(See All?) Announcements
573 Users Online
Google, Miriam, Lillia, Bing

My Mind Is A Tearing Cloud — Lost Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by TABs who has 837 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
<font style='margin-left:20px;'>The wind buffetted the young wolfs silver fur as she struggled to keep a hold of the loose stones which littered her path. Her claws scraped harmlessly against the stones as she slipped and slid along. The yearling had spotted a lake farther down the steep ridge that she had been hiking up.</font>
<font style='margin-left:20px;'>Since her father had disappeared after the bear attack she searched everywhere for him, but yesterdays rainstorm had left her in a depressed mood. She knew enough to know that the rainstorm would have washed away any of her fathers scent that was left. With sadness in her heart she realized that this world truly was cruel. She would not find her father there in that sad wet place, and she probably would never see her mothers pack again.</font> <br>
<font style='margin-left:20px;'>Her blue eyes widened as she lost her foothold and with a <span class='word'>pip</span>-like yelp she tumbled sideways further down the jagged ridge. With a sudden burst of anger at her father and the world she turned herself over onto her belly and clawed at the stones. Narimé had managed to slow her descent and stop herself from hitting a larger sharper stone that she had just been heading towards. As she clawed for more grips with her back legs she felt the pain of scrapes and cuts on her back. With a whine she turned her head around to look down and she realized that she was closer to getting to the lake if she had just continued falling. Quickly glancing around again she looked for any way to climb back up, but the stones and slate would not give her any good purchase.</font>
<font style='margin-left:20px;'>"Someone help!" She howled quickly hoping someone was around to help her get down. She could see many more large rocks below her that looked like large serrated teeth from her view. Then she looked around to her left desperately looking for a ledge where she could maybe jump to, but with a cry she couldn't see any.</font>
<font style='margin-left:20px;'>"Somebody!" She cried again this time coming close to tears. She didnt want to die yet. She wanted to live! Even if she couldn't live with her father or her pack. Then a thought crossed her mind.</font>
<font style='margin-left:20px;'><i>I won't escape......Cruel world will not let me live......Cruel and sad and angry........Why me?</i> She closed her eyes and began to cry. Her whimpers and whines ehoed around the stones as she still gripped the stones.<i>No one is there! No ones going to save me!</i> She screamed in her head. Even if her mind thought she would not survive her body still reacted with fear. She howled a third time not saying anything in the howl but just letting anyone nearbye hear her fright</font>
<i>But will anyone hear her?</i>

Played by Minou who has 113 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Treena Rose Hervok
At first it sounded like her conscious, just a small pleading voice. Then it grew, until Treena became nervous. The howl echoed through her mind, vibrating the skull. It could have been easily ignored. The blue sky above her came with a slight breeze, shinning upon the lands that were now hers. She was quick to explore, trying to find a proper route to certain areas. Still, the border was where she was comfortable. The wolf could have turned her back on the squeals without a second glimpse. Whether it was curiosity, or just her lawful personality, Treena was set to help these kinds of situations. Her head lifted forward, tilted like a dog hearing a known word. She struggled to find the source, ears bending this way and that. Made as a rescue ship on four paws the wolf followed with a safe pace, still adjusting to her new home. Her claws grabbed and yanked, her body curving to keep a graceful stance through the hills. A smile was placed on her face, almost as bright as the sun high above her long blended neck. Mixtures of glittering gold, raven black and different tones of silver were flecked across her lean figure. Gravity was nothing compared to Treena, she could almost fly. It was obvious in the way she slid over boulders, twirled around sudden obstacles, that her power was not just mental.

She was not here to intimidate. She was here to help the young wolf, now quite visible. She was too close to the border than comfortable, but Treena put that off for now. Guarding the border was a boring job, something she’d avoid doing too often. Though, she was here now, and she had to do something. She couldn’t let the wolf die. It was an impossible thought, not even an option. Inhaling the scent, much like Rhysis had done with her, Treena smelt nothing but wild-life. Good.

She could help.

