544 Users Online
Bing, Google

Bang the Doldrums — Cedarwood Forest 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by becuffin who has 233 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Valiant Morino
Maybe even Borden or Kade?

<blockquote> Valiant dragged his sorry arse back to the borders of Grizzly Hollow. His ear, now less an end was throbbing and his flank burned. The wounds on his shoulders itched like crazy but at least he was still alive... For now. But he couldn’t just leave without telling her. He respected her too much for that. The lady who had been his leader these last months, <i>Jayse.</i>

He knew it could probably wait, but he would rather tell her now, then have another of the Hollow wolves stumble across the corpse in the marsh and start a witch hunt. It would be better all round if he just admitted what he had done and moved on, even if it meant fleeing with his tail between his legs.

He had grown rather fond of the Cedar trees, their towering heights standing guard of his home like constant sentinels, even in the depths of winter, the green guardians stood watch. He couldn’t taint a place like this with the deeds he had committed in the marsh. Settling himself just short of the borders he tilted his head and loosed a beckoning howl, requesting that Jaysyek come... and he waited.</blockquote>
user posted image
Played by Switch who has 688 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall
<blockquote>It had been a time since she had really seen Valiant. She had started to think he had gone loner again. It was what a lot of wolves did, and it had gotten to the point it didn't bother her any more. With Valiant she realized she missed the large brute. He was unlike anyone she had encountered, and easily told it like it was. She had hated to see him go. What could she do? Hunt him down, and demand a goodbye. That was on her list of pathetic, and impossible. It was quietly, without word she let him go. And so it was with great surprise when his voice, the very one she had sang back to rang in the forest. Straightaway her mind went to bad news.

Determined to meet him, she stopped what she was doing and pushed herself in his direction. It was with a quick step, raised tail, and alerted senses she found him at the borders in a most tattered state. Her quick breaths caught in her throat, and a quizzical yet most concerned expression came over her usually smooth mask. She took in one long deep breath. Her brows furrowed deeper when her nostrils took in the scent of blood of another Grizzly Hollow member. <b>"Valiant? What happened?"</b> She stated in a level tone of urgency.</blockquote>
[Image: 9Py9751.png]
Inactive No Rank
Valiant Morino
<blockquote> Her voice... Ripped at his insides and he began to question exactly what he had done. Jedd’s final words rung in his ears. <i>I hope you’re happy.</i> But it had never been about happiness for him. It had been about what he thought was right. He hated the man on principal. He ran out on his pack mates, potentially attacked his sister. Jayse didn’t need his shit at her door, and she didn’t need Valiant’s either.

But where to start, what to say? He couldn’t even meet her mismatched eyes. <b>”Jedd won’t be coming back Jayse.”</b> Even that was hard to say. He didn’t want to go into specifics... but still felt she was owed an explanation if nothing else. He didn’t know where to start. There was little other conclusion to come to, the other wolfs blood coated his chest. It was clear <i>why</i> he wouldn’t be coming back. The last thing Jayse needed was River wolves after Hollow blood. The last thing she needed to worry about was things going to shit and one of her pack mates fleeing with his fucking filthy tail between his legs like the coward he was. There was so much he could say but he couldn't find the words. <b>”It’s for the best.”</b></blockquote>
user posted image
Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall
<blockquote>She held her gaze not stern, but firm waiting for answers. She had not really thought that Valiant was one to get in facts unless it called for it. This in itself was a guess. The Grizzly Hollow leader had to believe he had had good intentions for whatever it was. Maybe Jedd had attacked him for rank, and merely had not come back to the Hollow yet his pride wounded. Jayse had granted him temporary membership in case he would deem this place not worthy either.

