(See All?) Announcements
460 Users Online
Bing, Nia, Google

fruitless fisherman — Bramble Falls 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ver who has 80 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Remy Geddes
How lucky that the two had found each other; they matched like a set in core value and intent, even down to their driving purpose - though one was to lead and the other was to follow.

She could imagine her sheer stature and the pride in Elettra's defined movements created a front to be reckoned with; what wolf would think it smart to provoke such a display of mental and physical strength? Of course, they were similarily threatening to prey animals as they were to those of their own kind, but it was no surprise to her that her current comrade saw the same. Such a smart woman; this day was given to her in heaven's good graces. As they ascended the mountain the dark-furred wolf signaled her intent and broke away, masking her coat among the shadows and the bark of the trees. Remy too would take to the sidelines to try and prevent her notice, but she hung further back and snaked a distance apart. There was a movement further up the foothills - maybe two or three goats, and a fat one, a <i>pregnant</i> one. Her steps slowed greatly, waiting for the moment to pounce.

Then one spotted Elettra and the whole gang was spooked. The wild movement and noise that sprung forth from the dark she-wolf furthered their panic and suddenly all the goats came streaming down the mountainside. It would take all the might in her shoulders and legs to get herself up to full speed - an unimpressive pace compared to some of her longer-legged and lither counterparts - but none the less she would rocket forward from the shadows of the lower tree-line, headed straight for the goats. With any luck she could catch one head-on, and if not she could perhaps scare a stupid one or two back up towards Elettra.

One was much faster than the others. He was strong and fit, and it would suit her pride well to take him down. As he attempted to fly past the female, her jaws grasped the mountain goat's hindleg mid-bound. Remy would snap down on it, the warm blood that seeped on to her tongue drawing a wicked snarl and a violent shake of her neck to try and take the creature down. But he was healthy and far more savvy to the mountain life than she. His other leg would strike her in the cheek and the momentary stun he would wrench his leg free and hobble away from Remy. But now he did not descent directly downward; he was taking toward the sidelines to find somewhere to hide. The animal was smart enough to know his wound prevented him from the usual route of escape, but it would appear he was not so great in judging distance. There was almost a straight shot between himself and Elettra.

Remy turned her bloodthirsty gaze on the remaining goats, who had tried to disperse to the best of their frantic ability. The pregnant one was moving slowly off sideways, having seen the injury done on the first and desperate for freedom. <i>Not today.</i> With a fierce growl Remy leapt upon her, jaws wide to clasp her neck and shoulder mercilessly. She bleated with less dignity than a human's stupid sheep, her knees buckling as life was taken from her. Behind her she could hear the clack of their hooves as the others escaped down the mountain-side; it was not their time. Turning her blood-soaked maw in the last direction she'd seen Elettra or the wounded male, Remy looked to see their verdict as well.
user posted image
Played by Vami who has 1,026 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
Though her gaze, fluttering between the retreating goats (faltering each and every way is desperate attempt to get from danger, one man for themselves) Elettra's eyes would spot the intended target of Remy, to much of her surprise, seemingly the strongest and healthiest of them all. In quick retaliation, did the goat strike at Remy, causing a growl from Elettra's throat and out through parted jaws. Perhaps she was not protective of the woman, perhaps she was not her friend, but she was for the time being, her hunting partner and a fellow wolf, not to be marred by prey- the goat would have to pay.
With Remy's attention drifted elsewhere and the injured goat limping his way quickly into safety, praying for a small opening in the mountainside to retreat to, Elettra still scaled the mountain-side downward until she was close enough to her target. With one final leap, she landed upon the floor below, the ache in her back ankles tingling from the impact, her right ankle twisting from an awkward fall by a less graceful moment. She lands half way atop the goat, her impact causing the creature to buckle to the ground and she to buckle atop it. Her jaws snatch for the flesh at the side of his neck, her front limps wrapping around it's mid-section for what hold she could obtain. In all her efforts, she smashes her weight down upon the goat with the injured limb, her jaws sinking deeply into the thick of his neck (not his throat as she would have longed) but slicing through his jugular vein none the less.
There are bleating screams, echoing out to all other animals to run, but none the less, this would be the end of him. His body slumps from its otherwise struggle, leaving Elettra to lay upon and in her grip, she does not let go until she is sure he is dead- does not release until a river of blood tarnishes the creamy color of her lips and greying of her chest. Finally lifting, panting, she stumbles in her limp a few steps away from her kill to get a breather from the effort, as well as seek out her hunting companion.
Inactive No Rank
Remy Geddes
A proud and hungry growl would rumble from her throat as she looked up the mountainside and blinked away the haze of the hunt. The scrape she'd taken from the bastard's hoof was only minor, a vibrant red spot on the pale of her cheek. Her pride remained intact from the fact that she'd <i>almost</i> got him, and was fired up even further when her mossy gaze focused and she spotted Elettra. From her camrade's dark fur came the smell of fresh blood, and lifting herself off the ground she observed with a vile excitement that the male who'd evaded her had instead gotten his neck shredded by the regal female. The young-heavy goat, still but hot within her bloodied jaws, was heavier than she expected her to be as Remy lifted herself on her paws and dragged the kill forward. Pregnancy was a greater burden on her weight than she had anticipated, so Remy only heaved the kill forward close enough as she needed to maintain that no mountain creeper was going to come out and steal her kill before releasing the goat and plodding further up the mountainside.

