(See All?) Announcements
450 Users Online
Bing, Chan, Google, Apollo, Baidu

New Faces... — Heartleaf Creek 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Hero who has 494 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Koda Reinier
(This is shortly after his encounter with Kashi.)

The large cream and silver wolf trotted on, relieved to have had his first encounter with any wolf come away with no bloodshed. His voice had worked and the young male was still alive... no force of nature had extinguished him from existence. Although it wasn't something that he actually thought about consciously, it was always swirling around in the back of his mind. <i>Why had he survived and no other?</i> Survivor's guilt often weighed heavily upon him, but life must go on. It was the way of the wild and it was time for him to live as a wolf should, rather than a shadow drifting aimlessly.

He gave a smile as he thought of his earlier brief encounter. Young Kashi seemed a promising fellow and his pack was lucky to have one such as him. Koda shook himself from his thoughts and continued to follow the creek. He was unsure if it was the same one, for he had drifted away from the water at one point, but that was one of the perks of being a lone wolf. No deadlines and no boundaries. Although, if one was smart you respected the boundaries of others and he was a smart wolf that valued his hide and wanted it to stay just as it was... intact. He was careful to stay away from the pack borders, but he did seem to follow them as he meandered with the stream.

The sun was rising high in the sky now and with the temperature raising a tiny bit, his thick pelt warmed and the desire to relax in the sun came over him. A little ways ahead there seemed to be a small flat area next to the stream that seemed a perfect place for a siesta. He made his way to it and drank his fill of cool water, before laying down sphinx-like with his golden eyes half closed and his chocolatey ears swiveling constantly to monitor his surroundings. As a cool breeze washed over his warm coat all he could think was that he was in his own little slice of heaven right now.

[Image: btp_by_euphoriclies-d8zepdr.png]
Arla and Emma are the ish and made my pretties!
Koda will most likely always be accompanied by Chiron unless otherwise stated, or requested.

Played by Smeh who has 37 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kegan Richie
Kegan loved this place more than ever right now, since it was his home, suddenly he started to run at high speed to the creek, unaware of the wolf that he had not met before and was a stranger to Kegan. He then quickly dived in, splashes of water going everywhere, and the fish scattering all around. Kegan's greyish fur was now soaking wet with water, but his fur was moist and not dry, which made it shiny and glamorous, Kegan then played around with the water, then licking some water down his throat. Strangely enough, Kegan couldn't catch a single trout! But he was a master hunter when it came to any type of fish.
Then finally, Kegan noticed a wolf alike him, it was something like looking into a mirror. He finished attempting to try and catch the slippery trout.<b>"I give up!"</b> Kegan moaned angrily to himself.<b>"Oh, hello, I don't think I've met you before, so how are you this cloudy day?".</b> He sat down a safe distance next to the wolf, just in case it was to attack, Kegan was waiting for an answer.
(This post was last modified: May 08, 2012, 07:08 PM by Kegan.)
Inactive No Rank
Koda Reinier
Koda's eyes were drifting shut as he relaxed in the afternoon sun, He hadn't taken the time just to be still and calm in quite a while and he was thoroughly enjoying himself. Unfortunately, it didn't last. His eyes popped open with a loud rustling across the ground. He turned his head just in time to see a young wolf leap through the air and cannonball into the water right next to where he was laying. Then his eyes snapped shut as a wave of cold water drenched him.

He shook his head and spluttered, <i>"What the..."</i>, sneezing the water out of his nose as he rose to his feet. He glared at the other male for a long moment, then shook himself to rid himself of the cold water. His thick pelt poofed out like a small bear. He glanced down at himself and couldn't help a small laugh. He battled this look every time he got wet. He was used to it, since he loved to swim himself. <b>"Um...Hello there."</b> Luckily he was a friendly wolf that could enjoy the twists that life could sometimes bring you way and he saw the humor in this little encounter. He grinned at the other wolf, fur sticking out in all directions.

Koda will most likely always be accompanied by Chiron unless otherwise stated, or requested.

