(See All?) Announcements
626 Users Online
Bing, Google

Through the woods... — Cedarwood Forest 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Hero who has 494 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Koda Reinier
The pale silver and cream wolf traveled through the seemingly endless expanse of huge cedarwood trees. The open space after the dense thicket was welcome, despite having to leave Nina behind. He would cherish the day that they had spent together and certainly hoped that he would see the golden brown fae again soon. He was once again on the hunt for the elusive <i>something</i> that he'd been chasing for months now. A place that he belonged. Something kept him moving, unable to settle in one place. He'd been sorely temped to join Nina' pack, especially after their time together, but he couldn't escape the feeling that he was not meant to, at least not at this time. But, who knew what the future would bring? Not him.

So, here he was in this beautiful, imposing forest skirting the edge of yet another pack's territory. He took great care not to near their border, for he wanted no trouble. He was merely an explorer with an unknown destination. Perhaps others would come to check out the stranger near their borders, perhaps not. His stride carried him steadily forward at a pace that he could maintain for hours and nothing changed, save the trees. Nothing stirred, other than the occasional bird singing or scolding him for being too near. He smiled at the nerve of the tiny avians threatening a large strong wolf. Koda slowed to a walk, giving way to a slowly lumbering porcupine. He'd learned the hard was as a gangly pup that they were best left alone. His stomach tightened slightly at the potential meal passing by, but he could nearly feel the barbs stuck in his muzzle from those years before. He wasn't <i>that</i> hungry!

[Image: btp_by_euphoriclies-d8zepdr.png]
Arla and Emma are the ish and made my pretties!
Koda will most likely always be accompanied by Chiron unless otherwise stated, or requested.

Played by xexes who has 83 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Skittles

As the leaves beneath his feet crunched a solemn melody, the pads of his tenderized paws ached in a dull sea of waves. But pain was the way of the world. Over his puppy years, he'd learned that the best things in life were the easiest, but now that he were older, he'd flip-flopped. It was only the hard things in life that were worth working for.

Suddenly, he found himself an inch from the dirt and realized that his legs had buckled under him. With a grunt of effort, he rose to standing, an adrenaline rush tainted with screaming aches. He took a moment to examine it and dismissed the rock that had penetrated his left pawpad as a mere effort of love. His thoughts began to drift off into the forbidden zone. He shook them away with a mighty shake, pulled the rock out, and continued trudging on, his footsteps now accompanied by a maroon red that followed him wherever he went.

Looking up, he saw another figure. At once, his face contorted to that of an excited devil, his tongue lolling out far more than it should, with his tail beating a steady rhythm. Trotting forwards, he reached the other and proceeded to stand behind him. Dipping his head, he eyed the figure's undercarriage. Male. He had reached wolf country. Had he been here before? The trees had a twinge of familiarity but the same overall vaugeness that melded into the memory of all trees. He wasn't sure.

Skittles moved from the man's side to in front of him, stopping a comfortable distance and then inching his neck further and further towards him, as if he were going for a tortoise-paced kiss. His eyes widened each inch until they appeared to bulge. His expression was vacant, almost as if he were waiting for something.

THANK YOU JACCY
Played by Lightning who has 584 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ash Hervok
Through days of travel many things had happened and one male had no clue what he was doing anymore. He wanted to fulfil his need to kill his sister. Enough was enough and he was tired of waiting. He wanted to get it over with now but knew he wouldn't be aloud to at the moment. The air was cool, but for some reason to Ash it felt like he was next to a crackling fire. Or perhaps it was just the crunch of leaves he was hearing. It wasn't just his footfalls he was hearing though, he was definitely hearing others. Sniffing the air he froze. . .there she was. . NIna. .the bitch he wanted to track down and kill. . .it was her scent, and it was somewhat stale but strong, which made no common sense what so ever.

Something must have gone wrong in her pack. . .a small grin made its way onto Ash's face at the thought. . .even better. Another reason for him to kill her, put her out of her misery. He was too distracted by the thought before he noticed he was near the scent but in front of him were to males. What the hell happened here? His sister was obviously a female and she was one wolf not two, what the heck was going on here. Sniffing the air again he concluded what his thoughts were and narrowed his eyes at the two. "Which one of you smell like Nina?"

As soon as the words escaped the male's mouth he growled. His easily paced tail was now snapping back and forth like an angry lion. He was overly pissed now. What the hell was going on? Something hadn't gone wrong to Nina. . .or perhaps this wolf in front of him had already done the deed for him and murdered her. . .it wouldn't surprise him considering what a bitch she was. He wasn't going to give a phatic about the female. Hell, he had nothing good to say about her in the first place. Now it was time to find out how the hell one of these guys knew her.