Her steps were heavy both from tire and general lack of poise - Remy was no fleet-footed grace, sadly - as she made her way upwards, observing a slight falter in Elettra's step. She shot a cold look at the cause of their injuries, taking his death almost like justice. Once within distance of her camrade she heaved to the ground and took a moment to catch her breath and clean the sticky-sweet liquid from her jaws. The taste of it was fantastic, far better than the smaller fares she'd had to take for weeks now. Her goat was only a short leap away from her, but she needed to ease her breath before she tore into its flesh, lest she want to choke on her own food.

"<b>Glad you got him,</b>" she remarked with a bloody grin, motioning with her back nose toward the limp-bodied male. "<b>He looked like a fun target.</b>" Which was true. Usually wolves could not take the healthiest ones - they were too strong and agile. It was those with a burden - age, pregnancy, wounds - that they could remove from the world. But Remy hadn't wanted to wait for him to aquire an injury. Why not just give it to him instead? Perhaps it was beginners luck, but her hypothesis had at the very least worked out and the once mighty goat fell prey to Elettra's jaws in his own home. So tragic; so lovely. Her kill, on the other hand, was fruitful in its own way. Easier due to her hinderance, but less impressive. Not that it mattered - she got her fat goat out of it anyway.
user posted image
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
Elettra's eyes caught sight of Remy then, hauling the pregnant mother goat towards her and so, to meet Remy somewhere it the middle, would Elettra turn to take a grip at the upper portion of the male goat's leg just where the thick began and from her, started her dragging. For all Elettra knew, with the young buck, the mother filled with young, they could have this day been responsible for the murder of an entire family. Though Remy had longed to take down the buck instead, had it not been for her injury to the male and thus, slowing his speed massively, Elettra would have been unable to catch him herself. Not to mention, though the young male goat was a prize to be had, surely the fattened female would supple more of a feast. Still, they had worked together as an effort and so, sharing between the two kills was more then acceptable.
Once gaining closer to her hunting partner, much as Remy went to lay and rest, did Elettra too, her mouth parted wide for deep pants, her injured ankle stretching out from her laying form to pull at the muscle to keep in from cramping up. She'd been limping for days, she knew, an injury as a loner she would have to keep as covered up as possible. It had been worth it, however- far worth it. "How's your face?" She would murmur through her panting, tongue lolling out from her mouth to lick at her bloodied muzzle.
Inactive No Rank
Remy Geddes
As sickening as the thought was, Remy would've been quite proud had they been the downfall of an entire family. Of <i>prey</i> animals of course - she was not born a psychopath nor a serial killer, thankfully. The stone felt cool upon her worked muscles, providing the perfect contrast to help gentle her panting breaths. Doing work felt entirely wonderful, but it was not without its soreness. Remy preferred it to waking up without any issue - it was a reminder of a job well done rather than another day of laziness as she appeared to be frequently experiencing. She'd nearly forgotten the kick to the face that one goat had given her until Elettra questioned it. Remy snorted to recall the moment that the creature had kicked her, once more glad it was dead, before she responded.