Inactive No Rank
Kegan Richie
Kegan tried to contain his laughter, but it was effortless even trying <b>"Sorry about that".</b> He said half giggling.<b>"That was priceless! You should have seen you're face!"</b> Kegan laughed, then, he finally had finished with the laughing and sat down peacefully. <b>"Oh, my name's Kegan by the way".</b> Kegan started shaking off all the wetness of his body everywhere. He now looked like a giant ball of fluff. Kegan started laughing again.<b>"Oh no, not looking like giant ball of hair!"</b> He said laughing while he walked calmly through the water this time. Though he was soaked, Kegan looked a lot better.
<b>"Achoo!"</b> Kegan sneezed harshly.<b>"Ahhh... now I have a cold, no matter.</b> He sat down next to the wolf.<b>"So what's you're name, I have told you mine".</b> Kegan waited for a answer from the friendly wolf.
Inactive No Rank
Koda Reinier
Whatever the reason, Koda couldn't bring himself to be angry with this young fellow.. <i>Kegan.</i> Especially with his newly spiked pelt. The older male couldn't help another laugh. Somehow, this encounter was out of time and place. Despite being older, stronger and more dominant, he wanted nothing to do with the whole hierarchy ritual this time, so he simply nodded his head as Kegan joined him. <b>"Hello, Kegan. I am Koda Reinier, wanderer extraodinaire,"</b> he greeted. For some reason he was in an incredibly lighthearted mood. Maybe being around other wolves really would be good for him, he speculated to himself.

With another grin he began to groom himself. His pelt looked worse than Kegan's because he'd not been evenly saturated with water. He gave a low chuckle as he set to remedying his current state of appearance. When he was at least reasonably groomed, he turned his golden eyes back to the other wolf. <b>"So, young Kegan. Are you from the nearby pack or are you a drifter, such as me?"</b> He truly hoped that he wasn't from the neighboring pack Then someone might come looking for him and take exception to Koda's presence. He wanted trouble with no one and he was enjoying this easiness of this encounter. One thing that he wasn't looking forward to was having to get back into the whole <i>'I'm tougher than you'</i> game. It was a necessary thing, but he had enjoyed the simplicity that had come with being a loner, at least in that respect.

Inactive No Rank
Kegan Richie
<b>"I am a drifter, alike you".</b> Kegan nodded.<b>"Achoo!"</b> He had then sneezed again, sounding a bit like a puppy.<b>"You would rather be a loner than a pack member? I would like to be part of some pack".</b> Kegan had said that out of pure curiosity and he had tried his hardest to not offend the wolf in any manor, Kegan didn't want to start a fight. In fact he hated fighting, and would always try to avoid such a thing. Kegan's tummy grumbled, oh he was so hungry, why so ever hungry.
Kegan decided that he would try to catch the trout that he has failed to catch before. He silently padded through the water this time and didn't splash. Suddenly, Kegan lunged with his teeth for one of the biggest, slippery trout he had ever seen before. Luckily, the catch had been successful. Kegan split the giant trout he caught in half and he shared it with the new face Kegan had just met.<b>"Here ya go Koda"</b>, nudging the half of the trout towards the wolf in a kind manor.
Inactive No Rank
Koda Reinier
Koda was slightly relieved that Kegan was a loner, but it did simplify things. They only had to worry about their reactions to one another and not what someone else might do or think. Koda pondered Kegan's question about being a loner. A week ago, it would have been a definitive 'Yes' to preferring to be a loner. Now, he wasn't so sure. He's been considering the merits of being part of a pack again and the thought didn't bring such a wave of pain as it used to.

Kegan suddenly got back in the water, slower this time and managed to do an impressive job of catching a rather good sized trout. He was surprised as not too many wolves were good at fishing. He was fairly good himself, but he'd never caught such a large specimen. He was further surprised when the younger wolf split his catch with him. <b>"Thank you,</b> he said simply and enjoyed the tasty gift. When he was done, her returned his attention to the previous question.