I think I've finally seen the light..in you.
Inactive No Rank
Koda Reinier
A figure approached him and for all intensive purposes, looked ecstatic to see him. Unfortunately, Koda had no clue who this effusive and very curious wolf was. His head and tail carriage was high as the other approached. He didn't smell of a pack, so Koda was slightly relieved not to be challenged for trespassing. That was something which he had been very careful not to do. He 'humphed' in a bit of indignation as the other male glanced beneath him. <i>Was that really necessary?</i> Then the other came around to his head to behave even more oddly. He was inching his head towards Koda with his eyes bugged out, looking almost glazed and expressionless. At first, it creeped him out a bit and then the humor of it struck him and he resisted the urge to yell, <i>"Boo!"</i> at the top of his lungs.

Before he could decide whether or not to startle the odd wolf another male appeared full of apparent indignation. Before he had a chance to speak the other demanded to know which one of them smelled like Nina. The strange male was forgotten and all of his attention was turned towards the belligerent male. <i>Nina? What was she to this wolf?</i> Two emotions hit him at the same time, nearly knocking him off of his feet. Jealousy and anger. He had not said Nina's name with respect. He's said it with hate.

Emotions flooded Koda and he had to work hard not to let them rule him. This other wolf's obvious enmity towards his sweet Nina was not acceptable. Not with him around. He faced him with long white fangs bared, hackles raised, head lowered and tail high above him. <b>"You had better watch your tone when you speak her name or I will rip your tongue out and give it to her as a gift!"</b> he snarled by way off answer.

Koda will most likely always be accompanied by Chiron unless otherwise stated, or requested.

Inactive No Rank
Skittles

As Skittles studied the male with all the powers of vision that he could obtain, there was suddenly a voice like thunder. He whirled around to face it, his tail instantly careening towards his underside, his ears pinned back in apprehension. More words were exchanged, angry words, with outside voices full of mean things that were never to be said. He began to lick his chops even more nervously, as if his whiskers had something perpetually caught on them.

He lowered himself into a laying position. "Please no...", he whimpered, mostly to himself. He placed both of his paws on his snout, his body trembling with nervousness. Realizing there was nothing he could do for two strangers who insisted on using outside voices and angry words and unspeakable things, he knew at once what his destiny here at these lands were: burial grounds. He squinted and watched, convinced that he would be the one stuck with the figurative shovel grave digging.

His thoughts turned to other things, his mind simply unable to take the atrocities of spilling blood at face value. The sky, ever so high above, careening, towering, so large. Tree tips stretched towards it, ever yearning for more light, as if it were power, and themselves thirsty for more. From above, a bird flew from here to there, an opaque shadow among the passing egg whites of clouds. Leaves were strewn casually upon branches, dabs of paint on the vast canvas of the sky. Here and there they fell when it was their time to die.

THANK YOU JACCY
Inactive No Rank
Ash Hervok
The brown brute chose to pay no attention to the other male as his eyes zoomed onto Koda. Protective were we now? A devilish smile worked its way onto his face. So who was this? Nina and the male must have been close considering the man's reaction. Raising his head his tail raised, ears pricked, and in a dominant stand he growled. Looking down at the male in front of him. Had he just threatened him? Ripping how tongue off. Growling and snapping back at the male he said, "Who the hell are you? What are you to her? Her mate, lover, best friend, protector? She's a poison just like every other healer in the region." He had a few exceptions. But what had to be said had to be said and that was definitely it. 

He wasnt expecting the reaction he had gotten from the silver male in grit of him. But slight respect for the man was driving into his veins. He was reminding Ash of himself. With him and Treena. His Little Treena. Glaring at the boy in front of him he growled. This was different, Nina was a bitch, and if the two of these wolves were close then he might have to prepare himself for a fight.  Moving into a defensive stance he still remained dominant. He wanted an answer, he did wish to know what Nina was to this wolf. It would be a useful piece of information.

Played by Vami who has 1,026 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
She had never expected to come this close to Grizzly Hollow territory, and although she was far from the boarders, had thus previously as a rogue successfully avoided the cedar forest boarders all together. Though she comes in following suit of Koda, eager to keep a close eye on him should trouble arise with uncontrollable Grizzly wolves- she knew there to be some and knew them well enough. Since her gathering of members, she had not yet run into Kyrie again around the Drooping Willows and had only hoped she had found her way well- Elettra would hate to loose the friendly woman. Having only days before been with Remy and any others, when she caught the scent of Koda she followed without question. He was her only male, after all.
When she was close enough, she could see the two others around Koda, none smelling predominately of packs which she knew and, as she grew closer still, would catch the bit of conversation they were having. Their words were bitter and hateful and she would sense the air of tension and agitation rising with each passing moment.
As she lingers closer, she slows her pace and lowers her body, forming a predator's stance. Her skull drops, hunching back between her shoulder blades as it leveled with her spine. Her tail raises high in a form of dominant stature and her ears remained back as a snarl mares her lips. Her pale grey gaze is settled upon Ash, catching his last bit of words. "Healers are poison, you say?" Her voice is marred with a deepened growl, her tones anything but friendly as she approaches the unknown male from behind, trapping him here as Koda remained in the front. Koda was a large male though this Ash was the same. Still, she was confidant she could teach him a lesson or two if need be.
Her muzzle wrinkles up to a further snarl, her paws shifting outwards to splay them and her hind quarters inching back to where it would be easy to spring. She was everything of threatening in her display, for the male was not only acting hostile towards one of her future members, but he had disrespected her with his words as well. "Back off, or I promise you that you will reap the day you crossed me and mine." It was her final, and only warning.
Inactive No Rank
Koda Reinier
Koda's fury only grew with the male's words. Not only did he apparently hate Nina, but had a view on healers that was skewed and toxic. <i>How could healers be poison?</i> Every one that he had ever know went above and beyond their call of duty for their patients. That is why it took a very special wolf indeed to take on the vital role. The fact that his words were directed at Nina in particular lit a fire in the normally peaceful wolf that he wasn't sure that he could put out. Just as he was about to answer, with actions rather than words, A regal and confident female appeared behind the other.

