Bing, Google

Mother Knows Best [M] — Empress Riffle 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by WildFlower who has 89 posts.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Nia Hervok

Nia Hervok
Side by side or miles apart

The words were like a double-edged sword cutting into her heart. No grandchildren and worse she stood to lose her daughter once more. She looked beyond the younger wolf, toward where the pack lay. She knew nothing of these wolves…but her daughter was vouching for them. She gave a heavy sigh. “I love you and...if this…is really what you want. What you choose…I will support you.” Nia didn’t like it, not one bit. Nor did she fully mean it. Her daughter was young. She was of childbearing age and needed to experience the joys of motherhood. To lead a pack and leave her mark on the world. The thoughts remained locked within her mind, swirling about. “I’ll stay if your alphas will have me.” Her daughter had won this battle, but the war had only begun.

"Talking"

Tags: @

OOC: This is the end of their back and forth, thank you for reading <3 Mother of the year award anybody?

(This post was last modified: Mar 08, 2024, 07:37 AM by Nia.)
[Image: Nia.png]
Played by Greyer who has 134 posts.
Dead Empress Backwater V. Medic
Oleander Valle
Oleander had been glad to have been patrolling when he heard a conversation in the distance. He didn't even have to survey the area, he could smell her. Not in the "in heat" way as most of the ladies were right now, but in a sense he would have recognized her scent by just a trace. As per Leaders' orders, no women were meant to leave scents at the borders. Sage might have stepped over them, beckoned by another's call, but he still saw it as a rule violation. And, Oleander was starting to become possessive at the turn of the season.

He prowled between the trees, following the creek until he heard her voice loud and clear. Her words were followed by another feminine one, older but concerning nevertheless.

"Momma I am so sorry, but my life is here. I won’t be leaving. You can choose to be a part of my life how it is." There was a moment where Sage paused. "Or you can go."

Oleander's ears leaned forward as he crept up behind a gnarled tree. He did not recognize who Sage was speaking to.

"I love you and...if this…is really what you want. What you choose…I will support you. I’ll stay if your alphas will have me."

The Valle cast a glance over an ashen shoulder, half-expecting his brother or father to be there. Someone had to fetch Sage, bring her home, and keep her safe...

"We'll see about that," he emerged from his hiding spot, slinking around the old trunk like a snake with his head low. Nothing about him was the kind, laid-back, or awkward "Ollie" Sage knew. The scene he came upon was amusing, to say the least. Mother and daughter stood before him, lookalikes to the untrained eye. He flashed his teeth at the rogue woman, standing shoulder-to-shoulder with his superior as his hackles rose. "You'll have to excuse the intrusion, but someone-" he cast a pointed glare at his beloved, "is out-of-bounds and I've come to return her home." He eyed Sage's mother, his golden gaze assessing her condition in two sweeps, "It isn't safe to be out here alone."

He pointed over his shoulder with a jab of his nose, "Let's go."

If Sage's mother took back her decision to stay with her daughter now that he was here, he couldn't blame her. Sage, however, had no choice. He was herding her back over territory lines and keeping her there.
they say pray it away, i swear,
OLEANDER VALLE
that I'll never be a saint, no way
Played by WildFlower who has 127 posts.
Inactive V. Subordinate
Sage Hervok
SAGE HERVOK

The woman sighed in relief, planting a kiss on her mother's crown before rising to her paws. She was hurting and tired but tried to hide it. Sage watched as her mother stood up. "We'll see about that," The Hervok knew the voice all too well, but not the tone. It unsettled her to hear him talk harshly. She twisted her head to look at him, exhaustion written on her face. She didn't want to put up with any more disrespect. In an unenergetic manner, she straightened up, arching her head and tail. When he flashed his teeth at her mother she gave a warning growl but it was nothing more than an empty threat. Such shone in her eyes. She was doubting their relationship, her confidence, and...emotional. She was drained.

His words turned the corner of her lips up. He seemed worried about her. She propped her head over his shoulders in a way that would appear dominant to outlookers. In reality, it was so she could whisper for his ears only, "I need to rest." She would gladly go along with him back home. To rest and recoup, under the protection of her Ollie. He was her's right? Her mind shuffled back through the argument uneasily, eyes settling upon her mom. "Lets" She echoed the command, gesturing for her mother to follow, and began walking beside the taller male. Her fur brushed into his as she lightly leaned on him. She could only hope her pain was not obvious to her mother. There was no need to worry her about this.

[Image: SWS_MostLikelytoGetTogether_tri.png] Dead Empress Backwater [Image: SWS_MostEndearingMoment_tri.png]

Lone Wolf No Rank
Nia Hervok

Nia Hervok

"Speech"

Almost as soon as the Matriarch was on her paws a new face emerged from the tree line. Her lips twitched, her tail flicking behind her. Everything within screamed to dominate him. To show he could not talk to her in such a manner nor behave that way towards her daughter. The display of teeth in her direction was hard to ignore. This was completely inappropriate. She questioned if he was Sage's superior. Her brows would knit as her child placed herself over him. Who was the higher-up here?