Her eyes scanned the mountain, desperate with each second that past. She was a master with mental puzzles, finding every ledge, most not sturdy enough for the silver female. The unique wolf was pretty big, foot-holds big enough for Treena were not for her. <b>“If you want to survive, you must do what I say.”</b>

Her voice rang clear, with a dominate after taste. It stayed in the air like fog, her mouth going dry as she concentrated. She spoke quickly. There was no time to waste and diddle taddle on introductions, the loner could trust her or not. It was her life on the line. Striding over the mountain she used a forepaw to pad at a pretty far away ledge. It was just as far from the top, but Treena’s eyes had created a route which would bring her back to safety. Whether the loner dared trust her word was different. She knew she was capable of jumping the width, but would the loner? Her calculations told her yes, but no amount of math would exterminate the risk of such a jump. This was an attempt. There was no easy way out. <b>“Can you make this jump?”</b>

There was no room for being smug or lying, either the wolf could or she couldn’t. It didn’t impact Treena, the outcome of her response would only impact her own health. It was better to under-guess than over-guess. There were others paths she could take. Treena wasn’t a total puzzle master, finding another would take time, but she was willing as long as the wolf could keep her grip. Her eyes stared into the murky blue of the loner’s, trying to create a connection, not dominate, but prove she was honest. That she wasn’t just screwing the larger wolf over, and that she found humor in killing others. <b>“If you fall, I will try to grab onto you, but I am not strong enough to drag you over the cliff. You must focus. Listen carefully to what I am saying. You must feel the rocks, sense a position strong enough to support your weight. Back-leg power is essential, do not underestimate yourself. Don’t rush it,”</b> Her upper-lip twitched, her white fangs showing, <b>“<i>or else you will die</i>.”</b>
user posted image
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
<font style='margin-left:20px;'>A voice calling to her snapped Narimé out of her despair. She angled her ears and turned her head looking for the voice. She saw a beautiful she wolf standing further up the ridge. The she wolf was staring at her but not in an angry way. She really did seem to want to help.</font>
<b>“If you want to survive, you must do what I say.” </b> Narimé closed her eyes and tried to calm her racing heart. She slowed her breathing and continued to grip the stones while she listened to the she wolf.
<font style='margin-left:20px;'>"Jump where your paws were? On that ledge?" She panicked for a moment seeing how far away it was. Sure she had played games with her siblings when they were little, testing to see who could jump the farthest, but she had never tried jumping <b>that </b>far before. Even if she was older with longer legs she was scared to even try.</font>
<font style='margin-left:20px;'>She growled as the strain of holding her place began to burn her muscles. She wished an eagle could just fly up and pluck her off the side of this stupid mountain. Of course then she'd have to fight the eagle off to survive, but that sounded easier than leaping with no foothold. </font>
<font style='margin-left:20px;'>"I can try to, b..bu..but are you sure I can make..." She was cut off when a rock slid under her left front paw and in terror she clawed at the rocks for more of a grip. She found a semi loose piece of slate which held the weight of the top half of her body. She kept her two front paws on that one piece of slate and whimpered again while shutting her eyes.</font>
<font style='margin-left:20px;'><i>Just calm down...just calm down... just calm down... what did the she wolf say?! With your back legs... Get on rocks that support my weight, back-leg power is essential, do not underestimate myself.... Just calm down.. I can do this.</i> Narimé opened her eyes again and looked over to the ledge where the elegant she wolf was standing still watching her.</font>
<font style='margin-left:20px;'>With a sniff the gray yearling lowered her head and began feeling around for stronger holds with her right back leg. She found a rounded rock which held that leg. Now she looked towards her left back leg and did the same. It took her a few minutes to find a sturdy enough rock close under her belly which luckily enough she could place both her back legs on.</font>
<font style='margin-left:20px;'><i>That will make it easier to jump at least...</i> She looked back to the ledge again hesitating. The sunlight caught the purplish hue in her eyes as they took in the distance between the ledge and the young wolf.</font>
<font style='margin-left:20px;'>"<b>Now!</b>" She barked to herself, tensed her muscles, and remembering what the female had said, sprang with all the power she had in her back legs. The sound of her claws scraping the rock made her heart fill with glee. She made it! Or so she thought. As her back legs hit the edge of the ledge rocks slipped out from her left back leg. She pulled herself away from the ledge accidentally bumping into the she wolf. Then after watching the ledge for about a minute she realized how close she was to the she wolf and quickly lowered herself. Her ears layed back and her neck was stretched exposed showing the "I'm no threat" signal. If there had been more room on the ledge she would have been on her back but she thought better than to try that right now.</font>
<font style='margin-left:20px;'>"Sorry about that and thank you so much. I'm so happy you were near. I can't say thank you enough." She tried to lick the bottom of the elegant she wolfs jaw furthering her submissive posture and showing her thankfulness. </font>

Inactive No Rank
Treena Rose Hervok
Treena accepted the she-wolf’s submission. It felt strange. Being on the opposite side many times had tinted her mindset. She had just joined this family, but already she was tied close to the mountains and members. That didn’t alter the way she stood, with her tail curled high in the air, enjoying the moment of dominance as she allowed the female to lick her jaw. Eventually she leaned forward and investigated the wolf, careful for a sudden movement. If the female even dared to growl it would be the end. No passing go, no collecting 200$. This was the pack border. She should have run the female out by now, snapping her jaws the entire way. With seven females in the pack already, and Naira expecting, there were no room for warm welcomes. Plus, Treena didn’t want competition for her rank. She was new, and oh so disposable. With no close bonds, and no real gift for the pack quite yet, she wasn’t ready to be replaced and sent to the bottom. Hell, she was almost there already. Though, the loner had already stumbled upon Poison Path land. The best Treena could do was swat her away with no information, and hope she never returned again.

