. "Can a guardian party be sent out to investigate?" He asked, hoping for the opportunity to hunt down the attacker. He agreed that sitting idly could be a dangerous move.

Creed could care less about the breeding ban. His parents had taught him that was the leader's right. To usher in a new generation without competition. Such didn't bother him. He had no mate, no interest in kids, and no desire for anyone. The only thing that carried importance with the message was protecting packmates. A killer was on the loose and so were lone wolves looking for naive young women. He glanced about the youngest of faces.
Played by Sunshine who has 88 posts.
Sanguine Cove VIII. Subordinate
Galen Vuesain
It was rather astounding, if he was being honest, how many faces new and familiar alike came to gather under the beckoning of their leader. When was the last time the pack felt so..full? Like an actual pack rather than a small band of relatives clinging to this cursed mountain waiting for the rocky soil to claim another life one way or another. The thought was short lived, though, as Galen's attention refocused on Nash once he began to speak, issuing forth rules that he himself found himself agreeing with to an extent.

A natural reaction to the situation as a whole, Galen could feel the guard hairs along his nape begin to bristle and the inky lining of his lips twitch in threat of pulling back to offer a snarl when Nash mentioned the audacity of someone attempting to kill his best friend. Immediately the rage he had otherwise kept to himself bubbled within the confines of his chest, feeding a part of the swarthy youth that wished he could sink tarnished teeth into the hide of the culprit. To ensure they felt the pain Magg was forced to endure tenfold which even then felt far too inadequate in his opinion.

Then their leader implemented that because of such, a lock down would be put into effect. At this the Vuesain had no initial qualms, listening intently as he continued to enforce the rules put into place about breeding this year. Similar to some of the other younger faces gathered Galen was on the cusp of adulthood which meant certain changes would be beginning to unfold for him, certain mistakes that could be made if he wasn't careful. In regards to the breeding laws put in place the swarthy youth felt indifferent much like his comrades seemed to when he allowed his gaze to sweep over them again once silence fell allowing those gathered to voice their opinions if they had any disagreements.

For the most part silence reigned until an unfamiliar woman spoke up, declaring her disapproval toward the lock down. Her words had swarthy ears pricking forward curiously, shifting his gaze to their leader before a second voice spoke up. Molten gold eyes sought out the face of a dark colored man, listening to him speak as well before shifting his weight some. A chance for revenge enough to make the youth momentarily forget the soreness and exhaustion that plagued his body while his gaze once more moved to Nash. There was a certain fire that burned behind his eyes as he spoke. "I understand your concern, but I have to agree with both of them. This attacker needs to be found and brought to justice, but that can't happen if we just sit around and wait for them to come to us. I've had to sit and watch the pain she's had to..." He gritted his teeth and clenched his jaw, fighting the anger that wanted to lash out. Nash had witnessed her pain too. Surely seen the damage left behind and surely not just the physical.

For now, though, he allowed himself to fall silent again. A deep breath helping to reel back in the anger for it was not the pack that deserved the force of his wrath. Ultimately the decision of what was to be done wouldn't fall on his shoulders, but he would be the first to offer himself if a chance to actually help arose.
(This post was last modified: Mar 14, 2024, 08:14 AM by Galen.)
Played by Cade who has 160 posts.
Sanguine Cove X. Lowest
Magg Eastfall-Slayer
SHE SAYS THAT BEAUTY IS PAIN

The words flittered in and out of her realm of understanding, gleaning only snippets of what was being said despite her best efforts. It was true too about the murmur of disagreements that followed her father's speech. She heard enough to try and rouse once more, a small measure of agitation worming around in her chest. If they got the guy before she was better, if she didn't get her chance to sink her own teeth into him, she would be pissed.

Of course, she couldn't express as much currently. All Magg could really do was squirm unhappily at Aquene's side.

AND THERE'S BEAUTY IN EVERYTHING
(This post was last modified: Mar 18, 2024, 01:41 AM by Magg.)
Played by Grae who has 79 posts.
Sanguine Cove VI. Subordinate
Matos Eastfall-Slayer
It seemed he wasn't the only one running late. Predictably his grandmother arrived after him but so did Archer's daughter and his last remaining age mate. Amber and green briefly gazed over them before returning their focus on his father. It seemed as if he hadnt missed any of the meeting after all.

