(See All?) Announcements
593 Users Online
Google, Bing

I don't know where you're going but do you have room for one more troubled soul — Sanguine Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Silverfrost who has 21 posts.
Sanguine Cove XI. Yearling
Apollo Vanagarand

It was early morning when a shape padded down the rocky steppes. He moved slowly, stopping every few paces to sniff along the ground. He was quite large, even as a yearling. He had a broad-shouldered frame coated in strong muscle and layered with a thick coat of fur. His fluffy coat was goldenrod with a flaxen underbelly, mane, and tail tip. He had spruce-colored points: his face, ears, paws, and tail were darkened along with a dorsal stripe connected with his blackened tail. His golden eyes were wide as he seemed frantic almost. His fur wasn't in the best condition, most of the flowers that would normally weave into his mane were long gone and only a few feathers remained in his tail. His mother would usually put the flowers in his mane but she wasn't here rightnow. He would usually put feathers in his tail for but he couldn't afford to stop now.

Apollo was still searching for his mother. He didn't know how long he had been walking for. When the hunger gnawed at his belly he would stop and find a river to fish in or find some abandoned carcass. He kept searching for her scent. She wouldn't have just abandoned him, no his mother would never leave him. He hoped that he would pick up her scent soon, believing that he couldn't find a trail because of the elements. He was sure he'd catch up with her scent eventually. He kept walking, hoping he'd find her scent soon.

He finally caught a scent of a wolf. He brightened up for a second but then realised it was a territory marker. He knew enough not to cross a scent line. But he wondered if perhaps the wolves that lived here had seen his mother. Maybe they knew where she was! He nodded to himself, proud of his thinking. He sat there and let out a howl.

OOC→ lalalala
(This post was last modified: Mar 26, 2024, 01:48 AM by Apollo.)
Played by Flywolf who has 605 posts.
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall

Nash paused his patrol when he heard the howl, ears flicking for a moment back to where he knew Aquene would be resting. The youngsters we're having a hard time listening as of late; his regular patrols told him they sometimes passed beyond the border, but he hoped they kept their jaunts to the lake like he'd asked. He didn't have the heart to enforce an borders-only rule, even for the females.

The leader quickly turned his paws toward the stranger's voice. He let up a call of his own, requesting @Leo , @Matos , or @Galen meet him there. Answering border calls was the most basic of guardian tasks.

As he approached his suspicion simmered down a little; their visitor was obviously young, and therefore unlikely to be his daughter's attacker or be after their ladies in heat. "Hello," Nash said, not unfriendly but not in his old chipper tone.

Apollo Vanagarand

Apollo sat and waited, sitting and trying to be patient. He wondered if his mother would hear him calling. Maybe he should have started with this first. No his mother usually didn't want him drawing attention to himself. He sat and waited, hopeful. He saw a dark-furred wolf approach. And he stood up.

"Hello," he said. "I'm looking for my mother. Her name is Lyra and she has blue eyes and a coat the color of a newborn deer. She smells like me and like oak and fresh moss. I can't find her or pick up her scent." He looked around again. "Have you seen her or scented her?"

OOC→ sorry for the short post
(This post was last modified: Mar 26, 2024, 01:49 AM by Apollo.)
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall

Ah yes. DEFINITELY a young man. Nash couldn't help his expression fading from one of neutral regard to one of quiet amusement, the kind that could only come from a father who'd had a child that babbled. "Take a breath," he said kindly, only just managing to keep a chuckle out of his words. "I can't say the name or description rings a bell, but then we are rather out of the way up here in the Cove."

Nash looked the boy over and sniffed toward him again, just to be sure he'd never come across it before. "I'm sorry, kid, but I don't think I've met her." He belatedly realized he'd forgotten to introduce himself. "I'm Nash, the leader of Sanguine Cove. Pardon my manners, I've been distracted lately."

Apollo Vanagarand

Apollo didn't even realise he had been talking that fast. He took a breath and pondered. Where could his mother be? His mind started to drift but he shook his head. No, it couldn't be possible. She had to be somewhere but he didn't even know where to start. His stomach grumbled; he couldn't remember the last time he had eaten. He seemed saddened by the male's answer. He had to keep looking but where could be go next? The wolf introduced himself as Nash of Sanguine Cove.