"<b>Just a scratch,</b>" she affirmed, twitching her nose slightly to test the wound. It stung, but was not deep, and was already clotting over. Within a few days it'd disappear as though it had never been there in the first place - no battle scars to behold from this scuffle. Elettra's wound, on the other hand, could prove tedious. Once more did Remy test the air, just in case she might've missed a fact somewhere along the way, but she couldn't catch the traces of pack scent buried within her partner's dark fur. A mixture of curiousity and concern lead her to briefly flick her pale gaze upon the woman. "<b>You haven't got a pack,</b>" she stated plainly, only reciting fact. "<b>How will you fare with the limp?</b>" Her voice was not trying of the other wolf's strength - she had just proven to Remy her abilities and she did not doubt them. The female was only curious; lone wolves tended to wander an awful lot as staying in one place never provided them with ample food. Or perhaps she did have a group to stay with and she had just failed to pick up on it. Being new to Relic Lore, it was a possibility.
user posted image
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
Not a scratch, she had said after her snort and with this, Elettra nodded and only this. As her wound would smooth over and be gone within the next few days, as the remains of the creature which had done it, without an ounce of evidence to the occurrence savored yellowed bones and disgruntled goat family- if that. The mention of her own wound, however, was less settling. Unlike one to the cheek, Elettra had to work and move her ankle at all times, consistently on the move without a territory to snuggle up and hide within. She had no one to watch her back, no one to hunt for her whilst she mended. It was true, that the kill she had now would last her a few days, but storing it and protecting it was a manner all of it's own.
"It will take it's toll..." She admitted. The injury however, had been far worth the prize. Though she had a sore ankle, it was far less then the pride of which she had gained by taking a kill. "I hope not to be alone for long, however. I've a few followers," Kyrie, Koda.... (not mentioning lifdis or dagrun cause idk whats going on with that XD) "and plan to form a pack of my own in due time."
Inactive No Rank
Remy Geddes
Once again did Elettra prove herself a smart woman, acknowleding her wound's difficulty. An arrogant wolf would've denied its imposement upon a typical day's work and become subject to the cruelest of consequences - karma, she believed, was the cause for this misfortune. But there would be no such negative light shined upon her camrade, and Remy was suprisingly thankful.

<i>I've a few followers...</i> Well, Remy wouldn't be surprised. Her presence was the kind that grabbed attention and took command; perhaps she had a band of lackeys or something similar? <i>and plan to form a pack of my own...</i> There was the difference. At once her interest was grabbed with more swiftness and ferocity than the manner in which they'd just taken down their prey. Remy avoided seemed over eager, but she did turn her head to face the dark-coated wolf head on. There was a clarity in her moss-colored eyes that delivered her intent: she wasn't asking out of mere curiousity. "<b>What sort of followers are you gathering?</b>" Perhaps it was too soon to express her intention of finding a suitable home just yet. After all, Remy desired permanence. Once a home was found for herself she would remain loyal and proud for the rest of her days, and if she were to settle down in Relic Lore it had to be an adequate pick. Being fickle was often considered one of her faults, although she preferred to think it was necessary with such a decision at hand.

In a way she missed the harsh structure of the north, and she would give anything to be surrounded by warriors and soldiers not unlike herself. Wolves of no nonsense who valued justice and structure more than they did the cunning of mind and manipulation of others. And yet she found herself rather interested in the idea anyway, even if Elettra's intention wasn't to gather an army. Or even if she'd found some of those <span class='word'>ventose</span> loners, it wouldn't have to matter too much. What was more important was that she served an excellent <i>leader</i>... and the followers Remy could put in their place on her own time.
user posted image
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
I did a little repetition here from a former thread, but it fit so, excuse that re-use.

There is but single moments of silence before Remy speaks, her attention full on her now; her moss green gaze filled with an interest far more then just mere curiosity. Elettra's lips turn upwards to a smirk, her pale grey gaze locked upon the woman. It was settled: Down to business.
So far, Elettra had gathered a handful of wolves to join at her side when her moment to claim a land arose. Each one had reasons for coming with her and each seemed confidant that their new-found leader, Elettra, would not fail them. Each wolf seemed sure of Elettra, even having not known her for long, that her pride, confidence and determination would lead them to victory. But it would not be Elettra alone in this mission, but the very wolves which had dedicated themselves to her. Still, upon her time of claiming and naming a pack for herself, each member would be tested of their loyalty. Each member will prove to her, and the pack they they truly wished together, to make their pack great. ”I'm looking for confidence, promise, and heart. Strength, in what they do.” She pauses, letting the woman drink up these few words before she continues on....
”I don't expect everyone to be a promising wolf of war...” Perhaps as Koda's abilities in his size, might suggest. Or Elettra's own harder core and, even as Remy here, herself, which seemed to lack nothing when it came to brute strength. ”But to be determined and dedicated in what they do: be it in hunting, healing, or teaching. The pack will crave commitment and an iron will to succeed- I will harbor notlazy wolves. Everyone will work and work together, to make the pack healthy and strong. Nothing will be handed, and everything gained.” It was fitting for a 'king and queen' upbringing, much of what she had been used to in the vast nation of which her families empire rested. But these lands were far more simple, still, she craved what more packs wanted: loyalty, promise and for everyone to pick up their weight in the pack. Elettra longed these things to, and more.
Inactive No Rank
Remy Geddes
The other was no common fool; she understood where Remy's intentions were leaning as evidence by the delicate smirk that edged its way upon her muzzle. It was without distraction that she heeded the dark wolf's speech, presenting what was doubtlessly the perfect home for the Mackenzie wolf. Each word seemed perfectly selected as though to woo her, but there was no need - she was seduced by the very <i>idea</i> of it. None the less she listened intently and at the close of the woman's jaw Remy had to contain herself to keep her words from spewing forward without thought. She was excited, but far more capable of controlling herself than to allow that. There was no more time to waste. Weeks had been spent doing nothing, and finally a viable opportunity presented itself to her in the form of Elettra. And thusly the large woman would straighten up, lifting her dark-spotted head high so her words, though they would echo with strength themself, would be backed up.

