(See All?) Announcements
516 Users Online
Bing

I've been howling at a hollow moon — Paradise Falls 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Silverfrost who has 23 posts.
Paradise Falls XIV. Subordinate
Adrestia Revlis

A silver she-wolf padded through the sequoia forest. She could have been easily mistaken for a coyote if not for her scent and some of the wolfish features she displayed. She almost blended in with the alabaster snow. The wraith was heavily scarred, most notably on her face. The left side of her face looked to be ripped off. Her left ear was also torn. Other scars dotted her body, most notably around her legs.

Adrestia was not particularly in love with this goddessesforsaken weather. She wasn't freezing but she wasn't comfortable. She fucking hated it though, but she recieved a dream of the north star. She recognized the signs of the goddesses, Moira, Kismet, and Lacheisis. She was bound to their command so she followed the northern star. She arrived in these lands. She could hunt small game on her own. Her white fur was good for something. She was looking for pack borders because she knew she wouldn't be able to take care of herself on her own for the long term. But also she found her purpose in healing others and she beleived the goddesses guided her here for a reason.

Adrestia stopped as she scented pack borders. She couldn't be picky. She howled, calling for a leader.

OOC→ Adrestia is at the borders of Paradise Falls
Played by Cade who has 862 posts.
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
For as much as Chan had abhorred the thought of holding this role again, he was falling into it with a surprising amount of ease. Perhaps it was the fire that @Adelard's presence had helped light in him, maybe it was actually the right thing for now while @Jethro readjusted, or maybe it was just another rise before the fall. He didn't have a crystal ball. All he could do, was what he felt was the next right thing.

A stranger's voice descended upon their home, pulling him away from the snack he'd taken a short break for. His daughters had been enjoying the time with him, and he left was left of his portion to split amongst themselves as he stood and jogged off toward their borders. The woman he was met with immediately reminded him of Colette, and he couldn't help a frown passing over his muzzle. Chan then fashioned his lips into a warm smile.

"Hello. How may I help you?"
[Image: 5BdYuOb.png]
Adrestia Revlis

Adrestia waited, silently sending up prayers to the goddesses. The trinity of goddess guided her here and the dream that she was sent. She couldn't doubt her goddesses, she had never had doubted them even after everything she had gone through. She was brought back to earth and kept her body language submissive, not knowing how traditional this pack might be.

"Hello sir," she said, dipping her head. "My name is Adrestia Revlis and I'm a healer. I wish to learn more about your pack because I'm considering joining." She didn't want to be too hasty in joining and she figured it would reflect badly on her if she seemed too desperate.

OOC→ lalalala
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
She was polite so far. Chan noticeably perked up as she mentioned her self-assigned profession, mind already jumping to the possibility that might present and what he could do to ensure it was real. The rest of her words only opened that door wider, though he was too old to be getting ahead of himself in such matters.

His jaws parted, and then closed without a word. Had this been the pack he had founded, he could have spoken freely. It wasn't, though, and it's true architects were still both with them. What would they want? Things had been such a whirlwind in @Jethro's miraculous return that Chan had not yet thought to ask what he and @Flair wanted of him in this situation.

After all, as like before, he was merely a proxy. Temporary. Nearly the entirety of his story, had it not been for his partner and children.

"Of course. I am Chan, presently the sole leader of Paradise Falls. What specifically would you like to know?"
Adrestia Revlis

It didn't take a trained eye like herself to see that she had caught the man off guard. If she was in a better position, she would have chuckled but she knew enough that she should watch her step and therefore expressions. Still, a bit of mirth twinkled in her eye. By the goddesses he was a sole leader? She had her own biases towards men, that they were more prone to acting on their emotions and by some respects less spiritual than women. The women did carry within themselves the ability to grow life within themselves. She however was no longer in the "world of women" as her birth pack called it, she was in the mens' world. And thus far, she had yet to find anything wrong with this Chan other than seemingly being blindsided by a simple question. She would admit that she was rather vague.

"What are the values of Paradise Falls?" she asked. "What brought this pack together?"

OOC→ sorry for Addie XD
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Words came more easily to him then, morality a fond subject when he found himself on the proper side of it.