Of course, it wasn’t her say that accepted a wolf, or rejected a wolf from the pack. But it was only nature’s finest law that the wolf should be protective on her own stature. Too many females already, the thought screamed in the back of her mind subconsciously. Instead of listening, Treena circled the she-wolf like a hawk. Stepping softly and slowly, large golden eyes drifting through the sunlight and at the invader. She was typical loner, but quite young. Youth didn’t always mean inexperienced, but it meant the cards were in the pack member’s hand. The dazzlingly silver she-wolf was quite fantasy-like, more mythical with an unreal beauty, like she was just an allusion. Though, allusion she was not. She looked slightly starved, like most loners food was hard to come by. Treena memorized her muscles, the way her spine reached from tail to neck. She would fill out well, and have proved bravery and loyalty to the pack-mate’s word. She was quick, and smart for her age. Still had some to learn, but everyone has room for growth.

Rhysis might be unhappy with her.

Naira was hormonal. She could be more than vicious and mean. That was where the real danger rest at, upsetting a pregnant female in an already cranky mood.

Treena couldn’t slip up, nor would she put her head on a silver platter to be feasted on by the other members of the pack. Would they enjoy her failure? She wasn't sure, the thought was one that had been in her mind for quite some time. There was no point in examining, it would be better to get information out of her. Stopping sort and taking a seat, the she-wolf gave a small smile. Her black nose inhaling the loner stench. <b>“It seems you are not use to the mountains. So, why travel over such dangerous land?”</b>
user posted image
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
<font style='margin-left:20px;'>With a quick glance at the female Narimé slipped out from under her. She kept her head very low as well as her body, and her tail was tucked far between her legs. A memory from her old pack flashed across the gray she wolfs mind. The adults going outto defend a border from a lone she wolf. Narimé had followed them and watched her pack kill the female. She knew that adult wolves could be mean or protective if they were in a pack and she definately didn't want this female to attack her. Although she wondered if she would after just saving her from a potentially bad fall. </font>
<font style='margin-left:20px;'>" W...well m...my father. He disappeared and.. I have to look for him miss. We came here together not too long ago, b...but then we were attacked by a bear, and...and.. I just don't know what happened!" She closed her eyes trying to stop herself from crying. However she was already so shocked from that previous rocky experience that she couldn't hold back the tears.</font>
<font style='margin-left:20px;'>"I know he's got to be somewhere around here...b...but the rain washed his scent away." She whimpered and tried to hide her face from the older she wolf.</font>
<font style='margin-left:20px;'>"But I got here because he was taking me north for some reason. We came from the South, and I thought that if I kept heading north I might find him so I started climbing these stupid mountains." She sniffled and opened her eyes again not quite looking at the female but looking through her so as not to provoke the she wolf. </font>
<font style='margin-left:20px;'>"Then I saw the lake and thought that he might be there cause there's like no water anywhere here...." She wondered if the she wolf might have seen her father at some point. Maybe he did just come in this direction.</font>
<font style='margin-left:20px;'>"Ma'am? Maybe have you seen a white male wolf with a gray back and tail?" She asked quietly while trying to settle herself.</font>
<font style='margin-left:20px;'><i>If father isn't here then I will try going further north. Maybe I can find him eventually.</i> She looked down waiting for the she wolf to answer. </font>

Inactive No Rank
Treena Rose Hervok
Sitting on the cold ground, as tall and hard as the mountains around her, Treena tried to replay memories of past wolves. It was clear she was focused, her seductive eyes still on the loner but her body seeming to drift away with each second gone. She had never seen a white wolf with a black back and tail, nor did she ever intend to. Lying to get the silver youngster off territory was plausible. It would be easy to say her father past the border and went another direction. That he was alive and in good-condition, stopped for a drink and went on his way. It would surely give the newcomer some support for now, only in the long run would it be cruel, and by then maybe she had moved on. The wolf scrapped her paws against the ground, carving the claws until they looked like mini-swords, a desirable appearance. Once the one paw was totally threatening and capable of murder, she moved on to the other. <b>“I’ve never seen such a wolf.”</b>

