Neo, Bing, Isla, Google, Magg

you’ll never know what it means to me — Paradise Falls 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by van who has 108 posts.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Riven
AW for one or two! Maybe a join? Depends on how it goes I suppose c:
special mention for @Chan and @Adelard

After a day or so of feeling sorry for himself, Riven had steeled his resolve and decided to head up a little further north. It couldn’t hurt to keep looking - perhaps the others were around here somewhere and had just moved a bit? There was still this horrible sinking feeling in his stomach, like he’d swallowed a rock, but Riven wasn’t quite ready to give up just yet.

There wasn’t a lot of wolf smell in the space between Fool’s Gold Chasm and here, but eventually his nose led him to the borders of a pack. He was careful not to cross them, but he did approach, his back legs aching and his right dragging a bit. He needed to rest them - he was smart enough to know that much - but he couldn’t find it in himself to stop until he had reached his destination.

He stopped just short of the border, exhausted and a little apprehensive but not afraid. If even one of his old friends was here, then wouldn’t it be worth it? Just to know where they were? Even if they would prefer he not stay there, Riven would be grateful to know they were simply alive.

Riven took a deep breath and tilted his head back to howl for someone. His voice warbled a little, hoarse from all the howling he’d done along the way in search of his old pack, but it would certainly be loud enough to hear. He let the howl taper off into silence and inhaled again to steady himself, a little flicker of hope lighting in his chest.

Please be here.
Played by Cade who has 862 posts.
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Chan answered as quickly as he was able to, the sound of the call possessing negative connotations. When he arrived, it was clear to see the stranger at their threshold was worn. A measure of concern pulled at his tawny brows as he approached without reservation.

"Hello. Are you alright?"

The most pressing question, at least to him personally. If this rogue needed help, Chan would not hesitate to invite him in so that he could receive it. Not every wolf who tread these grounds had to be honor-bound to the Falls, especially while he was at the pack's helm.
[Image: 5BdYuOb.png]
Lone Wolf No Rank
Riven
He didn’t have to wait long for an answer. The man who approached him was a stranger - large, earth-toned, with two differently-colored eyes. The way he regarded Riven caused a tingle of shame to travel across his body - Riven was well aware of what he looked like; how many scars he had on his body, how worn he was. He supposed if anyone else had come to him looking the way he did, he’d be concerned about them as well.

The question was a bit surprising, though - this stranger was kind, that much was obvious. Riven perked his remaining ear and his expression softened, a light smile forming on his maw.

“Hello. I… yes,” he assured automatically, then hesitated, a huff of what might’ve been something akin to laughter escaping him. “Or, well, no. I suppose I’m not really alright.” He thought it would be harder to admit to, but no - it was a simple statement. “It’s kind of you to ask.”

He cleared his throat before continuing, “My name is Riven. I’m looking for some old friends of mine, and I was wondering if you’d seen them.”
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Chan's ears lifted higher when the the other recanted that initial affirmation. Care remained on his features, but it was measured, tempered down. Nearly no one was comfortable when they felt pitied. 'It's kind of you to ask,' he went on to assert, but the aging Eastfall knew better. This was exactly what he was here for.

"I'm Chan," he returned politely, head bobbing once in a nod of acknowledgment and agreement both, "and I'm here to assist. What can you tell me about them?"

It felt like a 50/50 shot, whether or not he'd be able to give Riven answers. Chan had been born here, after all, nearly seven long years ago. He knew many names from his time spent amongst the Lore's forests. Of course, the world was wider than anything he'd ever be able to comprehend. It would always be just as likely that he wouldn't know.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Riven
He’d been fortunate enough to run into someone who was willing to help him. There was no guarantee Chan would know anything about Fool’s Gold Chasm or the wolves who called it home once upon a time, but if there was even a chance…

“I appreciate your help,” Riven said in return, dipping his head as well. The positivity of the encounter was easing some of the misery that had settled in him.

Riven took a breath before he continued: “Have you heard of a pack called Fool’s Gold Chasm?” he began, angling his ear forward. “They used to have a territory a bit to the south.” The sight of it uninhabited had felt like a bison kick to the gut. “If not, maybe you’ve heard of the wolves themselves? Rhaegara, Enera, Aubine, Woya, Hudson, Adelard?” he listed. Hudson would be a long shot, he knew - he’d wandered off before Riven had been attacked - but maybe the others were still around?

He’d left out a few names, of course, not wanting to overwhelm the other man. If all else failed, he supposed he could just keep listing wolves.
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Had it been only a month or so prior, Chan would have immediately began to nod in confirmation upon hearing the Chasm's full moniker. Now, he waited, and sure enough, @Adelard's name left the blonde stranger's mouth. The only wolf in the Falls that was on the newly-elected leader's shit list, and the only one who Riven listed that was around to give a first-paw account of what had happened to his old pack.

Were he a more grudging character, Chan might have let his negative perception of the Gerau man bleed into his demeanor. Instead, he remained welcoming. Regardless of what the defunct Chasm leader might or might not have done to @Isla, it didn't involve any of his old subordinates. It wasn't his place to deny whatever answers Adelard might be able to give this wolf who had clearly come far for his questions.

"Yes, the Chasm was quite close with my pack at the time, while they were unified. Adelard is the only one here, though. I can take you to find him?"
(This post was last modified: Apr 10, 2024, 01:43 AM by Chan.)
Lone Wolf No Rank
Riven
He couldn’t believe how lucky he was. At Chan’s words, his legs went a little wobbly with relief, his shoulders sagging as the tension ebbed from his body. They weren’t all gone - there was still someone to come back to.

Riven was no fool. Things had likely changed, and he knew that. But in the moment, it didn’t matter. To just see Adelard alive, to know that he was doing well and to perhaps get answers from him - where had everyone gone? How was he doing? What had happened over the years? - would be enough. After that, if his former leader didn’t want to see him again, Riven would leave and they could live their own separate lives. No matter how much the love that remained in his heart might hope for a different outcome.

“Please,” he breathed, throat tight and what was left of his tail wagging slowly. “I would be very grateful if you would take me to him.”
(This post was last modified: Apr 10, 2024, 02:42 AM by Riven.)