Strangely, he wasn't surprised to see Elettra even though they had not been traveling directly together. The pack was unofficial yet, but he was a pack member and somehow she was there when he needed her. Before he did something stupid. Like gut this prejudiced moron before him. He glanced towards her for a mere second and tipped his head slightly to her, before returning his attention to his foe, for with his words he had become Koda's first enemy. He almost smiled as he heard the words from his leadess. He would not like to be on the wrong side of this majestic woman.

His dominant aggressive stature had never faltered, if anything it increased with Elettra's presence. His golden eyes, nearly black with fury now bore into the stranger. <b>"To answer your question, Nina is my...friend and yes, I do consider myself her protector."</b> He could claim no more. They were not mates, they had not been lovers... not that that was this cretin's business. He continued, his voice cold as steel. <b>"She was my healer and now you have met my leadess, Elettra Archer, also a skilled healer. Perhaps you have more to say on the profession? I highly recommend you say nothing more of Nina, unless it of your intent to lick her paws in apology."</b> His words came in a calm, yet icy voice, but his body was poised for action and he almost hoped that the other would do or say something that merited attack.

Inactive No Rank
Skittles

He wasn't sure if things had gotten better or worse, but they did grow different. Suddenly there was a female, also speaking in outside voices with angry, mean words that were not to be said, ever. For whatever reason, he simply couldn't admire their boldness in saying these forbidden words and sayings. But now that the tide had shifted from equal to inequal, perhaps the angrier man would be less inclined to fight. Or perhaps he was so angry that it didn't matter. He had no idea why this was happening, only that it was and that he didn't like it. He doubted that either of these wolves would bury the mean one if he died, so still, Skittles stayed. His ears pointed backwards, not wanting to be here, but not having the fortitude to go elsewhere.

He rested his head on his paws and winced his eyes, waiting for it to all be over. He tried to study the birds in the sky but it began to make his neck ache, so he settled for counting leaves. One leaf. Two leaves. Three leaves. On look, a caterpillar. He began to wonder what caterpillars were like, what they did all day. How did such a simple thing as a caterpillar fit into the grand scheme of the universe? What if caterpillars didn't exist, would the ecology of the world collapse? Would the creatures grow into different creatures that his mind couldn't imagine? Perhaps feathers would sprout from eyes at the ends of their claws. But then how would they dig? Would they need to dig? How would these exotic creatures feed themselves, or walk even? Perhaps having eyeballs at the ends of their claws wasn't really supportable in nature and that's why it didn't exist? ...

THANK YOU JACCY
Inactive No Rank
Ash Hervok
Soon enough another female entered the scene. Who the hell was she interrupting in their conversation. When the male's words reached his ears his answer was found. They were pack mates yet they failed to smell like one another. How interesting. . .he hadn't smelt any boundaries in the area except for another pack's borders. These wolves smelt nothing like those borders though. Did he really want to go with him? Alright time to answer the male and female's question. But before he could answer the male, Koda, spoke up again. Lick her feet in apology? Who the hell did he think he was talking to? Some low life bird? Did he look like a bird? With a snort of annoyance he stared at the wolf. He claimed to be a friend and we protector. And she was his healer. He didn't know that one could own another but perhaps the two did have something going on that was unsaid. Did this wolf worship Nina? I mean seriously lick her feet in apology. What kind of wolf would do that? One with a screwed up head. Shaking his head mentally he tilted his head towards the female respectably before replying, "The only healers I have met here so far have abused their talent of healing. I have only seen wolves die from the paws of healers since arriving."

Ash had nothing against the female in front of him for the time being. She might be a healer and she might be a very talented one. But he had not seen a wolf die at the paws of this wolf before so at the moment he simply could not judge her. For anything. Skittles, the young man, seemed generally scared out of his wits. Twitching his ears in sympathy for the male he spoke, "Apologies for you having to get in the middle of this, sir." Upon closer evaluation he concluded that the white male was about a year older than himself. What a mistake he had made, note to self. . .dont assume age by maturity level. . .