Google, Bing, Baidu

up, up, up, down — Underground Sea 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Van who has 54 posts.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Mika
@Adora - set a few days after their first thread <3
Set during late morning

She’d said to call her if they wanted her to show them around. It was an open invitation to do so. It wasn’t like they were just calling her up out of the blue for no reason.

So why was this so nerve-wracking?

Mika had been lingering on the mountain for days now, enduring rocky ground and higher elevations when there was a perfectly good forest right there because they hadn’t wanted to drift too far away from where they’d met her. It was downright embarrassing.

“C’mon, Mika,” they said aloud to encourage themself, their face warm and their heart beating a little too quick to be considered normal. This was fine they would be fine. “She’s not gonna kill ya or anythin’.”

But Mika was a coward, and it took them a good few more moments to ready themself before they tilted their head back and howled.
Played by becca who has 132 posts.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Adora Macieo

She had not stayed near the lake today, but she made sure to always be within the Cove's reach somehow. Which meant she had not descended from the peaks so that she might find her own relief. The mountain had seemed fit to chip away at her bit by bit. It started with the familiar way of winter's padding feeling lighter...

Oh, well, she supposed.

The distraction of a call was a more welcomed thought than the hunger that pitted her stomach. She called back first with the message that she would be on her way. That way Just Mika would not need to worry if it took her too long to arrive.

When she did arrive, it would be with a grin and a wave of her tail. Not once did she let her tiredness tinge her features.

Lone Wolf No Rank
Mika
The echoing howl did more to ease Mika’s nerves than they’d care to admit. They found themself letting out a soft, relieved sigh - they hadn’t thought Adora would stand them up or anything, but it was nice to know she was on her way regardless.

Mika didn’t have to wait long for her arrival, and they put on a smile of their own, tail giving a tentative wag.

“Hope I didn’t interrupt anythin’ important,” they said, relaxing further when they saw how open her body language was. Their call wasn’t unwelcome, it seemed. “I was hopin’ I could take you up on that offer t’ show me around today. If that’s alright with you, Miss Adora Macieo.” A bit of playfulness crept into their voice, a touch of teasing.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Adora Macieo

I would have told you if you had, Her smile lessened some but was no less kind. Adora thought she had matured enough to set boundaries, to tell others what she wanted or needed. If it had been space or time, she imagined she would have said so. Yet as she looked into those yellow green eyes she also imagined how easy it might have been to set aside things to make time. Hardly a boundary, now was it?

I'm excited to show you around, Just Mika. Her tail waved behind her. This part of the range is newer to me, but I think that makes it all the better to see together, right? She recalled her fonder memories of this mountain. Most had been of discovering new places and seeing everything that she had not been able to experience down below.

Lone Wolf No Rank
Mika
Adora had a way about her that put Mika at ease. It would’ve felt more dangerous had they not been so wrapped up in how their ears and face warmed at the sight of her, and if this was a mistake, they didn’t mind making it.

They must’ve looked stupid, with the goofy smile that spread across their face at her next statement. She was looking forward to this as well - that fact alone had their tail wagging a little faster.

“Oh?” they asked, perking their ears. It hadn’t occurred to them that there might be places that Adora wouldn’t know. “Well then, it’ll be good to have an experienced mountain-traveler like yourself t’ accompany me,” they said, voice lilting playfully. “I found a cave entrance over there. Didn’t go in yet, but I’d be happy t’ check it out first just in case there’s somethin’ livin’ in there.”
Lone Wolf No Rank
Adora Macieo

I would not have guessed you to be a cave explorer. Her tail offered humored waves behind her before it settled once more. What do you guess would live in that cave? Don't tell me something boring like bears. It might be nice to be allowed to give into whimsy for the day. If she realized the nicer moments of her life, perhaps the mountain would not seem so terrible, would it?

Already she allowed her long legs to carry her closer to the scarred wolf, prepared to play something akin to knight while they explored. It was not a role she had been cast in for some time. Yet if Mika would grant her the opportunity today...

Lone Wolf No Rank
Mika
Mika grinned a little, taking a few bouncing steps toward the cave, and swept their tail in a flourish. “I’m full of surprises,” they said, even though they absolutely were not a cave explorer. They were hardly even full of surprises at all. But what they were was very keen on impressing Adora at the moment.

“Definitely not just bears,” Mika responded matter-of-factly. “I’d say this is the cave of an eagle bear. They’ve got wings the size of a pine tree and claws bigger than your leg.” Spinning tales was something they were good at, and if Adora wanted to play, then they were more than happy to oblige.

They approached the entrance of the cave and turned to Adora with a grin. “D’ya want me to’ go first or are y’ in the mood t’ take the lead?” they offered.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Adora Macieo

Her cheeks, hotter and hotter beneath the pale of her cheeks. She was charmed and she wondered when that would be the eventual downfall of her. It seemed unavoidable.

I should go first, She volunteered herself like a noble night, inclined to take the lead for her companion. I offered to show you around. If there is an eagle bear in there, it should be me who faces it first. Her chest puffed softly with a playful raise of her head. She dared to come sidelong to the smaller figure. Perhaps closer than new acquaintances should.

Are you ready, Mika?

Lone Wolf No Rank
Mika
Adora was clearly trying to make Mika spontaneously combust. Their heart hammered in their chest like a jackrabbit, their cheeks and ears warm with a blush that would’ve glowed red had it not been hidden under their fur. The larger wolf was close - closer than Mika had thought she would get, - and the smaller of the two was nearly too flustered to speak for a moment.

They were so caught up in how pretty she looked from this new angle that they nearly didn’t catch what she said. They probably spent a heartbeat too long staring like an idiot before managing to respond.

Mika cleared their throat, yellowish eyes flicking to their paws before finding their way back to Adora’s own sunny gaze. “R-right, of course,” they agreed without hesitation, though honestly they probably would’ve agreed to anything she’d said at that point. They offered her a crooked smile. “I’m sure y’ can take on an eagle bear, no problem.”

Feeling a bit bold, they dared to brush their shoulder against hers. “Lead th’ way, then. I’ll follow ya.”
Lone Wolf No Rank
Adora Macieo

Adora liked to think she could. After all, it was an imaginary beast and she had a sharp mind, how could she fail? Especially with her companion here. So...close. She dared allowed herself to lean into it for a moment, her tail swayed behind them. It felt like it would have been impossible to move forward alone. She had a role to play though.

She started first, large paws rested carefully against stones, mindful to avoid any paths that seemed unstable. It seemed that time away had not nullified all of her mountain senses.

I think I hear water, She offered in a vibrant voice. Which would make the perfect home for the elusive eagle bear, right? Her head turned to look over her shoulder, hopeful to see if Mika remained close.