The speech started out as he would have expected until the words felt like they punched him in the gut. Magg had been attacked?! A new wave of guilt violently washed over him followed by an equal one of rage. The usually even tempered boy hadn't ever felt anger of this magnitude before and looked to his paws as he tried to comprehend it. His eyes snapped upwards when his father declared they would be on lock down until the culprit was found. Matos shifted uneasily as he digested the decree. The rules of breeding essentially fell on deaf ears. The ebony yearling knew about breeding season from a previous talk with his dad and had no love interest to even consider breaking the rules for. So instead he focused on the former part of the announcement.

How could they just wait? Quickly it was made clear that he was not the only one who felt this way. First it was an unfamiliar cream colored woman, then a somewhat unfamiliar stormy man, followed lastly by his inky age mate. Matos nodded his head in agreement with each of them as they spoke. A suppressed whine sat in his chest as Galen trailed off. He couldn't imagine seeing her like that for so long...and knew he was the one that should have as her 'older' brother. As Galen remained silent the Eastfall looked to his sire to see how he would respond. They could not just sit idly by...
Played by Grae who has 894 posts.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall
I think I need help, cuz I'm drowning in myself

Taking up a laying position the pack's elder patiently waited for the meeting to begin. Much to her surprise she was not the last to arrive. Di and little Ally were not far behind. The tawny pup quickly came and crouched to her side. Her silver dusted tail swept contently over the thawing ground beneath her. An affectionate kiss was placed upon the child crown to try and give her some reassurance before hazy silver orbs returned their attention to her son.

He begun once everyone settled beginning with how he has been with Magg but would also be enforcing pack law. Immediately the elderly woman thought of springtime and the results of it. It his right as leader to be only only one allowed to breed and with so many new members it made sense for him to declare it. Though this is not how he started. His lock down decree had her full attention. Moon's head rose from its relaxed position as her silver dusted ears pressed forwards. Someone was trying to hurt her family. That did not sit well with her. Though she understood his desire to keep them all safe, others voiced their oppositions. Moonshadow looked over her pack as each individual spoke, taking in what they were saying along with how those who choose to remain silent reacted. She wished every fiber of her being that this was her fight, that she could scorch the earth to find who had harmed her grandbaby. But the aging woman knew that it was not as her time was coming. But she would offer whatever support she could while she still could. Whether it was a comforting touch or words of wisdom she would do her best.

Word Count: 289
[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Played by PuppyThief who has 153 posts.
Sanguine Cove V. Guardian
Leo Vuesain

He faintly registered the rest of the pack arriving, but his main attention was on Nash, feeling the emotion rolling off the normally so cheerful man, lapping at his own heart like waves at a beach, slowly eating away at his composure. With everyone assembled, their leader wasted no time in putting words to his anger, everyone felt deeply by the young guardian – who thought of Nash, Aquene and their children as his own family, as much as his siblings were.

His decree made perfect sense to Leo, they needed to stick together and protect their home, ensuring that no more harm came to anyone. Still, there was a small voice in the bag of his head that wanted action, to seek out the fiend who’d hurt Magg so severely and enact the Cove’s revenge upon him. And it was quickly clear that he wasn’t alone in feeling that way – the first speaker, A woman whom he had yet to get to know after his return, seemed the most objective in her response, which conversely made Leo less receptive to her grievance; Protecting ourselves is hardly sitting idle…!

The new guardian recruit’s suggestion made his ears flick more keenly; A hunting party! Now that was an idea the angry side of him liked. But it was his little brother’s words that truly tugged at Leo, hearing the pain in his voice and imagining what he must have gone through, coming home only to find Magg so badly hurt and having to drag her North where they couldn’t give her the help she needed. He understood Galen’s desire deeply, yet, as the oldest Vuesain raised his own voice, it was to give a measured response: “We have to be cautious! If someone is looking to attack us, they’re more likely to strike when we’re separated. Protecting the pack needs to be our first priority.” He looked around, focusing on their weaker members – the kids and old Moon, and the den where Magg was still recovering. Then his eyes went to Galen, steel and compassion mixed in their two-colored depths; “If we send out a party, it must be large enough to handle a threat, without leaving the rest of the pack vulnerable.” He wasn’t sure they had enough fighters for that, but his attention would return to Nash, waiting for him to make the call.