The words slipped out without hesitation, her mind wasn’t done deciding before she responded. Still that didn’t stop them from sound confident and loyal, each syllable the climax of an unknown story. The perfectly carved goddess kept her face a solid block of sympathy for a second or so, then moved on. <b>“He may be dead. You’ve seen how easily it is to forfeit the game of survival, just one slip up, and you’re done.”</b> She wasn’t being morbid. She was telling the wolf the truth in a soft way, explaining a life lesson in a short sentence. <b>“If you are going to search for him, find a pack. Not one here, you have showed inexperience on your climbing abilities, there are many in the forest that will accept of such young blood, but you may die here. You must remember, a pack-mate will not always been there to help you."</b>

She let out a deep exhale, tawny tail warming her forepaws. <b>"There is much water in the forest, follow your nose if need be. Be careful at borders, submit instantly. There are many who are dangerous, more violent than me, and it will end badly for you. Never cross the border, wait for someone to find you or howl. Explain what you offer to a pack, tell your strengths only.”</b>

Her voice didn’t drift off into the land around her. Instead it stayed with a bold determination and clung to the air while watching for some sign of reaction. Her <span class='word'>phatic</span> was clear and understandable, she cared enough to want to help in the best way she could. By sharing experience, giving clues on how to stay thriving in a world so harsh. She wished someone had given her that much, instead she had been torn apart and rejected. This wolf was lucky to hear knowledge only learned from failure. <b>“Tell me, what is your name?”</b>
user posted image
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
The young wolf listened quietly. She didn't want to believe
the female, but she knew someplace in her heart that her father
was dead. Perhaps he had been killed that day by the bear and
she had run off, or maybe he had defended her while they ran from
the bear and was killed. All Narimé knew was that her father wasn't there
for her now. She was lucky another wolf had even come for her.

"To survive..." She mumbled while still trying to gage the she wolfs integridy.
The elegant woman did seem truthful at least. There was something there however
that reminded Narimé of her mother killing that loner back home. No, not home.
Back at the other place.
I have to make this place my home now. She watched the golden wolf
listening still whilst the thoughts raced through her head.
“If you are going to search for him, find a pack. Not one here,
you have showed inexperience on your climbing abilities, there are many
in the forest that will accept of such young blood, but you may die here.
You must remember, a pack-mate will not always been there to help you."

The yearling listened quietly. This wolf did not want her here. Which meant
that there was a pack around this desolate place. How can they live in such a
dangerous place? I wouldn't want to live here even if she did invite me to.

She watched the female shift her position as she sat on
the cold stone.

"My name?" She hesitated for a second, but what was wrong
with telling this wolf her name?
"My name is Narimé Lagina." She flicked her ear in a greeting type gesture.
Then she realized that even if she did want to go down into the forest
she was apposed to going down these rocks alone. Maybe the she wolf
would guide her just till the footing got better.
"Would it be okay if I asked you to show me a safe way down?" She asked politely
hoping that the she wolf didn't have other plans.

Inactive No Rank
Treena Rose Hervok
Treena couldn’t keep her amusement off her face, a smile plastered from her one ear to the other as she nodded. <b>“Well, Narimé, I’ll just escort you to the bottom.”</b> This was both to make sure she did not die, and that she left the territory. The last thing she needed was trouble from the pack for being reckless, letting the loner explore their territory because she hadn’t followed through. The crafty she-wolf turned with an eerie grace, paws making absolutely no sound. Her mind considered each step, measuring the likelihood of it holding not only her weight, but Narimé’s. She judged the shape, how sturdy it looked and if she were to fall, where she would land.

It was all quite remarkable how intelligent her mind was, how it worked like a bionic person to mechanically alter her surroundings. She was a paranormal robot, crafted to insanity leaps and bounds through the rocky terrain. She could sense the danger in some places, turning sharply to warn the silver wolf. <b>“Careful, the rocks on my right seem loose.”</b> She jumped over them, tranquility pouring from her very body. She was like a hawk, catching the air and soaring through the sky. Her back still to the loner she kept her unnatural pace through the danger. Turning her head once more, the wolf did a double take over Narimé, making sure the wolf was still in one piece. <b>“We do not need a landslide.”</b>