Nia watched suspiciously. They walked closely together and he'd come to fetch her. This wouldn't work, her daughter needed to go big or go home. The male screamed authority but he did not scream alpha in her eyes. If he were the alpha he needed to work on being less possessive over packmates. He needed instruction, her instruction that was. He was lacking in class. She remained silent, biting back the remarks that lingered on her tongue. Frustration bubbled up within her. Who did this boy think he was?

Nia quietly followed behind the pair as they made their way to the borders. There was so much she wanted to say, but the wisdom that came with her age kept her jaws locked together. She needed to play the long game.

"Talking"

OOC:

Oleander Valle
Oleander grew still as Sage whispered in his ear. There would be no argument or resistance then, on her part, where safety was concerned. For that, he was more than grateful. In regards to her mother, though, that was another thing...

The Valle held his tail as Sage's gaze returned to the older woman. "Let's," she agreed. A satisfied thunder of a growl rumbled from Oleander's chest. Sage's mother said nothing. No introduction, no comeback, or retaliation. Nothing. He assumed then that the duo had been estranged or something of the sort. Without any context, he couldn't piece any of it together. It was Sage's business, so he left it at that. To support his superior and pack mate meant to mirror her. Physically and emotionally. He made a mental note that he would have to be wary of her. Maybe go as far as to keep away unless Sage needed him to intervene.

Soon enough they were walking towards the Backwater, Oleander's gait slow and steady. He matched Sage's steps, hoping what pain she felt wasn't too great since the last time they had spoken. While Nia followed behind, he leveled his head with Sage's. He lightly leaned back into her and nuzzled his temple to hers, eyes closing for a split second as they strode. "You'd better fill me in on all this," he whispered, the warning gravelly in his throat. "Because I will fight her tooth and nail before she takes you away from me..."
OLEANDER VALLE
Played by WildFlower who has 127 posts.
Inactive V. Subordinate
Sage Hervok
SAGE HERVOK

Sage was relieved to lean on him. Her smaller frame practically absorbed into his larger fluffier form. His scent was familiar and comforting. She disregarded her mother's lack of introduction or reply. She assumed it had to do with the bad news she'd shared. Her father had done an unforgivable act and in her eyes, it was his fault her mother lost the litter. Who could blame her for being quiet?

He bestowed a gentle touch on her and she made a soft pleased sound. "I will once we..." She tried to articulate the sentence, struggling to find the right words. " Can separate from her." She whispered the words for only his ears.

Her heart fluttered, "Away from you?" The threat towards her mother went in one ear and out the other. The latter part of his sentence caught her full attention. Was her mom wrong about love? Had she had a bad experience that would mean nothing to her relationship with him? She wanted to ask, to seek reassurance, but there would be time for that later.

[Image: SWS_MostLikelytoGetTogether_tri.png] Dead Empress Backwater [Image: SWS_MostEndearingMoment_tri.png]

Lone Wolf No Rank
Nia Hervok

Nia Hervok

"Speech"

Nia continued to stew in her thoughts. She'd pieced together two for sure things. Firstly he was not the alpha, otherwise, he would've made his decision or called upon a co-lead. Secondly, he was the reason for her daughter's defensive retaliation on love. Imeaditately no. Her disapproval would twist her face as she watched them whisper amongst themselves. They were budded up together like two love-stuck puppies. Her belly churned in disgust. Had she been more desperate for grandchildren, she'd told them to get a den.

The Matriarch didn't approve of her daughter's fancy. He was tall and skinny, too willowy to protect and provide for her precious child. His lack of respect towards elders was distasteful. She continued to pick apart the male in her mind, finding every reason she could to dislike Oleander. Mainly that he was not a pack leader and therefore did not offer her daughter a proper future. She would need to make it her sole mission to separate them and find a better suitor.

"Talking"

OOC:

Oleander Valle
Sage assured him that she would tell him all that had happened. Oleander made a face, his muzzle half-wrinkling before smoothing out. It wasn't like him to assume she'd only tell him bits and pieces... but, then again, they had only just begun courting in a sense. There was still a lot to learn in love, life, and about each other. Frankly, it wasn't fair. He would figure that out later...

"Away from you?" she echoed him.

He merely cast a glimpse in her direction, continuing to walk until he found a familiar tree. The scent markers of his family laid down an invisible line, declaring them to be "on the outside." He planted his feet on the ground, looking ahead for a time before slowly pulling away from Sage. She wasn't in pack territory yet, but on-the-line was close enough. With Sage's mother in tow, they could go no further. He dipped his head low again to brush the bridge of his nose beneath her chin. Another sign of both respect and affection. He murmured before leaving them behind, "Whatever you need to do, go ahead and do it. We will talk when you're ready." A little too curt and brash for being her subordinate, but the heat of the season was only just beginning to get to him.

He cast a gaze back at Nia, the beginnings of a glare showing on his face before he turned away. There was only one time to make a first impression. And, Oleander Valle wanted to make sure that Nia knew he did not appreciate her timing in the slightest.

[Fade.]
OLEANDER VALLE