(See All?) Announcements
453 Users Online
Google, Bing

no more time to waste — Silent Moon Plateau 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Molo who has 154 posts.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Alarick
The mountains.. it’d been even longer since he had set foot here. The terrain was not, in his opinion, conducive to the long-term survival of individual wolves, much less packs. Even if there were places like this one around.. a forested flatland, providing relief from cold stone and ice. Still though, some chose to make their homes here.

Were he a few years younger, Al doubted he would’ve chosen to look to this place for sanctuary.

Now though, he chose to view it as a challenge. To embrace it even. Although he still barely knew the kid he’d met back at the ridge, Alarick had concluded that this might very well be one of his last, best opportunities to have his life mean something.

He couldn’t pass on that. Wouldn’t, even if it meant he had to descend into the literal fires of hell. If such a thing even existed.. he wasn’t so sure anymore.

Even if he had to search the whole range, he would find the kid. And then they could go from there.

@Adora maybe?
Played by becca who has 132 posts.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Adora Macieo

She had told @Mika that she would be right back. She only intended to stretch her legs solo for a temporary moment, to go off towards the creek that ran through the plateau. A drink and a wash had been her plan. Then she would return to her companion where they could muse on what to do today.

Only something sidetracked her before she made it to the creek's edge.

Vaguely familiar, it reminded her of the lowlands and the willow trees. It had to be, she made quick long strides as she followed. Unaware that he did the same for her even if it would make logical sense.

A low bark of warm welcome when she caught sight of him.

Lone Wolf No Rank
Alarick
A low pitched call; a pleasant welcome. A vaguely familiar voice and presence. Her large form manifested from dense forestry, putting an end to Alarick’s search before it had even really gotten underway. Which was a pleasant surprise and a rare blessing, in an era that had been largely dominated by personal hardship. He angled himself toward her, a wry grin and a few waves of his tail given as an initial greeting.

This gift was one his body would undoubtedly be thankful for as well. Although, if this stretch was where Al’s unlikely acquaintance had chosen as her spot, it wasn’t half bad. In comparison to what most of the mountains had to offer anyway. However, the lack of distinguishable scents or markings indicated it might not be.

He’d soon find out though.

”Miss. Pleasure to see you again,” he spoke, the greeting warmer than he’d offered her last time. And more genuine than anything he’d felt in a while. ”Still think you want help from an old man?”

It was mostly humor there, this time. He wasn’t that old, yet. Al figured he still had a couple of good years left in him.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Adora Macieo

Her tail offered wide sweeps and waves behind her. Undoubtedly pleased to see him. She was hardly lonely anymore but she found that there was a stark difference in what his companionship might offer. He had been humble but she felt certain that he would have wisdom to share.

I would be a fool to turn it down. Especially seeing as you made the journey from the willow trees to here. She smiled, polite and composed but the warmth in her gaze was undeniable. You can call me Adora, but I appreciate the miss. It had created some sense of maturity and respect within her.

Lone Wolf No Rank
Alarick
It was one thing to be treated with a certain amount of kindness or respect, but something else entirely for it to appear genuine. The younger wolf looked.. surprisingly happy to see him. That, too, was different. All the more refreshing even now was her take on things.

A fool to turn it down, she expressed. Which was not only fair, but logical. There was wisdom in a multitude of counsel. And every decent pack or society needed its dissenters to an extent. Those who asked questions or challenged the status wuo, conventional wisdoms, or other beliefs were necessary to keep things in check.

If Al could do that here, that was as good a purpose as any compared to the alternative. ”Time will tell, I suppose,” he responded. Hardly argumentatively, but the jaded side of him had seen too much to give in to her belief just yet. But she would have his best.

”But, you’re very welcome. And I appreciate the opportunity. Alarick.”
Lone Wolf No Rank
Adora Macieo

She gestured softly for him to join her as she walked along. She still needed to go the creek and she imagined he might find relief in it as well after his journey.

There's another here too named Mika. I imagine you'll meet soon. She imagined they were not far from them now, likely awaiting for Adora to return. Alone. She only hoped that her companion would not take another being around too hard. Besides, her and Mika had something special, right? Something that nothing could dislodge? Naive but she felt certain in them for this moment.

Can I ask what you think of the place? Her tone showed she was prepared for full honesty love it or hate it.

Lone Wolf No Rank
Alarick
The gesture to walk was heeded, which Alarick was quick to heed, falling into place next to his new acquaintance. And maybe, future leader? Time would tell. Clearly though, she’d already been going somewhere. Which had him feeling all the more fortunate that they’d met now.

There was already another, Adora informed him as well. Up to three of them, now. She’d evidently been busy outside of meeting just him as well, which was a good sign.

”I look forward to it,” Al returned with a genuine note of enthusiasm, admittedly curious to see what this other was like. And what kind of company Adora kept outside of himself.

What he thought of the place.

”So this is it, then? Where you’re thinking of staying?” He asked for clarification first, and to buy himself a bit of time to study the place first to formulate an opinion.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Adora Macieo
work phone post but didn't want this waiting!

She figured he was not immediately wowed and awed by it if he asked such a thing first. Admittedly she appreciated it. Adora had been walking on clouds since keeping Mika close and someone who could be an anchor would be a good balance. Lest she let all of her fancies run away from her.

"Only if we find it hospitable. I won't make people wither or die over a piece of land." Her voice tensed slightly, mindful of her emotions on the matter. She already knew her gamble to think the mountain might welcome her or anyone she settled upon it with.

Yet she had hope. The land here was far different than the lakeside home she had once known.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Alarick
Only if we find it hospitable, the other answered. Displaying yet again a wisdom and logic Alarick was not used to seeing, especially from one so young. He could appreciate Adora's honesty, too. And the fact that she was prepared to hear opinions contrary to whatever she might think. If she had even posed the question, he had to imagine she felt some sort of attachment to the place, but it wasn't enough to effect decision making, seemingly.

"Truthfully, it would not be my first.. even second or third choice. The mountains have never been for me," he started, thinking it best to get negative emotions and personal biases out of the way first.

"That said though, I see potential in this place. There is water, shelter, and it seems.. mostly untouched by our kind. I could see a pack growing comfortably here," There was plenty of room to explore and for growth, with seemingly little worry about having to compete for resources with neighboring packs. For as far as Al knew, there weren't any close by.

Unless something unprecedented, like that drought he recalled two summers ago occurred again, he imagined existence could be quite nice here.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Adora Macieo

She smiled with a look of comradery among her features in that moment. Truthfully, I did not think it would be mine either. She confessed as her tail swayed softly. Here they closed in on the creek and Adora was prepared to welcome the cool waters fully. Mindful to dip her paws into it downstream from Alarick's position.

I figure if it's truly terrible here later on, we're low enough on the slopes to make a safe trek down into the woods below. Not that she could see whatever was hidden beneath treetops but the land was expansive. But I'm glad that you see potential here. Carefully placed respect in her voice. She did respect the fact that he seemingly ranked its value.

What kind of impact are you wanting to leave behind, Alarick?