"<b>In the three years I've seen I have trained my expertise in but two skills: fighting, and <i>serving</i>. And I have sought in vain a pack worthy of my loyalty; my life.</b>" And she did not mean so in the sense that she wasn't about to waste her life in some loser's pack (which she wasn't) but rather that her tie would be so strong that her life would be sacrificed if it was what was needed. The truth that rang in her voice also shone within her gaze; never before had she <i>meant</i> anything so sincerely, and the severity of her tone would not lighten up as she continued. "<b>Elettra, you are more capable than any other wolf I have come across in this land. I do not doubt that your pack will succeed... but I can <i>promise</i> you it will, if you take me into your ranks.</b>"

It was a bold statement, and such things did not fly from her mouth without warrant. Was there any other wolf with a loyalty like hers? The smell of a pack within her pale fur was more than just a marking to Remy, it was an adhesion that kept her permanent in her support for a quality leader. "<b>You have seen where I lack talent, but you have also seen where I have strength. If I am worthy and you will have me, I will follow you indefinitely.</b>" It was a longer piece than she had intended, but the ferocity of her desire had been the cause. Now she waited, doubtful that her help would be unwanted, but still in need of an official decree.
user posted image
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
There was a wildness to the woman, Elettra felt; a new stirring of energy, of excitement, of readiness. It was a feeling that surged through and out the woman as she lifted herself up and, spilling over Elettra, whom would relinquish her smirk for a smile. Remy was not the proper, noble and royal being of which Elettra was. However, they were both rough around the edges, similar in ways that Elettra had found in no other. Whilst Elettra was the royal council, she was the devoted warrior. A woman of war, fitting to strengthen the pack in order to make them strong and their generations even stronger. She was made to be the leader of the force and something Elettra would not allow herself to pass up. Elettra Archer had been born to lead and Remy Geddes was born to serve. They'd be the perfect pair yet.
The younger, larger woman would, with each breath of words she spoke, lay down her life for Elettra, by her promise to join her pack and makes it's success true and with this, her loyalty. Her words were as charming as Koda's had been, if not more so. Militant in manner where as Koda's had been of a gentle giant's word. The structure of her speech had brought the laying Elettra to perk to attention, tail waving in a delicate agreement as she continued.
Indefinitely, she spoke of, to pledge never to leave her side. Elettra would be left to wonder that, after the years pass on and the ability to rule left Elettra dry, would still they work together as rogues until the day they died, much as they had worked together this day in their youth. It was a fleeting thought to the back of her mind, but a comforting one none the less. She'd have a forever ally, unlike so many which had crossed her before. Of course, her promise would be tested with the time they stayed together, but surely it was the same test that Elettra would undergo in her leadership.
"You give me pride, Remy Geddes..." Though she had enough of it, to know that in her years of traveling, Remy had chosen her within the many, made her boldness ever more so. "..And I will not allow myself to fail you as your leader, and I am sure I cannot, with a woman like you at my side." She smiles still, her silvery gaze intent upon the younger woman as she speaks. "In the little time we've spent together, I have learned much of you- and I like what I see. You will not fail me, ether." And whilst Elettra pledged not to fail the woman in her leadership, she deemed the woman to not fail her. And she wouldn't, should she live up to the expectations Elettra now held for her. "Come now, let us celebrate your new place within my ranks!" And though she had yet to officially claim her stake of land, they would be nothing less then pack-mates this night. Elettra's attention then finally turned from the woman and onto their 'family of kills'. Tonight, they both dine as royalty.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »