(See All?) Announcements
705 Users Online
Google, Bing, Neo, Viorel

a few of my favourite things — Iridescent Lagoon 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Sarah who has 13 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Dagrún Eyjólfur
<blockquote><ul><span style='font-size:7pt;line-height:100%'>keeping it vague because i don't really know what's going on with them entering and stuff</span></li></ul>
It was too calm.

With all the delicacy of a sledgehammer, the little girl slapped her paw against the water, giggling to see the droplets fly and the ripples dance across the surface. That was Dagrún, the rioter, the peace-breaker, the one who could never bridle her tongue or stand a second of silence. She didn't allow the water to settle, either. When it appeared that things were beginning to quiet down, she slapped the water again and again. The lilting giggle seemed halfhearted today, however, strained like her mouth that she had contorted into some bitter line. Even now as her breath came raggedly, reluctantly from those flustering, failing lungs, Dagrún wondered why Mother had forbade her from swimming. "<b>I'm not tired!</b>" she whined to herself, smacking the churning water with that dramatic flare characteristic of those who were captives of youth and restlessness. But she was tired. Her sides heaved and her legs trembled, her sopping wet coat weighed heavy on her anemic frame.

"<b>MOM,</b>" she called behind her, her tone rich with melodramatic yearning, "<b>Puh-<i>leaaaasae</i> can I go swimming?</b>" Biting her lip, she searched her mind for any reason or compromise that would appeal to her mother. "<b>I...I'll come out the second I get tired!</b>" That was unlikely. "<b>And...and You can come in too! Like... if I pass out, it'll be alright cause you can drag me back!</b>" Inwardly, Dagrún congratulated herself for being so very clever, not imagining that her mother could even think of denying her now. For good measure, though, Dag turned on the charm. Flicking her ears backward and pouting like a tragic beauty-queen, she whined once more, "<b>PLEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!</b>"

</blockquote>
Played by Rachel who has 27 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lífdís Eyjólfur
The pale ivory and silver she-wolf relished in the sunlight that stroked across her slender body as she languished upon a large fallen tree trunk. Her muzzle rested upon outstretched paws, while her tail flicked at the sound of a light buzzing – one of the first mosquitoes of the season, she imagined. Spring was, after all, upon them, and the days that grew warmer only hinted that summer was also right around the corner. It seemed strange to her at how quickly the seasons passed – Lif’s stomach would churn at the thought of winter once more, and how her daughter simply would not survive if they did not find a pack to join. Perhaps leaving had not been the best decision in the end..

Of course, the silence could only be enjoyed for so long, for soon the slapping of water echoed across the small clearing they had settled at. Blinking one orange eye open lazily, the mother regarded her child with bemusement, though she did not openly move. The noise was not welcome, but her daughter’s distraction from her worries was.

Of course, Dagrún had not been content enough to simply sit by and dip her paws in the water.. An echoing wail that cried out to her finally drew both of the she-wolf’s eyes open, and she regarded the pristine female before her with open scrutiny. “Why do you insist at pushing my buttons?” Her tone held a flicker of amusement, yet at the same time a note of seriousness. Dagrún had never been one to simply take an order.. whether it best for her or not.
Inactive No Rank
Dagrún Eyjólfur
<blockquote>
"<b>Because I looooove you mommy?</b>" she crooned, delicately dragging her paw through the water and grinning impishly back at her stoic mother. Abruptly, Dagrún paused, though seeing as it was impossible for her to remain completely still, her foot continued to glide through the water in vague, gentle curves. <i>Hmnnn</i>. Her mother wasn't sitting too far from the waterside... Her deepening grin and gleeful eyes betrayed her devious thoughts almost immediately. <i>Not yet...</i> Biding her time, Dagrún continued to swirl the water with uncharacteristically subtle movements. If she could have whistled inconspicuously and given herself away, she damn well would have warbled a delightful tune.