When it came to discussion of breeding, the young guardian had little interest. It would be their leaders’ choice whether or not to add to the family, and that was that. Keeping their females from the borders for the seasons seemed sound enough, and as for guidance, Leo didn’t feel like he needed any; Last season had not provoked any strong urges in him, and he doubted this one would be different. There were far too many other things on his mind, and he would never dream of betraying Nash and Aquene like that in any case.

Thoughts ”Speech”

[Image: FFeXvE1.png] [Image: LuHJBlS.png]
Played by Flywolf who has 32 posts.
Dead Empress Backwater Pup
Ally Vuesain
the night comes down like heaven

Ally listened, and she couldn’t help but feel extremely out of place. This wasn’t her fight, wasn’t her threat to face. Not that she could, or that she would be brave enough. All it really meant to her was that she wouldn’t be leaving to find her dad any time soon – and that nobody would be taking her down to her grandfather. Her ears flicked back and she crouched a little at the prospect, but maybe it was okay to wait out the danger and get to know her mother’s side of the family.

Others spoke up, either agreeing or disagreeing with their leader. Ally did not know enough about pack dynamics to have an opinion on this, but she herself would keep quiet.

Played by Flywolf who has 76 posts.
Inactive IX. Subordinate
Diantha Vuesain

Di’s eyes narrowed as their leader spoke. Magg was her friend and someone had hurt her, and Galen had had to carry her up the mountain… The girl hadn’t gone in to visit her yet, and she felt she really ought to, but from what she understood things were bad and she felt she was better suited to wait beyond and help from outside than try to intrude upon the medicine den. That space was for Magg’s parents, and her brother. Not for her.

Other members gave their opinions, including both her siblings, and Di looked at them in surprise. Leo hadn’t disagreed with Nash, but he hadn’t agreed either, and she quickly turned back to the dark man to await his response.

Played by Flywolf who has 610 posts.
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall
If anyone wants to talk to Nash further, I will happily backdate a thread for them to do so! We can also do a group thread if several people approach him for a 'council', which Nash will welcome. I will archive this on 3/30 so if you want LP get your posts in! I want to be able to count this toward POTM so I won't be extending that deadline. Thank you all for participating in the meeting!

Nash finished his speech and waited, sure there would be commentary, and commentary there was. His ears turned back and the barrage of complaints, but none were overtly disrespectful and as angry as he was – and annoyed they would so openly oppose him – he had to remind himself this was not a dictatorship, nor did he want it to be. He wanted to hold the respect of his pack.

He glanced at Leo when the young man spoke, and nodded slightly toward him. Well put, he thought, a sort of pride curling in his chest for the man who had become a son to him.

When he spoke again, however, his voice was firm. ”Do not mistake my caution as inaction. We will not be sitting doing nothing. I expect my guardians, and those who wish to become guardians, to meet with me. We will practice, and plan. Those who wish to scout with also meet with me.” He looked at Galen and his voice softened slightly. ”I assure you I understand your feelings.” His gaze roamed once more over the assembly. ”Leo is right. We cannot split our resources at this moment, especially with breeding season upon us. We will use the time to prepare, to plan, and once Magg is in a position to give us more details, we will act. It does not do to rush blindly forward without as many details as possible, even in our anger.” And oh, was he angry.

”I appreciate all of your input, and should you wish to discuss it further please come to me. Guardians, we will meet within the week. Scouts, if Aquene does not approach you first, we will meet after.” With that he nodded to the group, dismissing those that wished to leave, but waiting for anyone who might want to talk about the declaration further.

Played by Tasha who has 350 posts.
Sanguine Cove III. Shaman
Aquene Slayer

Aquene would continue to listen, remaining by Magg’s side as she fidgeted and she did her best to soothe her. Aquene considered making her own announcement about the need for another to train as a healer, as a Shaman, but she would say nothing. She would address it privately with Nash at a later date. It took a want and a will to be a healer… if there was no one who was interested, then it placed them in an unfortunate situation. She was angry, but her anger was far more muted than her husband’s, perhaps because of her experiences.

Scouts, if Aquene does not approach you first, we will meet after. She made a mental note to talk to the scouts. She had that which she wanted to look for… different paths she remembered from when Kateri had gone missing as a pup and she had been frantic in her search… a place where an attempted murderer might be hiding away.

“Get some rest, Magg.” She offered gently to her, her eyes focused on her daughter as she offered a gentle and maternal nuzzle to her neck. “I’m going to speak with your father, but I will be right back.”

Aquene Slayer
[Image: jNJyCis.png]