(See All?) Announcements
621 Users Online
Google, Bing

i’m losing the other one in quicksand — Bramble Falls 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Van who has 70 posts.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Noriaki Eastfall-Koizumi
@Jadon - set vaguely before the Archer thread, so backdated a lil bit. Maybe early on the 13th?

Returning was not easy. Anxiety clouded her judgment - made it nearly impossible to make her way back to this place. She couldn’t bring herself to go up the mountain just yet, a mixture of fear of her family’s judgment and fear of the heights kept her paws firmly on the forest floor.

Drawn in by the sound of rushing water, she approached the falls. It was beautiful, she had to admit, the way they cascaded down the mountainside and crashed into the pool below.

The sensation of falling still dwelled in her. She couldn’t remember the event itself, but a body doesn’t forget something like that. The swooping feeling in her stomach when she thought about climbing up the slope was too realistic to ignore.

Honey brown eyes cast themselves away from the heights and back to the water below. Water was safer, she figured. Would she have lost her memory if she’d hit water instead of stone?

There was no use thinking about it now. Nori took a deep breath and padded over to the waterside, lowering her head down to take a drink.
(This post was last modified: Apr 16, 2024, 10:47 PM by Nori.)
Played by Molo who has 57 posts.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Jadon Allyn
In any conventional sense, it had been stupid to dunk himself in that freezing lake. But also necessary, and it seemed to have worked. That spiritual side of him felt as if it had returned in full. He finally felt as if he walked with them again, and could hear their whispers in his ears and dreams. Directing him onward, bidding him to find a new purpose. A new life.

He was free.

But he also needed to ensure his survival. The wanderer had chosen to leave the mountains, heading down into the more temperate forests below. Unwittingly, his paws carried him towards the waterfall he had been at once before, last autumn.

Jadon could hear it long before he could see it, and recalled the place being mostly void of his kind. Peaceful. Perhaps he could linger…

But then, as he emerged from the treeline, he spotted the figure of another already here. A part of him was ready to turn back, and move away. Jay reminded himself that he didn’t have to though. Not anymore.

Instead, he chose to let out a low but friendly chuff as a greeting.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Noriaki Eastfall-Koizumi
A chuff sounded behind her, and Nori very nearly choked on the water she’d been drinking. The woman spun around to face the newcomer, ears swiveling back but making sure she stood tall and confidently.

It was a man - a little bigger than her, with dark tawny fur and amber eyes. She certainly didnt recognize him, and she hadn’t been expecting to be approached. Her initial surprise faded quickly, though, and she made herself relax - what would realistically be the worst case scenario? He didn’t seem to be aggressive at all.

“Hey,” she greeted, a hint of a smile on her maw. The man looked to be pretty relaxed, himself. Maybe this wouldn’t be so bad. “You surprised me a little, there.” A neutral greeting - a little humorous, to break the ice.

Meeting others was a good thing, she reminded herself.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Jadon Allyn
Well.. that wasn’t quite what he’d expected. The stranger, a female perhaps only a tad shorter than he had clearly been caught off guard by his presence. Jay’s ears pushed back apologetically. It probably wasn’t the best idea, in retrospect, to announce himself while someone was exposed and unaware. But it was also better than getting too close and risking getting his face bit off.

Jadon dipped his head down at her greeting and subsequent statement, letting whatever tension was left in his body leave. At least that this stranger was less hostile than the woman in the northern forests. He’d have been more deserving of it if she wasn’t, though, than he felt he had been there.

”Yes.. I sincerely apologize, miss. I should’ve kept more distance.” There was a note of humor to her greeting, but he couldn’t tell if it was genuine or forced. The wanderer gestured with his nose further down the stream, away from where they stood. ”I can keep moving. Don’t.. want to intrude.”

If that was what she desired, he wouldn't mind in the slightest. Jay was certainly not here to intrude on what might be someone else's personal moment.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Noriaki Eastfall-Koizumi
She recalled meeting someone else under relatively similar conditions - only, instead of the natural, earthy-toned coat and amber eyes, the demon she’d met before had dark black fur and vibrant green eyes. Once upon a time, she might’ve been more dramatic - Please don’t eat me! - but that was a long time ago. She was older now and she liked to think she’d matured a little.

But matured enough to be called miss? Surely not.

“Hey, now,” she said indignantly, a pout coloring her words. “Who’re you calling miss? I’ll have you know I’m too young to be called that.” She lifted her muzzle playfully, peering down at him through half-lidded, mirthful eyes.

“But if you apologize and call me by my name, I suppose I could forgive you enough to share the water,” she tacked on at the end, a smirk crossing her lips.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Jadon Allyn
Hey now, she started, and for a few moments Jadon was worried he might've actually offended her. But there was a humor to her words which the wanderer caught on to, and a playfulness to her expression as well. Whatever tension had been in his body was relaxed, now replaced by a mixture of bemusement and intrigue.

Jay wasn't honestly sure the last time he had met someone so spirited. It was refreshing, in a sense. All the more so because he no longer had to exercise the same constraints on his commentary either.