For reasons unknown to him, he decided to share a tiny bit of his past with this friendly youngster. <b>"I used to be in a pack. Beta even. But, they were all... all killed in a wildfire."</b> His voice hitched just slightly with the memory. <b>"I've been on my own for a year. You are one of the first wolves that I have talked to in all of that time."</b> He was surprised at how easy it was to open up. He had ever been the friendly type, but the tragedy had deeply scarred him. Thus, his subsequent solitary travels.

<b>"Who knows? Perhaps the time will come for me to join a pack again soon."</b> He said with a smile and a wave of his thickly furred tail. He couldn't help but roll the thought around in his head, now that he'd truly opened himself up to the idea. <i>Who knows, indeed?</i>

Inactive No Rank
Kegan Richie
<b>"You're welcome ."</b> Kegan said quietly before eating his half of the fish. <b>"No more tummy grumbles".</b> Kegan had said with a small and short giggle. <b>"Oh! I'm so sorry Koda, I shouldn't have brought it up, You're past is like... mine... my pack was overwhelmed and killed by a rivalry pack, just after I was forced to leave, it had happened".</b> Kegan did not want to tell anymore of the grim story and never will. He played with some dirt because Kegan was simply bored.
Kegan snuggled up like a ball, his fur almost dry, he also trusted Koda after the food and the conversation. Kegan yawned and stretched stiffer than an old crooked chair, Kegan was tired and his energy level was low. <b>"Uhhhh.. I'm so tired, what about you"?</b> Kegan asked half asleep.
Inactive No Rank
Koda Reinier
Koda couldn't help a smile at the boy's enthusiasm and straight-forwardness. He agreed, no more tummy grumbles. At least for a bit. When the young wolf continued, he gave a sad smile, at Kegan's brief story. He supposed that most wanderers had some kind of unfortunate tale. From being booted out by a jealous Alpha to a total tragedy, such as theirs. Kegan was young and seemed to have adapted fairly well. Either that or he hid it well.

When he mentioned being sleepy, Koda couldn't hold in his laugh. It burst out of him, he couldn't help it really. <b>"Remember who was sleeping before getting drenched?"</b> He tried to make his voice sound stern, but the laughter just beneath the surface caused him to fail miserably. Seeing Kegan curling up, completely comfortable gave Koda a strange sense of contentment himself. Figuring that he had the right idea, he lay down and let the afternoon sun warm his own creamy pelt. He was even more relaxed now, with a bit of fish in his belly as well.

Before they both drifted too far he suggested, <b>"Perhaps we can hunt something a bit larger than fish. Later though."</b> His voice faded off with the relaxed feeling of being in good company on a beautiful day without hunger nagging at the belly.

Played by Vami who has 1,026 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
It was from the flowery fields which she descended down to the falls and from the falls, did she arrive here on her travels back to the willow lands which she was not beginning to consider her new 'home'. Her travels along the mountain's base and then from the falls to follow up along the rivers had been all but quite and restless savor a meeting with a large woman by the name of Remy, a successful meeting in the very least. Though she had yet to formally form the pack which she was slowly gaining members for, her way to leadership was closer then she had originally expected.
For the moment in time, however, she was on her own as any rogue might be, despite the fact that she had wolves whom were interested in following her lead once her pack was established. She was a rogue, still, and, by this, seemingly on a constant move. That is, until the sounds of conversation by two others caused her to cause in both weariness and interest. It was males. She had not encountered any rogue male savor Bear (which was a very brief meeting at that) since her small time within the life of a rogue and it was odd to say the least. She had run into women of all sorts, some of which she would soon call pack-mates, but to say the least, a brothel of women was surely not what she respected for her pack.
So, Elettra moved with an interest, yet still with much caution as she approached the group along the river side. Her attention moved over each of them as sh paused, one younger then the other (just into adulthood) and the other much more close to her own age. She would dip her head to each of them in a silent gesture of a greeting, but with still distance between them and having jumped into their conversation, Elettra said nothing.