Short breaths, and her ears directed upon him she waited. His stance spoke of some guilt, he could not even look at her. It was then she started to guess teh extent of the damage. Then he spoke of her assumption. Jedd was not returning. There was no reason, and he did not try to wiggle his way out of it. She put all of it together, how much blood, and the severity of his words. Jedd could not come back because he was dead. What would pocess Valiant to kill him? That became the question. She was taken back by his words. <i>"It's for the best."</i> He knew something she did not, and some how had only been watching out for her. She wasn't sure if she should be offended or grateful. She felt the same at once with too much room to feel. She overcame her emotions, and remained her still composure. <b>"I feel there is a lot of missing pieces you're not telling me, Valiant. Do I get to hear them, or are you going to say your goodbyes too?"</b></blockquote>
(This post was last modified: May 12, 2012, 04:25 PM by Jaysyek.)
Inactive No Rank
Valiant Morino
<blockquote> A hopeless shrug crossed his shoulders at her question. Politics was never his forte but he knew Rhysis, and he knew the reputation of the River wolves as a fiercely loyal bunch to their own. <b>”Rhysis would have come here. If he was in one of his moods, it wouldn’t matter who he came across...”</b> the thought of the black wolfs red rages and wondering what could happen if it was someone like Arlette to come across him in that state made him sick to his stomach. He hadn’t really spent time with the girl but it would rip Jayse’s heart out if any harm came to her that way... and he could never forgive himself for not doing what he had to.

Then his thoughts returned to Finn. The sweet little River wolf who seemed to almost have a thing for him. But then again, what girl besides the one standing before him didn’t? Oh how big was his ego? <b>”I’ve met his sister Finn. She’s at the River pack... She mentioned he would kill her if he found her. I think she was joking but then one night he came back soaking wet with blood on his snout and a hint of her scent... She was my friend Jayse and I haven’t seen her since. I can’t smell her near the River... What if they come here looking for revenge?”</b> what he was saying was beginning to sound ridiculous to his own ears but at the same time, he knew what he did, he did for all the right reasons.

<b>”I should probably go...”</b> he admitted, struggling to keep the sadness from his voice. Who would look after her if he was gone? Who was he kidding. She had Kade, and Borden... She didn’t need an impulsive moron like him. <b>”Anything he told you about that pack he was from is crap Jayse, they’re a good bunch despite Rhysis’s fits. I think you’d like their females... pangur knows theres enough of ‘em.”</b> His brows drew together in worry. Where had that last part come from? And who was Pangur anyway? He had never really had a chance to pin Kiche down again and ask. Perhaps one day he would...</blockquote>
user posted image
Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall
<blockquote>Rhysis was recalled as the leader of Poison Pack. Jedd had not said much, and Jayse wasn't about to disregard his information completely. She did believe what he had told her to be true because he had not gone into a great detail nor length. Just why he did not like them, why he left. On the spot had seemed legit, he'd been so angry, and why else would wolves go create another pack. She trusted the River wolves wouldn't be blatantly spreading lies, but from here on out she would get truth for herself. She would listen to Valiant, and weigh his words. She'd hate anyone to believe idle gossip about Grizzly Hollow, or at least make judgements without the real story. The fact Rhysis would have come blazing onto <i>her</i> lands, and taking his rath on anyone in her home because of Jedd if he was in one of his "moods" did not do well to paint a better picture of the Poison Path leader.

She made no want to interject, he was set on explaining, and she was listening most intensely to each note that withdrew from his mouth. The suggestion he had harmed his own sister brought a scowl to her pale visage, and the edge of her hackles prickled at the thought he did not know if she was even alive. No wonder Valiant had attacked him. Who would not? If she'd known her name would be added to that list. The River wolves she did not believe to come after her, and didn't think he had needed to put emphasis on that for his reason. What he had said about attacking his own family was enough. There were few good points to turn on own blood. If Valiant spoke kindly of a lady, then surely why should Jedd hate her so to hurt her?

Then he did reason he should leave, and she shook her head. Why? Did he think she would chase him because he'd done this deed? There was the point anything Jedd had said wasn't true, and she had to find out what really was. <b>"Valiant, what you say makes Jedd evil and I think you most brave for destroying that and ridding Grizzly Hollow of that trouble. Don't be ashamed."</b>But the mention of Pangur through her off guard, and she blinked recalling Aisling's friend. Where the hell had he gotten that name? Was that the point? No, she couldn't lose sight of it. A deep breath, she took a firm stance closer to the large fellow she did trust. <b>"I must know the truth about Poison Path. Jedd told me they use to be a part of Swift River and left because the female was pregnant with pups. Is that untrue? This Rhysis doesn't exactly sound like a noble creature even by <i>your</i> words. But I take hint you know him, why don't you enlighten me? Then, if you feel you can not dwell here, so be it."</b></blockquote>