"<b>Mother?</b>" she asked, her voice the lazy drawl of a temptress, "<b>What are we doing here? I think it's really boring.</b>" Without warning, the little spitfire launched into a complaint she had been brooding on for quite some time. "<b>I mean. Why can't we go back to Hunter's Rise? I had friends there. I was going to get <i>married</i> to the leader's son.</b>" That, however, was merely one of the delusions she had nursed during her time in Norwood Forest when she had suddenly discovered that boys were... were actually kind of cute once you looked past the cooties. Somehow she had managed to convince herself that the leader's son was hopelessly in love with her but regrettably shy and secretive about his feelings. Frustrated, her pseudo-figure-eight's forgotten, the white child slapped the water once more. <i>Nobody understands me!</i>
</blockquote>
Played by Vami who has 1,026 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
Once more she found herself back 'home' again, trailing the length of the drooping willow lands from mountains to the lagoon, searching for a place that she might call her den to form her piece of territory to call her own. Now with followers in tow, the need to make things final became much more evident to her and thus, much more dire. Often, she found her thoughts wandering to Alexander. Though she did not find herself in love with him, nor even falling for him in a crush manner, to say he was a friend was the least she could think to call him. Where he had been there to soak up her anger, others had retaliated. Where he had been there to listen to her, others had not. She needed a partner, a male, at her side to make this official, despite the fact that she knew she was much capable of standing on her own. A pack was stronger with two leaders- this was obvious and had been proven by the brief falling of the Hollow just last winter....
Deep in thought and, wondering of what she might do (knowing Alexander would not leave with her, if not with his daughter in tow) the woman began to space the length of the drooping willows until, once more, she reached the lagoon. She had been on the hunt for herbs and though she had nothing more then a hole in the ground under a willow tree for a 'den' at the moment, she stored what she had none the less. This time, as she reached the waters, chamomile was held within her jaws; a product to sooth a wolves nerves and aid to their physical strength. It was something she had been supplying herself with as of late, given the fact that she was alone.
But alone, however, would seemingly not last long. Coming to the water's edge, she would be made oh-so aware of the presence of another pair. A creamy white woman and her lighter, younger daughter (which she picked up by the 'mommy' title) which caused the black and greyed woman to pause, her ears perking with her skull, her muzzle sniffing to the air which, still filled with herbs. Her pale, silvery gaze would turn to them in interest, mild, however. Her main attention was on a bit of water and, lowering her head to gently place the herbs at her paws, she would settle in for a drink, leaving the pair be.
Inactive No Rank
Lífdís Eyjólfur
The playful words drew a sardonic snort from the pallid female, who stretched out upon her rock once more. Only the gentle stir of water from her daughter’s paws filtered the air for the moment, and the she-wolf reveled in the solitude. Of course, until her daughter began to peck at her again, much like a hen.

Lif raised her muzzle once more, about to elicit a rather strong sentence of words to firmly shut her daughter’s whimsical notions of their old pack though instead the pallid woman found herself biting her tongue. The very thought of Dagrún settling with a mate was everything the mother wanted – her beloved daughter to live a relatively normal and happy life. But she wouldn’t, and the worried mother wasn’t even sure her daughter could handle birth should she settle down – and yet Dagrún seemed either oblivious to her weakness and reality, or simply determined to live to her own expectations.

A low growl that seeped past her lips as her child slapped the water in a temper tantrum very befitting of her, the sound was cut at the realization they were no longer alone. Her fiery eyes fell upon the leisurely form of the ebony she-wolf, who even though appeared to be no threat, her sudden appearance alarmed the she-wolf, and her protective instinct caused her own lissome figure to push off the rock she had been lounging upon, her paws prowling toward her daughter. “Dagrún , út af vatni, nú,” she barked, her accent thickening as she spoke the language of her home. Her eyes shifted from the slender frame of her daughter to view the stranger once more, reassuring herself that there was no immediate danger to her pale child.
Inactive No Rank
Dagrún Eyjólfur
<blockquote>
<i>Just a little longer...</i> The anticipation was killing her.

But just as she prepared to strike, her foreleg like a coiled viper trailing in the water, the breeze brought a strange scent to her. All at once she stopped, and for a single, crystalline moment she was perfectly still — there was someone else here, someone besides mother. That realization broke the spell, and suddenly her pale head snapped upwards to find a dark female who had come to drink from the waters of the lagoon. This was the first stranger the girl had seen in a long time, and it excited her. Her mother, though strong and beautiful, was an utter <i>bore</i>. Perhaps this wolf would provide her with the entertainment she so craved...

