(See All?) Announcements
477 Users Online
Google, Bing, Nia

how woozy my eyes — Swift River 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Tara who has 549 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Indru Tainn

While Indru wasn't sure of the purpose of her words he hoped that the effect they had wasn't the intended one for it was a stinging blow that they caused, and he felt she made it clear where she thought the blame lay for the Tainn's dispersal. His jaw clenched in response and his muscle's tensed and as he turned his head it was all he could do to keep civil, to breathe, and to focus on keeping himself rooted to this spot. However, it wasn't lost on him how she called it his family, Indru himself never thought of the word family without Cori being very much the head of it but it seemed clear that she didn't think the same. It felt unfair that she expected him to forget his siblings and the bond's they had shared and replace them with Corinna and their children, for family was never replaced it was extended, that was the whole making of a pack.

As she continued to speak it came clear that still she didn't understand, Indru had chosen to send Borlla away from him, and while it had hurt it had been a decision he had come to and one that he had made. He was not such an unfair wolf as to resent others for that, however much weight Corinna had had on him doing so. I'm not angry at you for Borlla having to go, he began with his voice as calm as he could make it, which was fairly so, but it was careful and calculated as he tried to make himself as clear as he could. In truth I'm not mad at all, but I'm hurt that you left, that you must have known I had no other option and yet you still turned tail and left me to see it through alone. For what was a leadership, a mating, but a pair? Indru had picked Corinna to be his mate and from that action —like all wolves—had intended that they lead together, and when she had accepted his courting he had presumed she thought the same. We're a pair, are we not? Mates? Why did you leave me then, to deal with it alone? His question wasn't voiced with anger because what he had said before was true—it wasn't anger he felt at Corinna, but hurt, which was only being strengthened and multiplied by her inability to apologise, to soothe his wounds, even though she got her way in the end. Indru had lost, and he had done so willingly by shoo'ing Borlla himself, but even then she could not give him this.

Played by Shadow who has 477 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Corinna Donata

Gone Tomorrow

They weren't going to come to an agreement about this. They were disregarding one another, that much was clear. She apparently didn't understand why he was angry, and yet he continued to insult her by saying she had let her duty as a leader fall to the wayside, all the while refusing to acknowledge that it was his protest and defense of his sister that had negated her physical aggression. And while he had not raised his voice at her, Corinna knew when he was holding his anger in check, every word focused and controlled. But it was his last statement that drew the line between them, one that the green-eyed female would never forget for as long as she lived.

Hackles bristling, Corinna forced herself to her feet. It was an effort, to be sure, the bile in her stomach only growing more agitated as her anger rose. Walking towards him, she stopped, a foot from him, less than a lunge. But she wouldn't attack him, it wasn't within her to do that, no matter how angry or upset she was. "Don't you ever talk to me about having to lead alone, about what it means to be mates," it was a controlled, quiet voice. That one phrase, that one rhetorical question, was the one that Indru had long ago lost the right to ask her. Who was he to complain about having to lead alone, when he had on more than one occasion left her to lead alone for weeks at a time. And again, Corinna had to ask if herself if she would ever truly forgive him for that very personal betrayal. Given how much a statement like that stung, it was doubtful. "I'm sorry you felt that you were being forced to lead alone. But you handled it, and now it's done." It was a neutral tone, the best she could do at this point. Was she genuinely apologetic for leaving him there when he had saw fit to dismiss her opinion? Not really, no. But she was genuinely apologetic for the hurt he was feeling, even if she could not wrap her mind around the reason for it.

Played by Tara who has 549 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Indru Tainn
I think I'm done, so up to you what you do next, either archive or reply. :-)

While Indru didn't threatened like Corinna perhaps intended him to do so, his eyes watched her approach cautiously and his body was held just ready to tense if it was needed—Indru had no desire to retaliate if she planned to wound him, but nor would he be unprepared either. Her words stung but at least he knew that his leaving had not been voluntary like hers had been, when he was able he had always remained a strength at her side whereas she had left him weakened. It was ridiculous, this blame game, and after a measured look Indru decided against a response to her low blow, knowing that she was intelligent enough to eventually work out the same thought as he had—he'd never wanted to leave, but she clearly had—but by not voicing it he hoped he would stop the endless battle.

It's done, he repeated with a deadened voice, his gaze drifting aimlessly around the forest before alighting back on her again. His hurt wasn't one that would disappear in a magical instant—especially not with that apology—but it was one he knew he would get over with time. You should go rest, he added after a moment of silence, eyes twitching away from hers in the awkward, tense atmosphere, I want to check the borders and do a few things. However angry or hurt he was Indru could never not care about her wellbeing and he couldn't stop his eyes drifting towards her belly where they softened lightly and returned to his paws as he stepped away from her. I'll see you later, he added as his fiery eyes darted to meet hers quickly, there was a promise in his voice this time and as he turned away to leave he knew he would sleep beside his family tonight.

Played by Shadow who has 477 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Corinna Donata

Gone Tomorrow

Almost as quickly as their encounter began, it was over. Indru refused to acknowledge her comment, no doubt they would always continue to disagree over intention and consequence effects. She said nothing as he turned his attention away from her, eyes clearly seeking something else out. They returned to her stomach, perhaps the only thing they could currently agree on. His suggestion of rest was met with a nod, though given her increased anxiety, Corinna was not all that certain she would be able to do so. He himself wasn't going to do the same, running off to the borders for more time to himself. His promise that he would see her later lifted her spirits some, but she merely responded with a quiet, "Okay." as he turned to leave. It would take some time for them both to be able to return to normal, but hopefully they would sooner rather than later. The entire pack suffered when their leaders weren't cooperating with one another, and it certainly wouldn't take long for the rest of the pack to notice that there was a tension between them that did not typically exist.

Waiting until Indru was out of sight, Corinna finally turned and walked away back towards the newly constructed den. But before she could take more than a few steps, she felt her stomach lurch and with very little grace, gave up her will to keep the bile inside her stomach. Retching, the she-wolf grew woozy, but remained on her feet. There was some relief, now that it was out. And perhaps it was the same with Indru. Now that they had talked to one another and let it out, they would be able to get better. Leaving her sickness, both physical and emotional behind her, the River leader set off towards the den, where she would take her mate's advice and happily give herself over to rest.