"We were founded under the belief that everyone deserves a chance to pursue happiness as they are, and with the hope that we can provide a home where anyone can achieve as much. That comes with the understanding that they will not impede on others' rights to do the same, and will treat the community and its individuals with dignity. Our values, of course, fall in line."

His tail swept back and forth at his hocks a few time as he spoke, at ease.

"We formed over a year ago now, in the prior winter. Most founding members have family and friends in the mountains."

His tone was almost playful then, as he decided to keep the exchange balanced by returning her questions while slightly canting his head.

"What are your values, Ms. Revlis? How did you come to be, here at our border?"
Adrestia Revlis

Adrestia listened as Chan spoke. The pack was one that she felt fell into her own beliefs. The pursuit of life and happiness was one that she'd found the path to be difficult but admirable. The pack was slightly new but seemed sound and was a place she could see herself serving. She made her decision but didn't quite expect the question to be turned back to her. She considered that honesty was the best policy, although a sliver of doubt crept in but she figured the truth tended to come out whether she wanted it to or not. So she steeled herself and spoke.

"I've been a healer since I could remember, trained by my initiate mother, Steliana, Shaman of the Night Witches. When I became a fully fledged healer I swore to help those in need and do my best to heal the injured and sick. My blood mother raised me to be loyal towards my pack but also to serve the goddesses. After my birth pack fell and I had to patch myself and my life back together --" her expression shifted to that of pain ever so slightly. "-- I joined another pack, the wolves of the Jagged Coast. There I served them well and trained apprentices to become healers themselves. I received a message from my goddesses, a dream of the northern star and knowing my former pack was in safe paws, I headed north. And now have come across your borders. And it seems like the right place for someone like me."

She didn't know how well he would take to her story. She decided not to mention how much she had lost or the reasons for the fall of the Night Witches. She didn't need to be pitied.

OOC→ lalalala
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
There was a brief measure of sympathy that crossed his features at her choice of words - fell. He moved on as she did, however, and would not press for the details she chose not to share regarding that part of her past. Regardless of what she hid, Adrestia had found herself in a place where such things could stay in the dark, so long as they did not return to haunt others in turn.

"Glad to hear it. Currently, I'm the only one in the pack practicing medicine, so your know-how could be of great use. Of course, I will need some sort of demonstration of your talents before I can approve of you tending to others."

If he took her at her word, and she was just blustering to get a home, it could be disastrous. No, his priority was in protecting each of his members. Given what he knew, it would be easy enough to discern through conversation and simple herbology whether or not the woman's credentials were as impressive as she presented. He expected the newcomer to understand this, but his perceptive gaze watched for signs that might indicate otherwise.

"If we're in agreement, I'd be happy to welcome you in. If at any point this isn't what you pictured, or you find yourself guided elsewhere, all I ask is a goodbye."
(This post was last modified: Apr 07, 2024, 05:04 AM by Chan.)
Adrestia Revlis

Adrestia was almost knocked over by the fact that the leader of the pack was also practicing medicine. Being a healer was a full time job as was leading; she didn't think someone could do both. Goddesses, it was like she was meant to be here. She didn't blame him for wanting to test her. What would it be? A quiz or some herb identifying trip? It was still winter so she'd lean towards the former. Although, the Revlis woman was a trained soul. During winter seasons she would prefer tree bark remedies even though they were a bitch to get.

"I will pledge myself to Paradise Falls," she said. "You can quiz me now if you want or I can bring you some medicines. Winter is always hard and tree bark can help some but it's usually a bit difficult to get."

OOC→ lalalala
(This post was last modified: Apr 07, 2024, 05:10 AM by Adrestia.)
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Chan chuckled softly at her eagerness, tail wagging with a little more energy to it now. Their numbers were growing, and that was good. He purposefully refused to focus on the recollection that things had been this way for the Cove at one point, too. That no matter how things improved, there was always a chance it could all be torn away.

"Let's get you settled in and acquainted, first. Then we can talk business."

Spoken light-heartedly. He motioned with his head for her to follow, welcoming Adrestia into her new home.