<i>“Dagrún , út af vatni, nú,”</i>

Oh, wait, that's right: <i>cue mom, the cautious kill-joy.</i>

With barely contained exasperation, the white spitfire did as she was told, clambering out of the water but taking her damn time about it. Dagrún would never outright disobey her mother — she had been raised better than that. That didn't mean she didn't have to let Lif know just how much like a <i>slave</i> she felt with every overemphasized thud of her paws to accent her displeasure. She was quiet, though: her mother would handle this. The little girl, though overjoyed to see an unfamiliar face, understood on some level that she could very well ruin her chances of getting to see any other familiar faces if she screwed up and misbehaved at any point during this encounter. Dagrún was on her best behavior.</blockquote>
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
Instantly and instinctively to the mother react in weary cautiousness, calling to her daughter to free herself from the water's edge and over to her side. She spoke a name, and the rest caused Elettra's ears to perk, stopping her lapping in drinking to turn her attention to them for but another moment. It was a language she had never heard before in her life and it intrigued her to hear tones like this, far different from that of the common language. Elettra's blood language had been taught to her as a child, but even they did not speak this as fluently as they once had. She neither had spoken the language since her leave.
There was a clearing of her throat, knowing not the right gambit to find a way to speak to them and so, her gaze fluttered away once more onto the outstretch of water's surface before her, lapping up her fill until she was done. Finished, the woman's body lifted once more to it's full height, taking a stretch before dipping her muzzle to gather the herbs from which she had collected. Home was in their direction, though as she moved towards them, it was with a slow hesitance, offering them a wide berth to let the mother know she had no intention of coming to them if it meant a fight. Elettra was not much for starting (or continuing) conversations though had she known of the daughter's sickness, she might of recommenced the very plants clutched within her jaws now.
Inactive No Rank
Lífdís Eyjólfur
“Nú,” she growled lowly again, as her pale daughter took her sweet time removing herself from the water and to the land. Lif’s gaze never drifted from the stranger, who seemed to realize her presence was making the formidable mother quite uncomfortable. The ivory female only relaxed slightly as the youth came to stand beside her, and the mother noted with relief that the dark stranger was giving them more than enough room.

Inhaling sharply at suddenly feeling extremely rude, the Eyjólfur lady cast her daughter a sideways glance before shifting her paws, maneuvering her lithe figure a pace closer to the other. “Excuse me,” she called, her ears twitching before preening forward. “Would you mind telling me about this place?” Of course, she had been to Relic Lore before.. but much had changed since her last visit, she had assumed.
(This post was last modified: May 29, 2012, 01:37 AM by Ruiko.)
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
The woman pauses in her trot, quickly, and even quicker, tenses to the woman's sudden approach into her direction. For but a second, Elettra thinks the woman might retaliate despite Elettra's attempts to keep her distance from the pair. Her head snakes backward to snug itself between her shoulder blades, ears moving to pin against her head, but the very instant she calls out an 'excuse me' does Elettra lax. Her ears, otherwise pinned, now perked as her skull, lifting and turning into the woman's direction who obviously approaches without a stance of malevolence. To the woman's question, Elettra would settle the bundle of herbs which she held within her jaws delicately before her paws, as though settling down with such gentle manner it could have been a new-born child. Elettra's eyes shift to the girl, keeping in her placement with respect to her mother and alas, once more her full attention befalls to the woman.
”Your in one of the varying pieces of land which make up Relic Lore....” She says simply, eying the woman and with this, shifting her stance to where she would be best facing off the other, now noticeably larger (yet more tall and lithe then thickened with curves as herself), woman. ”It just so happens to harbor a number of packs- three, I know. Though, I have whispers of a possible fourth...” Though she could not recall meeting any others of the pack, passing by the lands gave her the thick scent of territory boarders, none of which matched those she'd known of- the smell of Indru, Ruiko and Borden had not been present with this boarder. Believing there were already four packs within the lands would have otherwise perhaps deterred one from their dream of creating their own, but Elettra only sought it as a challenge- a challenge, accepted. ”I take it then, you and your daughter are new?” Her eyes shift, but a moment to the girl whom Elettra had learned to be the woman's daughter not only by the protective nature of which she had over her, but having heard the girl screaming the title as she had arrived.
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
With little words exchanged to one another, if only to gain some information of the land around them, Elettra played the part of a friendly, fellow member of the Lore for the time being. Her own intentions upon he land lay in silence whilst her attention drifted between both the mother and the daughter. When all was said and done, she would bid her farewell to them with a dipping of her deepened gray and lightly rimmed muzzle before turning and heading off in the direction of which she had originally intended.