Her forepaws slide downwards. Her perfectly formed tongue lolling out of the side of her mouth each breath she took. She had a tendency to pant, even though the work was far from tiring. <b>“Watch your grip here.”</b> She jumped once more, straining to the sky before landing. It was soundless, little more than a door closing, but you could see where her claws struggled for balance. She could nearly feel Lost Lake now, the abnormal reflection radiating through the air. She wanted to touch it, to feel it soothing down her throat, but she wouldn’t. Instead she looked over her limp shoulder and at the loner, patiently waiting. <b>“Watch that last jump, paws get a little tangled.”</b>

user posted image
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
Narimé wagged her tail after the she wolf told
that she would escort her down. A sigh escaped the young
wolfs lips as she watched the she wolf turn and began quickly crossing
over the stones. Narimé focused on where the elegant wolf stepped
so that she wouldn't slip. She couldn't believe how easily the female was
making her through this place. It amazed the yearling and she wondered
if all the wolves in this golden she wolfs pack were this adept at crossing the
mountains.

It seemed like they were getting closer and closer to the lake. Narimé
could scent the water as they neared it, but she dared not look at it yet. She was
still watching her step on the rocks. Everytime the female warned her about a
dangerous area she lifted her head and smiled a bit then uttered a soft "thank you."
to the she wolf. There were afew jumps that Narimé hesitated at, but after completing
that first leap to the ledge she was more sure of herself. She leaped and landed
almost as nicely as the beautiful female.

Finally as she noticed some more grasses around the rocks
she dared to stop and look up for a second. The lake was beautiful.
Looking forward again she noticed the female leaped the last big space that
seperated them from the mountain and the lake. As the female waited for her; Narimé
readied herself for the last jump. She breathed in the scents of the slate and dirty stones
then quickly bounded to the edge and jumped the open space. She landed
with more sure footing and looked up at the female and smiled nice and big.
"Thank you so much for everything, but would you please tell me your name?" She
lowered her head at first but then decided to lift it just a bit.
"If I ever meet you again and you're in trouble, then it will be my turn to help you."
he looked up into the golden females pretty eyes.
"But I wanna know your name first." She stood stilllowered watching the she wolf with
her own curious blue eyes.

You can end the post if you want next or exit and I will end it after Treena exits.Whatever you wanna do.
(This post was last modified: May 20, 2012, 01:04 AM by Narimé.)

Inactive No Rank
Treena Rose Hervok
The she-wolf hesitated, unsure. She could see no danger in sharing her name, but still paranoia clung to her very being. Rocking on her paws the she-wolf weighed the pros and cons of having an ally in the world, most of the cons very farfetched, but mentally possible. <b>“I am Treena Rose.”</b>

<b>“Your loyalty is appreciated, but completely unnecessary. If I get myself in trouble I do not expect guidance from anyone else, just focus on keeping yourself alive. That’s what matters in the world.”</b> A breeze ran through the she-wolf’s fur, and for a moment her eyes closed and she absorbed the beauty around her. The wild ran in her blood, Mother Nature’s gift of joy was contiguous. She was silent long enough to be unnerving, as if forgetting the other wolf. Fret not though, she was slowly returning to life all the same. She inhaled power, exhaling the darkness and feelings not found in the kind hearted. Her eyes stayed closed though, standing on the very tips of all four paws. Had she been captured by humans their attempts to tame would have worked, she was easily broken to affection. She was too trusting and loving to seem fully wolf, any sign of connection would please her. Yet, she’d never lose this part of herself, the ‘holding onto the wild’ part. Breathing in the scents of earth and life the magnificent wolf was quite content standing at the border becoming one with her surroundings. Her eyes never opened, her body still swaying like a dancer’s in the unreliable wind. <b>“Survival of the fittest."</b> She gave a small smile, almost too dark to look real on such an innocent face.

<b>"It's always survival of the fittest out here."</b>

With that she snapped out of her tranquil faze and let her nose touch the shoulder of Narimé. <b>“I hope to see you again young child. Do be careful, and stay alive.”</b> She wasn’t being dramatic. How many times had she nearly died as a loner? The risk was even greater when she was younger, more naïve and free-spirited. Headstrong and untouchable had led her to great dangerous, all she managed to survive in. Whether it was luck, or pure skill, the she-wolf was still thriving in life today while her mother and brothers were nothing more than rotting corpses. That had to count for something. She stepped back, retreating deeper into her pack’s territory with a distraught look now stretched upon her fearless face. <b>“If it’s not too much to ask, I’d enjoy it very much if you visited.”</b>

OCC: You can reply if you choose, or just Archive the thread and claim the life-points ;)
(This post was last modified: May 21, 2012, 11:23 AM by Treena.)
user posted image