(See All?) Announcements
389 Users Online
Vanadis, Google, Bing, Torianna

the wheel in the sky keeps on burning [m] — Sanguine Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Tasha who has 350 posts.
Sanguine Cove III. Shaman
Aquene Slayer
Mature Implications of breeding. Breeding thread.

Aquene had felt it begin to settle in during the beginning of the season, just as it had every year since she had come of age for such things to reach her. Her scent was intoxicating, she knew, and so she would search for him. She had agreed to hold off on visiting the Backwater for even longer. In truth, a part of her was intimidated by the idea of trying to mend which was broken, because she knew that it was not something that was easy to fix. A child had died on their watch… she would not be quick to forgive either.

Her eyes focused on him when his dark form came into view, her demeanor soft as she moved closer to him, gently running her maw across his cheek and neck. Through thick and thin, through three litters, they had always been together… and she saw no reason why it would be any different. “My love…” She trailed softly, a gentle lilt in her voice that would only add to what her scent already offered.

Aquene Slayer
Played by Flywolf who has 610 posts.
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall

Though they hadn't really discussed it this year, he knew she would come. Even last year, when they'd explicitly said they weren't going to breed, in the end they had, and had been blessed with little Eclypse. He'd made it clear there was to be no subordinate breeding; he didn't want to add to the draw on pack resources until the source of danger was assessed.

He smelled her coming and stopped to let her catch up, leaning into her touch and inhaling deeply. She always smelled good, but this time of year... "Beloved," he hummed back, nuzzling his face into her neck and breathing her in again.

Aquene Slayer

Aquene was normally the type who sought out plans… who made plans and knew what to expect and yet this year she had not. She felt almost helpless in some ways… and yet it was liberating as well. His voice soothed much of the worries she had, just as they always did.

She breathed in his scent, her eyes drifting close as she felt peace in his presence, as if it allowed her mind to shut down and stop attempting to think about the next five steps ahead of them… all there was, was that which was in front of him.

“Darling… the season has started.” She would state the obvious as she drew back to meet his eyes, a question silently lingering in them… would this season be like the others, or would they refrain?

Aquene Slayer
[Image: jNJyCis.png]
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall

They enjoyed each other's company for a moment before Aquene pulled away and stated the obvious, to which Nash snorted a small chuckle. "I noticed," he said, reaching forward to brush his nose over her forehead again. Her unasked question was obvious in the way she looked at him. He wondered what they should do... with Magg hurt so badly, with the curse that seemed to plague their lands, should they really risk bringing another pup into the family?

Nash moved forward to embrace her. "Things have been stressful of late," he murmured into her ear. "I think we can take some time to enjoy each other's company. Letting go is healthy, and then we can get back to work tomorrow." it was an open offering, and he hoped his intent was clear - and that he would respect her opinion on the matter too.

Aquene Slayer

His nose brushed her forehead and she couldn’t help the soft chuckle that escaped hers to mirror his own. Yes, it was quite obvious, wasn’t it? It had been obvious from the start… from her first season when she had joined the Cove with Aleister after their tryst… to the seasons that had followed where she and her husband had grown their family litter after litter… a family that seemed constantly under attack but otherwise managed… Kateri gone, Magg permanently injured, Monatalia missing…

It an extent, she knew that was simply life… the nature of life. This happened to family. She herself had wandered off to find her own path, and those she was tied to by blood had been injured… it didn’t make it any easier… but it did make it easier to give hope and turn attention towards a new generation without fear of history repeating itself. She had reached the age in her life where she recognized that there was much outside of her control.

“I think some time alone is long overdue.” She would agree, both with his intent matching her own, but simply at the thought of finding quality time alone with her mate.

Aquene Slayer
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall

She chuckled with him and it was a promising sign, but even if she decided against growing their family this year he would always love her laugh. She hesitated for a moment and Nash took the silence to run his nose over her shoulders again, grooming where he'd ruffled the fur so it lay flat again. He was old enough now that he could enjoy her perfume without losing control of himself.

He stepped back to look at her as she spoke and smiled again. They were on the same page, as they so often were. He bumped his muzzle against hers affectionately. "It truly is," he agreed, and made a mental note to make time to be with her throughout the year, even though their duties kept them both busy.

Aquene Slayer

There was not a day that went by where she did not stop and take a moment to reminisce on how lucky she was… she was so incredibly blessed to have him, to be able to hold him and call him her love… that they had found each other, and worked through so much pain and loss which had only strengthened their bond. It was love, and a love that only came once in a lifetime… one that she could never take for granted, and one she would not be able to recover from should it crumble at their feet… if she were to lose him to health or battle…

They both could be more mindful, and better about spending time together. It was hard, between the kids and the pack, many of whom were like children to her even if they were not related by blood. His muzzle bumped against hers and she allowed a gentle and thoughtful smile on her features. “I love you.” They felt like words that were not said often enough… words she ought to say more often.

Aquene Slayer
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall

Nash closed her eyes and breathed her in again, and hummed when she spoke. "I love you too," he said, "more than anything, my heart." He gazed into her eyes, those eyes that had captured him from their first meeting and his mind wandered over their time together, how their relationship has started with an agreement to take care of each other.

How they'd always taken care of each other. And they always would.

Nash all but fell forward into her, his forehead butting into her shoulder in overwhelming affection for his wife. He couldn't imagine life without her.

Aquene Slayer

She had never expected their lives to turn this way, but she could not find herself regretting it. She couldn’t regret all the pain they had endured, both separate and together, because it had made them who they were… it had allowed them to grow close. She was certain her mother was smiling down upon her, proud of who she had become because of the impact that Nash had on her life.

Should it take, they would be facing their third litter together… their third chance at parenthood, and her fourth… she knew she was beginning to reach the age where these things would not be as easy, but she had not quite reached it yet.

Her nose grazed his cheek once more before he shifted to butt into her shoulder. Her paws would playfully bat at the top of his head as a rare giggle escaped out of her, as if the years simply shed off in his presence and she was back to being nothing more than a playful yearling. It would go as far as for her to roll onto her back, batting her paws back upward at him, knocking some of the fresh fallen snow that seemed constant on the mountain up towards him.

Aquene Slayer
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall
Fade on your post?

Neither of them spoke again as he leaned into her, enjoying having her by his side both now in this moment and through life as his partner. He'd seen so many loved ones come and go, including his own children, and soon his mother... but Aquene had been consistent, stable, reliable. He could depend on her.

And so when she rolled over and batted playfully he followed her back in time to his youth, dropping into a play bow with a large grin on his face and pouncing after her. He would play as long as she would like, and when she was ready to lead, he would follow.

As he always would.