"It is simply a term of respect. Which I believe should be provided to all, regardless of age, miss," he countered good-naturedly, but mostly sincerely chancing a half step forth.

"Even if you were too young.. does beauty have no factor?" Jay questioned, returning the smirk. It didn't, of course, not to him. All were created in the image of the gods, and therefore deserving of respect. But it was fun to finally be able to joke and play freely.

"Besides.. you've yet to share your name. So I couldn't, even if I wanted."
Lone Wolf No Rank
Noriaki Eastfall-Koizumi
It felt nice, to get to play around a little like she used to, and the man seemed to take her ribbing well. At the very least, he didn’t seem offended by it, which had her shoulders relaxing a little.

A snort of laughter escaped her and she took a step toward him as well, cocking her head to the side.

“Suppose I should be calling you ‘mister,’ then?” she questioned. If it was a respect thing, and age wasn’t a factor, then why not? The both of them looked around about the same age, regardless.

And then the man spoke again, a touch of flattery in his words. It seemed he knew the way right into Nori’s good graces. She hadn’t really felt beautiful in a while. She grinned, batting her lashes a little. “Aww,” she drawled, tail waving a little. “You really know how to make a girl blush.”

That was a good point - she hadn’t given him her name, yet. But she couldn’t help but drag this out a little longer. “Gentlemen first,” she said, dipping her head in a show of playful respect, prompting him to share his name.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Jadon Allyn
She too advanced a step with a laugh escaping her as she did, clearly no longer leery of his presence. She was quick to respond in kind, placing an added emphasis on the mister portion. Jay lifted his head a little as she did so, trying to appear more dignified. Mister Jay, he thought. It sounded nice, if only in his mind.

"It is only proper. Until we are better acquainted, that is." He spoke with a loose shrug and a mirthful smile that indicated he didn't particularly care regardless. It was odd to think that only a few days ago, his response to her would've been much different.

And she continued, a smile and batting of her eyes added for what Jadon imagined was added effect. His smile broadened at that, and a soft laugh escaped him then as well. "It is simply what I see. The truth," he spoke again - and it was. The woman was rather pretty; tall and defined, with lightly colored soft-looking fur.

Gentlemen first though, she prompted, before Jay's thoughts could drift too far. He mirrored her nod, and dipped down into his own bow of respect. "Jadon Allyn. Or just Jay." There was a hint of pride there too, this time. It was nice to finally be able to give his full name without an ounce of shame.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Noriaki Eastfall-Koizumi
Nori wasn’t sure she’d met a wolf that insisted on being so proper before, and especially not when playing along with her games. It made her feel like she was younger again, less stressed and weighed down. Less alone.

Until we are better acquainted, that is.

A younger Nori would’ve sidled her way up to him, weaving in close and pressed the matter further - “Well, why don’t we get a little better acquainted, then?” - but currently, Nori just nodded her head, feigning seriousness. “Of course, of course. You’re completely right,” she agreed.

He was smiling and laughing - a good sign if she’d ever seen one. The truth, hm? Nori felt a bit of her old pride well up in her chest, preening a bit at the compliment. “How very forward of you,” the woman teased, eyes half-lidded and grin drawn up in amusement and relief both. It was so nice to meet someone new, where there was no pressure, and play like this.

Jadon Allyn. Or just Jay.

“A fine name for a fine gentleman, Mister Jay,” Nori said with a wink, tail wagging slowly. “I’ve got a mouthful of a name. Noriaki Eastfall-Koizumi, but please just call me Nori,” she introduced in turn, mirroring the way he’d bowed.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Jadon Allyn
Of course, she answered. He was completely right. This time Jay tipped his head a little, for he was uncertain whether or not the agreement was sincere. Ultimately it didn't matter all that much though, for despite her antics, the woman seemed friendly enough. She was certainly unlike most he'd known, especially back home. Most of them had been so quiet, submissive, and reserved. Except for his sister, of course.

Just as Tyra, this one seemed to rather enjoy the compliments and attention. If Jadon was being honest with himself, a part of him did too. Whether this game between them was built on genuine interest or just.. something she did for everyone, it was different. And that was nice.

"Perhaps," he replied loosely, maintaining the smile and easygoing demeanor.

Her compliment of him though, was perhaps one of the nicest he'd ever heard. Yet it also sent a stab of pain through his heart, though the wanderer hid it behind wry smirk. Back home the name was synonymous with sin and treachery - the worst of the worst. Now though, he had a chance to start anew. Perhaps in time, and in this new land, his family name could once again be associated with good.

"As is yours, my lady. A befitting name," Jadon hoped to return the comment in kind, observing as she returned the bow. The name was.. a bit much, but it still spoke of her lineage. That was something to be proud of. "I'm afraid I may be undeserving of such a compliment, but it is appreciated all the same."

The wanderer chose to return the wink she'd offered, before casting his gaze to the water beyond her, and then back. "May I?" He questioned, gesturing towards the river with his nose.
(This post was last modified: Apr 21, 2024, 04:19 AM by Jadon.)