"My name is Apollo Vanagarand," he replied. He had also forgotten his manners. "My mother went out hunting and she hasn't been back. I think she's gotten lost but I don't know where to look for her. I haven't been able to pick up her scent at all. Are there other packs I could check to see if she's there? She wouldn't...She wouldn't a-abandon me." He sat down again, crestfallen. "She has to be somewhere," he says with naive determination. "I need to find her so we can go back home."

OOC→ btw his mom is dead
(This post was last modified: Mar 26, 2024, 02:05 AM by Apollo.)
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall

Apollo introduced himself in turn, then continued on about his quest. Nash could empathize; he'd been on the search for his mother more than once, and briefly his mind wandered to her health, and the shadow that hung over her, growing darker each day.

Nash quickly turned his attention back to the guest at his borders. "There's Dead Empress Backwater, down the west side of the mountain, and Paradise Falls further northwest. My brother's up there." He left it there before his mind wandered again, the anger back to simmering under his skin. He knew and he hid her from me.

He looked kindly upon the yearlings at his border. "You're welcome to rest here for a while if you'd like," he said.

Apollo Vanagarand

Apollo nodded staunchly as he listened as the wolf listed off the packs. Dead Empress Blackwater; a strange name. And Paradise Falls which housed a member of the Alpha's kin. He wondered why there were only three packs. "I will head there to check for her." He said. His tail began wagging at the prospect of being able to rest. He was hungry and he could use food and somewhere to sleep. He hoped his mother would come back here with him. It seemed very nice here.

"I would be glad to stay here," he says. Apollo remembered his mother said about how everyone pulled their weight in a pack. "I know a lot about flowers. I want to be a healer," he said brightly.

OOC→ sorry for the short post
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall

The yearling nodded and shared his plans before agreeing to stay. He wondered how long me might remain, if he was looking for his mother, but having the extra set of teeth around couldn't hurt... probably. He was just opening his mouth to caution about the Backwater when Apollo mentioned his skillset and Nash's eyes brightened.

"My mate, Aquene, is a healer. She will be very excited to meet you; she's been looking for an apprentice." he smiled again at the boy before growing serious once more. "I must warn you, however; things between us and the Backwater are... tense. I would caution you against going down there while a member of this pack, and we are currently on lockdown - at least until the women's heats have ended." it seemed almost unfair to immediately restrict a new traveller, but he mustn't treat him any differently.

Apollo Vanagarand

Apollo listened as Nash spoke, attempting to commit everything to memory. His tail wagged as he heard that Nash's mate was a healer. He always wanted to learn how to heal like his grandmother. His mother spoke of perhaps returning to her birth pack to receive lessons. He wondered briefly if that was where his mother had gone. But he didn't think she would go off like that without him. She must have gotten lost somehow and was wandering. He hoped he would find her. He got distracted as Nash spoke of Aquene looking for an apprentice.

"That's a pretty name," he said. "I'd love to be her apprentice! I know a lot about flowers. Especially the pretty ones. My mom put flowers in my mane because I love them so much." he said, his happiness faltering for a second. But he continued to listen.

A frown returned to his face as Nash spoke of Dead Empress Blackwater. He wanted to ask what happened but he was sensible enough not to ask. Maybe he'd go down there if he rubbed all the pack scent off of him. His head tilted one way at the mention of a lockdown and then his head tilted entirely to another side.

"What's a heat?" he asked.

OOC→ Apollo you sweet summer child
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall

The Boy seemed excited and Nash paused for a moment at the mention of flowers in fur. He had to admit he hasn't thought of that. He didn't know what to say to that, once again reminded how little of the world he'd seen in his two years of travel. He didn't feel like this often anymore, yet sometimes it still surprised him.

A small smile tugged at his mouth. Definitely a young man, and sheltered too possibly. "The ladies are able to get pregnant now," he explained gently, "and we don't want any accidents. Come on, I'm sure you're tired. I'll take you to meet Aquene and you can get some rest." he stepped forward and brushed his pelt against Apollo's. "Welcome to Sanguine Cove."